I almost died on Tuesday

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
That's scary, having such a brush with death. Hope you get well soon!

I also hope the gallbladder issue won't give you too much problems. A life without bacon, spicy food and chocolate is not a life worth living ;)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That's scary, having such a brush with death. Hope you get well soon!

I also hope the gallbladder issue won't give you too much problems. A life without bacon, spicy food and chocolate is not a life worth living ;)
I can due without spicy foods. Bacon is a devastating blow. And im not much of a chocolate guy. I like sour skittles though.

But the real hit is giving up Dr. Pepper. I dont drink, i dont smoke, i do no drugs.....but i like having a soda h

Reactions: gorfias

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Get well soon. If it helps keep you off the meat products, I can tell you that diet products that prevent the absorption of fat recommend that users wear dark trousers.

I've been pescatarian (ugh, I hate the word, but it would be a lie to say I'm vegatarian) for years, and it's really not bad at all.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The dietary (dis)recommendations they are seemingly giving you are pretty weird. The general advice is damn simple: Eat small meals; limit high-fat, gas-producing foods (results of a 1st class Google search). The advice that I've heard given to people is even simpler: cut your meat per serving by half. By all means there should be nothing wrong with Dr Pepper. However, some people are unlucky and get a bloated feeling more easily than others and similarly that feeling could be painful for some people.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
This is one of those occasions where I feel real uncomfortable using the like button.

Good luck with future surgeries and hope you have a speedy recovery. And I hope work isn't being a pain about it

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I always find your reviews very well written. Hopefully, you recover.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This is one of those occasions where I feel real uncomfortable using the like button.

Good luck with future surgeries and hope you have a speedy recovery. And I hope work isn't being a pain about it
Luckily my boss is my dad so i have unlimited time off if i need it.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
I am 28 years old.

Never had my Appendix, Wisdom Teeth, Tonsils, or Gallbladder removed because they have yet to become a problem for me

Still anxious if it happens though.

Though I did had surgery for a bad case of hemorrhoids.

Anyway I am glad you are ok

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope it turns out all right.

As for the maybe needing a strict diet thing, it's tough at first, but you learn what you can and can't get away with safely soon enough, and as far as missing out on eating certain stuff, a little creativity in your cooking can go a long way towards compensating at least a little.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Well on the bright side, now you have the excuse to play as much FF7R you want! Or replay it I guess.

I do hope you recover

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Glad you’re alright.

Fucking gallbladders. The name even sounds stupid. Stupid, stupid, obsolete body part; a remnant of when people ate high concentrations of fatty meats. Oh wait…

Best stick to stuff like chicken and turkey if not going full blown vegan.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I am 28 years old.

Never had my Appendix, Wisdom Teeth, Tonsils, or Gallbladder removed because they have yet to become a problem for me

Still anxious if it happens though.

Though I did had surgery for a bad case of hemorrhoids.

Anyway I am glad you are ok

I had all four of my wisdom teeth out at 38. Was awake for it all, and swear I had to deliberately counteract the wrenching of my jaw to prevent it from snapping sideways. I think it was the bottom two that had to be split in-half before they could actually be extracted. Then I drove to the local supermarket with a mouthful of bloody gauze and my phone open to a notepad note which explained my situation to the pharmacist for my pain meds. That was a Thursday, and it was a relief to have Friday off. I think the pits were finally clotted enough by Monday to be gauze free.