Venom 2 Trailer

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I really hope Venom remains separate from all the "multiverse" discussion. Once you start knotting together threads from other ostensibly unrelated tales because "Marvel," you handcuff yourself to a past and future you can't independently affect; Venom becomes but a piece of the puzzle and far less interesting and fun in a larger world that will likely leave most people feeling like "meh, I've already seen End Game; not waiting around another 10 years to see it again."
Well at this point it's entirely non-canon, because Venom STARTED with Eddy Brock, and there is zero connection to Peter Parker, and no real reason that they would have a weird relationship with him. So trying to shoehorn it in with both of the current narrative timelines would be so weird. They might as well just let it stay it's own thing.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
So what's the deal here? Is this part of the multiverse? Its the same universe as Mobius, and that as the Vulture from Spiderman Homecoming in it.
*shakes magic eightball*
Yes Mobius, No Multiverse.

I believe Venom is still completely licensed/Owned by Sony so Marvel isn't going to touch it. It would only benefit sony and the production control on venom isn't being done by Marvel which Disney is very concerned about these days.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The lighting looks even darker than before. Like beyond the point of being able to tell what's goin on.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Well that shockingly took long enough to get made.

Like what is it 2017 the last Venom?

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Well that shockingly took long enough to get made.

Like what is it 2017 the last Venom?
2018 was the first Venom movie. This was going to be released back in 2020 but thanks to everybody's favorite disease it got pushed back almost a year to September 24th 2021. I hope they made good use of that time.

I'm just glad this movie will start out with Venom and Brock together, thus we can witness the wacky hijinks from the start. The only actual problem with the last movie was how long it took setting things up, it took roughly a third of the movie for Venom and Brock to bond thus getting us to the part we actually came to see. I still think they could've cut a few minutes here and there to get to that part faster.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm just glad this movie will start out with Venom and Brock together, thus we can witness the wacky hijinks from the start. The only actual problem with the last movie was how long it took setting things up, it took roughly a third of the movie for Venom and Brock to bond thus getting us to the part we actually came to see. I still think they could've cut a few minutes here and there to get to that part faster.
That was my singular complaint with that movie, how long it took to get to the part everyone was there to see. At least once it got there, it didn't disappoint thereafter.

On topic, my gf detests superhero movies, but actually really liked Venom once I made her watch it upon Blu-ray release, so instead of allowing me to "cheat on her," and go on a movie date with our friend Monika who loves superhero movies, she says we could have a "threesome" this time; she wants to see it too after I showed her the trailer.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
On topic, my gf detests superhero movies, but actually really liked Venom once I made her watch it upon Blu-ray
What is it about superhero movies that she detests so much, yet she likes Venom? Just curious. I know not everyone likes the superhero genre, so I'm not bothered. Not everyone's going to like the same thing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
What is it about superhero movies that she detests so much, yet she likes Venom? Just curious. I know not everyone likes the superhero genre, so I'm not bothered. Not everyone's going to like the same thing.
Honestly, we're both pretty burned out on superhero movies after the exhausting ride that has been the MCU for over a decade, but she liked Venom because it was something different, darker. Everyone knows Spider-Man and Iron Man and Thor, etc. and how all the movies they've been in over the past several years kinda blend together, but she'd never heard of Venom, so for her, it was more a supernatural film and less a superhero film. It didn't spend it hours throwing a bunch of same-ol' characters at her again, and again and again...

The only hero films I've really like in the past several years have been Venom and both Deadpools for largely those same reasons, and she liked Aquaman because she thinks Jason Mamoa is hot and Wonder Woman because she likes strong female characters, other than that, I can't tell you anything we've enjoyed or "wanted" to see. We were "kindapped" in 2019 by my friend who took us on a double date to see End Game in the theater. After 3 hours of a Marvel all-skate, we were both nearly physically ill on hero shit. That same friend is insisting we watch the Justice League, but a 4 hours, we've no intention of ever doing so.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Honestly, we're both pretty burned out on superhero movies after the exhausting ride that has been the MCU for over a decade, but she liked Venom because it was something different, darker. Everyone knows Spider-Man and Iron Man and Thor, etc. and how all the movies they've been in over the past several years kinda blend together, but she'd never heard of Venom, so for her, it was more a supernatural film and less a superhero film. It didn't spend it hours throwing a bunch of same-ol' characters at her again, and again and again...

The only hero films I've really like in the past several years have been Venom and both Deadpools for largely those same reasons, and she liked Aquaman because she thinks Jason Mamoa is hot and Wonder Woman because she likes strong female characters, other than that, I can't tell you anything we've enjoyed or "wanted" to see. We were "kindapped" in 2019 by my friend who took us on a double date to see End Game in the theater. After 3 hours of a Marvel all-skate, we were both nearly physically ill on hero shit. That same friend is insisting we watch the Justice League, but a 4 hours, we've no intention of ever doing so.
Quite understandable. I have similar feelings. I still have yet to see the Snyder cut of Justice League, nor do I want to. The MCU I'm not completely done, but there are still some stuff I want to see. But right now, I'm more interested in adaptions of non MCU superheroes or the more or lesser known ones. Shoot, I'm more invested with some of the future DCEU movies than the future MCU projects.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Quite understandable. I have similar feelings. I still have yet to see the Snyder cut of Justice League, nor do I want to. The MCU I'm not completely done, but there are still some stuff I want to see. But right now, I'm more interested in adaptions of non MCU superheroes or the more or lesser known ones. Shoot, I'm more invested with some of the future DCEU movies than the future MCU projects.
Yeah for me, I've just lost much drive to see the films. Around Ant-Man, they started feeling formulaic to me. I was genuinely bored during Ant-Man, fell asleep during Doctor Strange's climax, and never bothered to see AM 2. I've become way more selective with the MCU content I consume, mostly because they are starting to branch out into character's and storylines I just don't care for. I might watch something months later, if I have nothing else to do, like WandaVision, but it's not a driving force for me.

Now, if they do something with a character I really like, like Kamala Khan, I will be more interested, because I just like her character. But just consuming all of it simply because it's got the MCU stamp? Nah, I'm kinda done.

As a sidenote @Xprimentyl if the two of you listen to audiobooks, I'd strongly recommend you check out the Super Powereds series by Drew Hayes. It's a super hero...well I don't want to call it a deconstruction, but it kind of is. It's very much "What would it look like in the real world, if super heroes were real." It's not totally grim dark like Watchmen, but a lot of thought went into how it would change "everyday life." The framework, is Super Hero College. Not high school, college. And it's REALLY damn good. If you like My Hero Academia's premise, but would like to see it with more of a mature angle, and with kids slightly more mature (namely allowing for sex and recreational drug/alcohol), I'd say check it out.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah for me, I've just lost much drive to see the films. Around Ant-Man, they started feeling formulaic to me. I was genuinely bored during Ant-Man, fell asleep during Doctor Strange's climax, and never bothered to see AM 2. I've become way more selective with the MCU content I consume, mostly because they are starting to branch out into character's and storylines I just don't care for. I might watch something months later, if I have nothing else to do, like WandaVision, but it's not a driving force for me.

Now, if they do something with a character I really like, like Kamala Khan, I will be more interested, because I just like her character. But just consuming all of it simply because it's got the MCU stamp? Nah, I'm kinda done.
I decided after End Game that I the only "hero" shit I'd be interested in was Deadpool's taking the piss out of the MCU and genuinely being entertaining (as Deadpool as a character should be,) and Venom, my childhood favorite character; anything else, I don't actively avoid, but neither do I seek it out. I can't think of anything else I'd like to see.

As a sidenote @Xprimentyl if the two of you listen to audiobooks, I'd strongly recommend you check out the Super Powereds series by Drew Hayes. It's a super hero...well I don't want to call it a deconstruction, but it kind of is. It's very much "What would it look like in the real world, if super heroes were real." It's not totally grim dark like Watchmen, but a lot of thought went into how it would change "everyday life." The framework, is Super Hero College. Not high school, college. And it's REALLY damn good. If you like My Hero Academia's premise, but would like to see it with more of a mature angle, and with kids slightly more mature (namely allowing for sex and recreational drug/alcohol), I'd say check it out.
That actually does sound pretty interesting; thank you for the recommendation.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Tom Hardy's performance still grates on me, but honestly I don't mind his dynamic with the symbiote. I'm not one of those people who wants the Venom movies to take themselves seriously.

But they're seriously limiting the movie by not giving Venom more Spider-y powers. At this point he's just a fucking dude with sharp teeth and super strength. All his villains so far have been more interesting action sequence wise.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ok, new trailer. Does it answer my previous questions?
Will it be rated R, cuz you know, Carnage?
Jury's still out on that one. I'm thinking it'll be a no.
And will Woody Harrelson give us a succulently hammy performance?
Yes, yes it looks like he is.

50/50. Could be better.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Me personally, movie is looking fine. Tom Hardy I love as Venom, and I'm excited to see this.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Curious if y'all have seen this 2018 move, "Upgrade". Very similar (and better than) Venom in many ways but doesn't go where you think it's going.

I do think Venom 2 looks like it will work well in ways #1 did not.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Curious if y'all have seen this 2018 move, "Upgrade". Very similar (and better than) Venom in many ways but doesn't go where you think it's going.

I do think Venom 2 looks like it will work well in ways #1 did not.
I have and some of the other users. We've already discussed this in the filming thread, but I honestly don't care if it's the "better" Venom movie. A lot of critics on the internet have been saying that. I like both movies fine. With that said, once I saw Upgrade, I did not feel the need to watch it again. I watched it a second time, but after that I haven't touched it since then. The Blu-ray case just sits right next to Venom.

Cartaxena

Jul 29, 2021
Country
USA
Tom Hardy fit in well for the role of Venom. I'm really looking forward to the release of the second part.

Reactions: BrawlMan