E3-2021 MEGATHREAD!!!

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Its really weird to call people hating on other M story sexist, I'd say other M is probably the most sexist game I ever played.

Normal Samus: See a planet full of juicy space pirate bounty, go there alone with minimal equipment, kick everyone and everything asses and leave with a giant arsenal of weapon she found on site. The fact that she's a women is irrelevant.

Other M Samus: Immediately become an obedient pet to some male character that has no authority over here and wait for his command to use her arsenal even when not doing so means she literally cook alive, would rather die than go against a man authority. The only other theme of the story is that women can make baby.

Normal Samus: See Ripley, immediately start deep throating him with super missiles

Other M Samus: See Ripley, start crying and is completely unable to do anything until a man comes in and saves her.

Fusion Adam was fine aside from him blocking you gameplay wise, he did have an obnixious neckbeard "m'lady"-like way to refer to Samus but it wasn't used often.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Suddenly I'm back in 2010 with all this talk of Samus in Other M.

Is Moviebob being a blind fanboy again.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You didn't follow him early enough. You forced me to do this. Game Overthinker: Episode 40. The big problem with his argument is that he completely misses the point of why people are upset. For the record, Bob hates the Metroid prime games because they are in first person. Bob is well known for hating on shooters aside from Doom.
Yeah, thats a really stupid take and even stupider strawman since he did totally seem to misunderstand what people found so objectionable. He even makes the argument that some characterization is better then none.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
From the Nintendo conference

Llama in a wig.png
Space Lama confirmed for Guardians of the Galaxy

playable unicorn.png
Racing game with playable winged unicorn
and
Finally
Golf battle.png
Golf game with boss battles.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Worse show: Capcom
I have no problem with shows be so short, because it allows the presenter to be on-point without filling with extra showboating bullshit. However, if the show itself is short, i expect the content to be something good. While Capcom's things weren't the worst, they certainly weren't too exciting either.
Okay, I change my mind; the worst "show" from E3 so far are Take-two and Bandai Namco

Because unlike other guys, there were no gameplay, no trailers, not even a bit of news; Just a panel of people talking about how great their experience have been so far working in their respective positions.

Take-two even tried to pull the whole "diverse and inclusive" virtue-signal bullshit.

Neither panels weren't too exciting to listen to, making both the most boring, laughable, and complete waste of time

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Suddenly I'm back in 2010 with all this talk of Samus in Other M.

Is Moviebob being a blind fanboy again.

Yeah, thats a really stupid take and even stupider strawman since he did totally seem to misunderstand what people found so objectionable. He even makes the argument that some characterization is better then none.
You forgot that this one of the most ultimate contrarian critics on the Internet. This is him 3 years in to Bob's career.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You forgot that this one of the most ultimate contrarian critics on the Internet. This is him 3 years in to Bob's career.
Nah, usually hes pretty good. This is just a really stupid take.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nah, usually hes pretty good.
No. No, he's not. He had some ground back then, but that's only because the criticism pool was still young, and there was not much competition to compare to. As the years went on, and the landscape grew and changed, you have many that came in and did better than him. Either in personality, fact checking, production values, not being an know-it-all asshole, or all the above. Even back in the AVGN clone days, there were plenty of better options, if one bothered to look hard enough.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No. No, he's not. He had some ground back then, but that's only because the criticism pool was still young, and there was not much competition to compare to. As the years went on, and the landscape grew and changed, you have many that came in and did better than him. Either in personality, fact checking, production values, not being an know-it-all asshole, or all the above. Even back in the AVGN clone days, there were plenty of better options, if one bothered to look hard enough.
Nah he was fine.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Do they have a dlc release date yet?
They will have a release date, when the Survival Mode Trailers comes out. My guess is that the DLC will be out in mid or late July.

Nah he was fine.
No. That's part of the problem. He got where he was, because his fans and those in his favor either ignored his more heinous or shitty actions and criticisms. Or they would make excuses. Then most of them see him for he really is and was. A lot of his fans dropped Bob the hot potato or lost interest. He still has some fans, but not even close to what it used to be. The dude got in trouble for stalking a woman on Twitter. Remember that.

That is all I will say on the matter. Believe whatever you want. Bob's curtain has long fallen and will be nothing more than a memory. If you wish to waste your precious time on him, that is on you.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

That was a very cathartic read. Thanks for that.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Super Monkey Ball Collection! Let's fucking go, Sega! They are on a roll lately!

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Welp, looks like that's it for E3 this year...... until someone resurrects this thread for EA Play 2021 next month

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Namco's presentation was just bizarre. Just a single game and not even a very high profile one at that.

Reactions: CriticalGaming