What have you purchased recently?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Bought and ate some Pringles after a really long time.

The new minimalist logo is hilarious, but also, their chips are fricking tiny now. Like, I feel they're half the size of whaat they used to be. And the taste, wow it was terrible. Their flavored chips don't taste anything like what they used to.

I don't know if it's just my nostalgia, but I was genuinely shocked at how bad they are now.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Oh yes. Those things. I smelled one once by mistake. There are things that man was simply not meant to know.
Oh, you mean man was not meant to know the smell of a dozen port-a-potties burning in a two-week-old mass grave in the Sahara? They should really put that on the label. First smell that's ever given me nightmares...

Reactions: Gordon_4

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

The new minimalist logo is hilarious, but also, their chips are fricking tiny now. Like, I feel they're half the size of whaat they used to be. And the taste, wow it was terrible. Their flavored chips don't taste anything like what they used to.

I don't know if it's just my nostalgia, but I was genuinely shocked at how bad they are now.
I think you may have gotten a bad can. Pringles haven't changed in forever, size nor flavor. Whether you liked them then and not now is one possibility, but the idea THEY'VE changed in the interim is a stretch.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica

I had some pringles a while back and I thought they tasted like cardboard, and were way too thin and brittle.

I don't think they've changed, I think I just got really used to eating kettle cooked style chips and now other chips just taste worse.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think you may have gotten a bad can. Pringles haven't changed in forever, size nor flavor. Whether you liked them then and not now is one possibility, but the idea THEY'VE changed in the interim is a stretch.
Apparently they did change the size, all the way back in 2016. Which honestly kinda lines up, I only really ever used to eat Pringles when I was still in school.

I had some pringles a while back and I thought they tasted like cardboard, and were way too thin and brittle.

I don't think they've changed, I think I just got really used to eating kettle cooked style chips and now other chips just taste worse.
Yeah I can at least admit that the taste is probably my nostalgia, because the regular Pringles taste fine. And we have been eating a plethora of different, fancier chips during the pandemic.

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Oh, you mean man was not meant to know the smell of a dozen port-a-potties burning in a two-week-old mass grave in the Sahara? They should really put that on the label. First smell that's ever given me nightmares...
Well, think of it this way. . . .now you at least have a baseline of what H.P. Lovecraft and company were talking about in their mythos stories when they said the Old Ones and their minions bore an "unbelievably foul odor, like unto a thousand opened graves."

Apparantly, you just need to be reading the right fiction when you're using those things :devilish::sick:

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Bought and been playing Neo: The World Ends With You. That's been fun.
I found Coraline on blu-ray in my local pawn shop, so I snagged it. I also found John Wick on blu-ray on my previous trip, so I guess I'm building my collection a little bit.
Bought some Edifier R2000DB's a few weeks or so back. Lovely sounding speakers, definitely a big upgrade from my 2.1 satellites

Reactions: BrawlMan

blockhead77

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2020

Pringles are still good. Some of the flavors are kinda weird, but the original ones are always a safe pick.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
If you have Xbox Gold, for about $7, Mortal Kombat XL. Course, now that I bought it, it will be a Games for Gold within 3 months. 1st world problems.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
A hobbying drill, a bunch of drill bits, pins and a case for Warcaster NeoMechanika. 'Cos apparently, I don't have any self-control when it comes to small-time miniatures games. -_-'

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
A Borderlands 3 figure of Zane for my girlfriend to go with her Amara since they are her 2 mains.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Bought some junk food for the first time in a year and a half. Just some fries and assorted meat snacks from our favorite local fritkot. I didn't enjoy it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Bought some junk food for the first time in a year and a half. Just some fries and assorted meat snacks from our favorite local fritkot. I didn't enjoy it.
Had to look up "fritkot," it's a thing.

Question is, as @BrawlMan so eloquently put it: why did you buy it to not enjoy it? I've had some bad fast food in my time, but how'd you manage to go a year and a half to get the craving and not enjoy it?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Pringles have waaaaay too much salt on.
Huh? Save for the chips that flaunt their "low-sodium" healthiness, Pringles have got to be one of the least offensive chips (sorry, "crisps") on the market in terms of salt.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Huh? Save for the chips that flaunt their "low-sodium" healthiness, Pringles have got to be one of the least offensive chips (sorry, "crisps") on the market in terms of salt.
Maybe it's just the flavour dust they put on them, but I wake up in the night after a tube of Pringles and it's like I've eaten the Sahara Desert. A single tube of Pringles (which I appreciate you probably aren't supposed to eat on your own in a single sitting, but, you know, pop/can't stop) is 60% of the recommended salt intake (apart from disgusting salt and vinegar flavour, which is higher for obvious reasons).

Edit: I thought it would be higher than 60%. LIke, 160%.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
@BrawlMan , @Xprimentyl

It's not that the fast food was bad, it was the same as it's always been. But it doesn't suit my palate anymore. Too greasy and salty, to the point it almost nauseated me. I've spent the last year and a half on a bit of a health binge, quit smoking, virtually cut alcohol, regular exercise, and of course changing up my diet, you know, high protein, low carb, low sodium, watch the fats. Been great btw, I'm in pretty good shape now and feeling the best I've felt since I was a teenager, more confident because of it, and all the side bennies that come with that. But I felt like treating myself with some junk. You know, cheat day.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Maybe it's just the flavour dust they put on them, but I wake up in the night after a tube of Pringles and it's like I've eaten the Sahara Desert. A single tube of Pringles (which I appreciate you probably aren't supposed to eat on your own in a single sitting, but, you know, pop/can't stop) is 60% of the recommended salt intake (apart from disgusting salt and vinegar flavour, which is higher for obvious reasons).

Edit: I thought it would be higher than 60%. LIke, 160%.
Lol, yeah, I don't think an entire tube is meant to be consumed by a single person in a single session (though it can be done, *guilty*.) But in proper moderation, they are far less salty than say Ruffles and their famed ridges which harbor salt and oil galore between each of their crests and troughs. Just typing that sentence gave me hypertension, and your cholesterol went up for reading it.

@BrawlMan , @Xprimentyl

It's not that the fast food was bad, it was the same as it's always been. But it doesn't suit my palate anymore. Too greasy and salty, to the point it almost nauseated me. I've spent the last year and a half on a bit of a health binge, quit smoking, virtually cut alcohol, regular exercise, and of course changing up my diet, you know, high protein, low carb, low sodium, watch the fats. Been great btw, I'm in pretty good shape now and feeling the best I've felt since I was a teenager, more confident because of it, and all the side bennies that come with that. But I felt like treating myself with some junk. You know, cheat day.
Cheat days are meant to be delicious, hedonistic celebrations of your otherwise discipline! Congrats on adhering to a healthier lifestyle, but the day you can't enjoy some good old fashioned garbage food for the hell of it, you've ceased to live! I once ate an entire Papa Johns medium-sized pizza by myself. Peperoni, pineapple, onion and I was very drunk. Did I regret it? Yes, for various reasons including the obvious gastrointestinal ones. Was it delicious? Absolutely. I wanna say I cried; to quote Jodie Foster: "They should have sent a poet." When the low points and high points of your life collide, you're livin'! Granted, not for much longer, but you ARE livin'!

Reactions: Baffle

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Cheat days are meant to be delicious, hedonistic celebrations of your otherwise discipline! Congrats on adhering to a healthier lifestyle, but the day you can't enjoy some good old fashioned garbage food for the hell of it, you've ceased to live! I once ate an entire Papa Johns medium-sized pizza by myself. Peperoni, pineapple, onion and I was very drunk. Did I regret it? Yes, for various reasons including the obvious gastrointestinal ones. Was it delicious? Absolutely. I wanna say I cried; to quote Jodie Foster: "They should have sent a poet." When the low points and high points of your life collide, you're livin'! Granted, not for much longer, but you ARE livin'!
If it makes you feel better, I'd like a pizza next week or somesuch. From an actual pizzeria tho, not some chain Pizza Hut or Domino's garbage. Or maybe a doner kebab.