Share some things that make you smile!

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

A group of coronavirus vaccine protesters attempted to storm the offices of British public broadcaster BBC on Monday. But they had one big problem: the wrong address.
Instead of targeting the BBC’s news operations, which some activists have blamed for helping promote coronavirus vaccines, they charged toward a former BBC building in west London that now houses upscale apartments, restaurants and studios used by another British media company to produce daytime talk shows.

“Not sure what protesters were hoping to achieve, but all they would’ve found was me, Jane, Nadia and Penny on @loosewomen talking about the menopause,” tweeted Charlene White, a host on the ITV show “Loose Women,” which was live on air when protesters attempted to enter the building.
2021-08-09-19-04-26.jpg

2021-08-10-14-31-16.jpg

unconvinced.gif

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Not only do I recognize that, I used to own one. And that's....that's not a cassette player. It's a VHS storage box. Cassette player? Seriously it has zero mechanical parts. That thing was UNDER our VHS/Cassette players.
I thought it was an audio cassette tape drawer. They look too small to take full sized VHS tapes.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I thought it was an audio cassette tape drawer. They look too small to take full sized VHS tapes.
The drawers appear to be the size of the guys hand, when he opens the drawer and gestures in. So I'm assuming it's a VHS version of that container. I could be wrong, the depth and proportions on that video do make it hard.

Ok, after rewatching it, and actually looking at my own hand for perspective, I guess it is the cassette version? I could've sworn they made a VHS equivalent, and my dad had one of those too. But my memory of my childhood is fuzzy at best. Regardless, we definitely owned that thing.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm sitting here speaking English with a basic grasp on remedial Spanish (at best.) Meanwhile, Gotham's Victor Zsasz is out there speaking a dead language to hold a simultaneous conversation with 3 people in 3 different languages. Oh, and there's some asshole in Holland who speaks 21 languages who happened to run into another asshole who speaks 21 languages. Fascinating...

davidmc1158

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Who is the "hot cougar" in that video? She looks familiar but I can't place her with the lighting and fast editing
All I could find is that her name is Joey House and that she did a handful of acting bits in the 1990s and early 2000s. Apparently, she looked enough like Tawny Kitaen that they used her for the video to make fun of the Whitesnake video. Beyond that, got nuthin'.