Funny events in anti-woke world

AnxietyProne

Elite Member
Jul 13, 2021
Country
United States
I have finally found something that pisses off the free market, US government, and Chinese government simultaneously, I am going to join the lying down movement. Take that Jeff Bezos, and Joe Biden, and the Republican party, and of course the CCP.

Positives include not doing anything, helping climate change by living frugality, not having a child thus helping with climate change, and not boosting capitalism. Plus for you liberals out there, the US can just immigrate skilled workers to the US as they do with Indian tech workers, there's not enough supply for analyst jobs anyways.

It's already working I have not bought full-priced video games for weeks, and 99% of my consumption is online anyways. It's a mostly humble bundle, and Patreon, and a few streaming shows. And I am thinking about getting rid of some of those as well

Can't do a free market as well if people are lazy.

Of course, I will still vote in the primaries, midterms, and general elections, but not in the local elections lol.

Sorry. I'm an adult and I actually have bills to pay.

Reactions: Hawki and BrawlMan

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I have finally found something that pisses off the free market, US government, and Chinese government simultaneously, I am going to join the lying down movement. Take that Jeff Bezos, and Joe Biden, and the Republican party, and of course the CCP.

Positives include not doing anything, helping climate change by living frugality, not having a child thus helping with climate change, and not boosting capitalism. Plus for you liberals out there, the US can just immigrate skilled workers to the US as they do with Indian tech workers, there's not enough supply for analyst jobs anyways.

It's already working I have not bought full-priced video games for weeks, and 99% of my consumption is online anyways. It's a mostly humble bundle, and Patreon, and a few streaming shows. And I am thinking about getting rid of some of those as well

Of course, I will still vote in the primaries, midterms, and general elections, but not in the local elections lol.

This is sarcasm, right? Bravo at putting it together. Even on my best day, I don't think I could have created a post that better encapsulates short-term-useless, long-term-counter-productive left-wing slacktivism.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Nice apologetics, now explain away the pizza place that got loads of conservative sympathy bux because they said they would never cater a gay wedding (never mind that they were never asked to.).
Isn't that the Pizza place people were threatening to burn down?
Still a damn stupid thing for them to say to begin with though.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA

In other words, you have reached a stage where you're unable to handle the frustrations of realpolitik and are giving up without actually admitting it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Sorry. I'm an adult and I actually have bills to pay.
Oh, I will still get a job, but it will be a job I enjoy like at a bookstore, or a low-intensity office job, or even a fast-food place that pays 15 an hour(those exist in my area). I will buy less shit I don't need, and I will aggregate my consumption. Instead of getting a gaming PC, PS6, and a laptop, I will get a small gaming laptop since those last longer. Instead of getting books, I don't read I will read the ones I already have unless I am willing to read a book that I will buy, same with video games.

I knew some guy who was really smart who is a logger. I should do the same thing but follow my own small dreams.

I still have a college degree, and Microsoft office, and stata skills so I won't go homeless.

But the main point is that I buy less from Amazon, Home Depot, and Walmart.

Also, there's nothing delusional about this, I am not expecting people to do what I do in large numbers.

Last edited:

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
In other words, you have reached a stage where you're unable to handle the frustrations of realpolitik and are giving up without actually admitting it.
Does that necessarily track? I mean I wasn't aware that there was any kinda political motive behind it but that's generally how I've lived my whole adult life. I'm in my 30's and a barista, including tips I earn about as much as my college graduate friends and when you consider how much time they spend dealing with calls and emails outside of their working hours my per hour rate is higher and I don't bring any work stress home with me because my ability to serve someone a flat white is very much location dependant. I chose my job because of how little it affects my actual life. I don't really buy things apart from books. Most of my clothes come from charity shops. Apart from obvious things like rent and power my largest single bill is my gym membership, which is a co-op and the oldest gym in the country so I'm happy to pay it.

But also I'm pretty active in local political groups.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I can. If you're giving up, just fucking say so. Don't pretend to be on the vanguard of some slacktivist revolution.
I am still going to organize with the DSA, but I will buy less from predatory companies, and bad small businesses.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I generally live by the tenets of Work to Rule
I will give exactly as much consideration to a business as that business gives to me and mine
I will give exactly as much consideration to politics as politics give to me and mine
"Loyalty" is voluntary blindness

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I am starting to regret a tweet I send about California Governor Gavin Newsom. I told my followers to not vote no on the first option for the recall in response to Senator Warren, and it got viewed over 900 times...

Basically here's how California's recall rules work. You vote on a ballot with two sets of options. One is whether you want to recall or not the current governor, the second is which candidate you want to replace said governor with. Two things come in mine. One is that the current governor of California can't be on the second set of options, and two is that both sets of options must occur on the same day.

You idiots in the democratic party leadership didn't think to change these rules after the Governator won, and voided every undocumented immigrant's license. When Republicans in multiple states were faced with progressive ballot initiatives they simply outlawed it, but the Democrats can't even play hardball on this very simple issue. How are the Democrats at a disadvantage in fucking California?

Oh, and Larry Elder the leading republican candidate on the second set of ballots is a politically trash human being.

Edit: if you live in California, I hope you do your own research and vote for your interests.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Nooo, not our best boy Zachary! He was doing so well at blending in with the right-wing conspiracy events without getting labeled and ejected as an "antifa spy" 😔

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Things are not going well for the fascists among us

Which, considering they've been roaming around invading schools and assaulting people on their shit lists, I hope it happens more often

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Tiny was trying to follow the leader. Unfortunately he missed.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Things are not going well for the fascists among us
I'll believe that he shot himself. These idiots fetishize guns so much that they don't bother learning how dangerous they are- I wouldn't be surprised if he had a round chambered and the safety off, just in case one of those "Antifa thugs" showed up.

"He started suffering social consequences for his hatred"

THAT'S ILLEGAL! It's a violation of my rights for my speech to have any consequences except fame and fortune!
(Also, he was running his operation from his mother's summer home? Ha, what a mama's boy.)