First game you remember playing?

FizzyElf

Aug 26, 2021
Country
Sverige
So far i can remember i played Half-Life for the first time i ever touched a mouse and keyboard!

What about you? :)
If this already is a topic im sorry you can remove it 🙏

Reactions: gorfias

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
If we're discussing 'proper' games, it would be Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Master System.

Before that, sure I played basic computer games on the family's PC at the time, but we're talking really basic - like, "add numbers together and win" sort of thing. If they were named, I can't remember them.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Not entirely sure, but it was either Pong or Combat on a friend's Atari 2600.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I think it was Golden Axe on an arcade cab at a supermarket.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I can't remember what game it was, but it was something on my neighbours Amstrad computer. Very vague answer I know, but it was over 35 years ago.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Something on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

The first game that I can remember was Gunstar Heroes

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Damn, think it might've actually been the original Doom on the only classroom PC in an old village primary school. Could've also been Lemmings, as they were both on there and the only way they could be played was by arriving too early in the morning. An unexpected remembrance.

The next time was Aliens or Mario on the SNES console at parents friends house. Did not get to own any of the cool stuff though, especially not a PC.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Some Arcade game called Ninja Combat which wasn't great, it was at the grocery store which was near the house I lived in when I was 5.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
That I remember playing AND the name of?

Jill of the Jungle or Commander Keen

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I do remember playing some sort of WW2 bomber game on a friend's Sinclair Spectrum. There are probably earlier ones but I don't recall enough to be sure.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Probably something like Pitfall, Frogger, Pole Position or Montezuma’s Revenge. All those pre-Nintendo classics played with an actual joystick.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Daycare I was at had a Ms Pac-Man and a Golden Axe-esc arcade machine. After that it was an Atari 2600, either Combat, Adventure, for a missile command knockoff. I seem to remember an Atlantis themed one

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Probably Karateka on the Atari 2600. That's the one that sticks out that I can name.

Also Starflight that I played on my dad's PC. They are probably my earliest gaming memories. There's probably others from the arcade Aladin's Castle that I spent years of my life in, but...I can't really give you a timeline of when that was in relation to anything else, or the various games off the top of my head. That time is all a really blurry just, foggy "dawn of time" for my memory. Few things are signature enough to stick out, especially in relation to anything else as far as chronology.