Freebie Info - Nioh & Sheltered [FINISHED]

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today, for you:

Nioh & Sheltered

Nioh & Sheltered will be free at Epic Games Store until September 16th at 5PM (your local time). As always, you can get the game through the link above, or straight from the Epic Games launcher. Either way, the game will be added directly to your Epic Games library. Keep in mind having 2FA active on your account is mandatory to nab giveaways on the Epic Games Store.
Ready to die? Experience a brutal action game from Team NINJA and Koei Tecmo Games. In the age of samurai, a lone traveler must fight his way through the vicious warriors and supernatural Yokai that infest the land in order to find that which he seeks.
Panting, scared, the shelter airlock smashes down behind you. You wish you did not have to go outside, but you do. It would be easier to give up. But you don’t. The hardship, the hunger, the thirst. The fear. You keep reminding yourself why you stay alive. Why you do this. Then you hear it. “Daddy you’re back.” You wife’s face lights up and you open a bag full of medical supplies. You need not tell her how you got them. You simply enjoy your small victory in this, the harshest of times.
Sheltered is a post-apocalyptic disaster management game that gives a whole new meaning to the term “nuclear family”. Given a head-start over the billions lost in a nuclear holocaust, you must gather as many supplies as possible en route to the concrete underground shelter that will soon become your family home for the foreseeable dreary future..
Have a look if interested, and enjoy.

Next week's freebie(s) at the Epic Game Store will be Speed Brawl & Tharsis starting September 16th.

Last edited:

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
If you haven't played Nioh yet, DO IT!
I tried it when offered by PS+. I recall it being "Dark Souls" hard and... I need easy games. Still, downloading it to try the PC version.
Was there more than the difficulty you hated?
Still, another major release for free from Epic. Terrific for us. Odd business model!

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, I mean, if Nioh is free, I guess I have no excuse not to grab it now. I may even try it someday.

That's not so much a dig against Nioh, it's a lament of my awful fuckin backlog I'm powerless to control without access to a time machine.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Well, I mean, if Nioh is free, I guess I have no excuse not to grab it now. I may even try it someday.

That's not so much a dig against Nioh, it's a lament of my awful fuckin backlog I'm powerless to control without access to a time machine.
I mean that's the great thing about freebies. At absolute worst, you get your money's worth out of them.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
I mean that's the great thing about freebies. At absolute worst, you get your money's worth out of them.
Hey, My standards of what I consider acceptable are somewhat lower when something is free.

If someone offers me a free pizza, I'll probably eat it even if it's the cheapest of the store brand frozen types.(you know, assuming it's not disgusting or rotten or something).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

If it makes you feel better, I am not getting Nioh either. I got games on my backlog too.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
If it makes you feel better, I am not getting Nioh either. I got games on my backlog too.
I'm sure it'll be "Oh, Nioh. I'll grab it"

Then I notice Ashen, Salt and Sanctuary and Demons Souls giving me dirty looks with Eldin Ring waltzing in the door with a baseball bat in his hand.