Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean, she did that as she was complaining about the private clinic not sending somebody to her hotel to test her.

The arrogance is mind boggling
Oh, a lot of these people are entitled as fuck. They just like to pretend they aren't because that's the way liberals are and they aren't liberals, so they're good.
Whatever bad fate happen to fall upon them, by their own hand or something else, I will never cry nor show any sympathy for assholes like them. I'd sooner cry for fictional assassins and zombies (which I have in some cases), than any of these fuck nuts.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Whatever bad fate happen to fall upon them, by their own hand or something else, I will never cry nor show any sympathy for assholes like them. I'd sooner cry for fictional assassins and zombies (which I have in some cases), than any of these fuck nuts.
You're not the only one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
You're not the only one.

Remember this?

It's all about hurting those people. The ones who "ain't real 'Murricans, like me and mine!". Problem is, to the Republican party, anyone who isn't in the 1% "ain't real 'Murricans".

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Remember this?

It's all about hurting those people. The ones who "ain't real 'Murricans, like me and mine!". Problem is, to the Republican party, anyone who isn't in the 1% "ain't real 'Murricans".
That's the rub, isn't it? Donald Trump hurts the people who trusts him the most because they're easier to swindle. And yet people keep falling for it, because the grifter who grifted everyone else certainly won't grift THEM!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

A drunken meth-accelerated clown show is more dignified and classy than this.
I've still got a standing bet on chugging laxatives becoming the new IN thing.

They won't even have to announce it. We'll be able to smell it.

More seriously, if these people put half as much effort into:
-Social DIstancing
-Wearing a Mask
-Getting the Vaccine

as they do screaming about all of the above and looking for wierd alternate treatments for COVID, this pandemic wouldn't be nearly as bad as it has been.

Last edited:

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You just ignored the history of them working.
Nope, there is no history of them working, and you never posted history of them working just said people masked and cases went down, then no masks and cases went up with no source whatsoever.

No, I'm totally for people taking vitamin D: just not stupid levels of vitamin D far above recommendations. This is in fact completely consistent: wear a mask as a reasonable precaution, take vitamin D as a reasonable precaution.

You however are completely unbalanced in your opinion. You think everyone should be taking an order of magnitude more than the RDA of vitamin D as a precaution. Well, as a logically consistent precaution in the realm of masks, you should be recommending everyone goes around everywhere in an N95 respirator or better. In fact the opposite is true: you are cavalier and dismissive of masks. Thus you are trying to argue massive precautions in one and very few precautions in the other. Unbalanced, illogical, unscientific garbage.

No, we really don't know that better than 12.5 ng/ml improves covid outcomes. If you think that, it merely means you've either taken the opinion of someone with an unsound scientific opinion or you've flubbed reading scientific papers yourself. Your understanding of the evidence base for vitamin D generally is just garbage. You know basically fuck all.
I'm not for taking stupid levels of vitamin d, the recommended levels are a joke. Fauci takes 6,000 IUs a day, I guess he's stupid then. A kids study from 2008 already said kids need 2,000 IUs a day not a measly 200. And vitamin d is not nearly as toxic as you claim it is, you can take tons of it (10,000 - 20,000 a day and well over that) and there is no harm. Someone that doesn't do anything outdoors for the most part can take 5,000 daily and nothing bad will happen. People with low vitamin d are prescribed 10,000 a day or 50,000 a week, I guess doctors are killing people with these prescriptions in your world. Anyone can go to their doctor and get their levels checked and go by their prescription if your levels are low. Most people are probably gonna need at least like 2,000 a day assuming they have some deficiency and especially at least that much in the winter. You might as well take a bit more than you think you need to hit the right level because going over it literally does no harm nor does it cost you any more money as it's not like 5,000 supplement costs more than a 2,000 supplement. I'm not saying the higher the level you have the more healthy you'll be, just that there's no reason not to take a bit more just to make sure you get to that level is all as there's harm in not getting there while there's no harm in going over. And the money you spend going to the doctor (at least in the US) to get your level just right is money you don't really need to waste as you can just take a bit more than you need and save your money, and just maybe having that slightly higher level we find out does help in something else 10 years from now.

Vitamin d should be pushed at least as much as masks and it's not pushed at all.

It is not my problem that you don't understand science and don't want to listen.
Where's the science that says covid spreads outside? Nowhere to be found, we knew this last March already. Just like we know it doesn't spread from surface contacts either. It's not that it's impossible to get it from being outside or touching things, it's just very very very very unlikely. Why would anyone worry about such very rare risks? All these football stadiums were sold out and packed on opening week, I guess a 5th wave is about to happen then...

It is not my problem that you don't understand the use of figurative examples to explain the real world.
Why am I going to protect myself from something that rarely happens? I'm not with anyone for those time periods that a mask would help (according to Michael Osterholm). Like why am I gonna worry about someone cough or sneezing on me, that might happen like once a year where I walk by someone and they didn't realize it and cough/sneeze on me because they didn't know I was there. I can't even remember the last time I got coughed on or sneezed on so why would I care about it?

Let me reconstruct that for all the useful informational content that it is worth: "Blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah."
It's just data doesn't aligned with your confirmation bias so you don't like it.

I've supplied reasonable papers for the purpose. That you're just too fucking inept at scientific analysis to understand what's going on is your problem.

You are literally everything that is worst about amateurs in science. No clue what you are doing, no honesty, no neutrality, and hopelessly arrogant and over-confident. Despite me telling you time and time again that the important thing is an overall grasp of the wider literature and not to over-rely on individual studies, you still fail to properly review the literature, and whine and moan and expect some sort of "super-study" that's going to be the final word. I'm giving you fair, representative studies of the side of science you are trying to ignore, and what you're doing is complaining they aren't the "super-study" that is the only thing that will apparently satisfy you, despite the fact that your entire belief is based on a load of studies that are at best no better than mine and at worst utter drivel, which you lack the honesty or scientific skill to recognise.

So don't you fucking dare call any paper I put in here bullshit, because at least I've put in basic quality checks - far exceeding anything you ever have whilst you've been plaguing thread after thread on covid with trash.
That HCQ paper you posted was bullshit. Also, the mortality HCQ paper you posted which includes giving it to people who shouldn't get is the definition of misinformation. Yeah, if you give tylenol to people who are allergic, you can make a paper saying tylenol is dangerous too. And you REALLY looked over that Bangladesh study didn't you?

You're the one complaining about no "super-study". You say a drug is bad when there isn't enough data to prove it's bad. If you said we don't know, but you don't.

And where's the source of the data you posted? I couldn't even find it when searching in quotes for the couple of lines that were there.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So I'm curious about the forum's general position on the Vaccine-Mandates.

Are ya'll willing to have the government enforce people to get the vaccine in order to keep their jobs? Or you think that's a bit too far?

And at what point does it stop? Are we doomed forever to then have government mandated boosters? All for a virus that is very limiting in whom it is particularly dangerous for?

And then what's to say another government funded virus doesn't appear out of nowhere once the Covid panic fades?

I'm just curious. I'm vaccinated because the hospital made me do it to get my surgery, otherwise I would not have done it. And frankly if anyone doesn't want a vaccine that's their choice and if they get fucked by the Rona, that's the consequence of that choice. Especially with more and more information coming out that the vaccine aint as great as they said it was, because of course it wouldn't be. A normal vaccine takes years and years to perfect and even then they don't always work, how can a vaccine worked on for less than a year have any sort of lasting effect? Let alone have any side effects reasonably tested and understood?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'd expect a lawyer to know that lawyers don't press charges- police do. And if he thinks the cops are going to come arrest anyone for this, he's delusional.

Yeah, Phoenix is nothing but an expert on bull crap. He acts like he has the answers everything, when he don't know jack shit. That's exactly why I have him on ignore.
Ditto. He has nothing to say worth listening to.

And frankly if anyone doesn't want a vaccine that's their choice and if they get fucked by the Rona, that's the consequence of that choice.

Your "choice" killed this man. Your "choice" does not get to kill other people. Everyone who believes in your "choice" can get fucked.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
I've still got a standing bet on chugging laxatives becoming the new IN thing.

They won't even have to announce it. We'll be able to smell it.

More seriously, if these people put half as much effort into:
-Social DIstancing
-Wearing a Mask
-Getting the Vaccine

as they do screaming about all of the above and looking for wierd alternate treatments for COVID, this pandemic wouldn't be nearly as bad as it has been.
Laxative is relatively wholesome compared to stuff like bleach and piss enemas people have been convinced to experiment with on themselves (and their children, in bleach's case anyway, not aware of kids being subjected to the other one so far). It'll be worse, somehow these humans will find a way.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
So I'm curious about the forum's general position on the Vaccine-Mandates.
I can only speak for myself. Very much in favor.
And frankly if anyone doesn't want a vaccine that's their choice and if they get fucked by the Rona, that's the consequence of that choice.
See, the problem I have with this line of thinking is that it doesn't just result in consequences for the unvaccinated. Hospitals are having their capacity to render basic care stretched further and further because of all the unvaccinated taking up beds.
So my body, not my choice?
No. I never accepted that argument when it was for the other topic. Why would I accept it here? Get the shot, it's not just about you.
I'd expect a lawyer to know that lawyers don't press charges- police do. And if he thinks the cops are going to come arrest anyone for this, he's delusional.
He knows that. But he's banking on the fact that his audience doesn't.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
No. I never accepted that argument when it was for the other topic. Why would I accept it here? Get the shot, it's not just about you.
But reports have stated that vaccinated people are still getting Rona and still passing it to other people. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the vaccine doesn't it? As there are many people who are immuno-compromised that can't get the vaccine at all.

It's false protection, especially if the idea of vaccine boosters are going to be needed. Which implies that after a certain period of time (which can depend wildly depending on the person) the vaccine is no longer effective or doing anything for you or anyone else. If that is the case, then how can you possibly regulate that? How can you tell, especially on a vaccine with such limited testing and one that has no proof that a booster does anything?

The idea that people are now killing others by not getting vaccinated is like saying smoking is killing people because of drunk driving. They are separate things entirely and don't equate. Cardiac arrest is serious, and even if a bed is available because everyone is immune to Rona thanks to the shot, doesn't mean that the person would live.

Also if we are so keen to protect other people with a simple shot, why are people so mad at an abortion ban? Is a growing fetus not ultimately a people?

It just seems to be very power grabby to me. And I'm not really in favor of the government exhibiting more control over our lives. If individual employers want to insist on a vaccine, fine. I don't mind the mandate coming from the private sector, I just don't want the power to enforce such an order given to the government.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Yes, because the flu vaccine doesn't stop everybody from getting the flu, it's false protection and not actually useful. It's not like our lax, fucked up response and capitalistic hoarding of vaccine patents had anything to do with the rise of variants that yeh vaccine is less effective against

Last edited:
Reactions: MrCalavera