• Dark Souls 2

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Dark Souls 3

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

• Armored Core (series) in general since there’s like 15 of them? State specific entry below

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • King’s Field (series) state specific entry below

• Echo Night (series) state specific entry below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (maxed out poll, please state specific entry below)

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Really? I remember doing a poll thread a couple of times and allowing to edit it. They must have changed it. Oh well.
Can edit post only, but unless I’m missing something there is no edit polls option.

*edit* Ok my dumbass wasn’t even looking in the right place lol. Will hop to it shortly.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Can edit post only, but unless I’m missing something there is no edit polls option.

*edit* Ok my dumbass wasn’t even looking in the right place lol. Will hop to it shortly.
Could have just changed the title to best Miyazaki game. Since everyone wants to be cute and name games you clearly werent talking about.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bloodborne. Incredibly satisfying combat, beautiful visual & atmospheric design, heaps of secrets & optional areas/ bosses, top-tier DLC. Bloodborne is still one of my proudest Platinum trophies on PS.

My hype for Elden Ring (as a huge fan of both Miyazaki and G. R. R. Martin) is unreal.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Bloodborne. Incredibly satisfying combat, beautiful visual & atmospheric design, heaps of secrets & optional areas/ bosses, top-tier DLC. Bloodborne is still one of my proudest Platinum trophies on PS.

My hype for Elden Ring (as a huge fan of both Miyazaki and G. R. R. Martin) is unreal.
Bloodborne was my first platinum and easily the one I'm the most happy about.

Reactions: Silvanus

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

I had fun Platinum’ing Bloodborne. I even didn’t mind stalking the chalice dungeons, as they are still one hell of a set of maps to farm gems in. It’s probably FROM’s best made game (and perhaps not coincidentally Miyazaki’s personal favorite). If Sony isn’t planning a sequel then I guess us gamers will need to start a petition for one. Or hell, how about a new gen update like so many other exclusives are getting, along with a PC release for starters.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Sekiro, I've played a lot of games in which I feel ninjalike but none of them were as successful as it was. Also it brings back my first introduction to the devs which was through Tenchu so it feels like they've come full circle and honored their roots.

Also a little known xbox series that I loved was the Otogi games, it played like a story based musou/action game mix but it was just really cool and flashy and over the top, and one of the few games back in the original xbox era to have jp voices in the western release.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Could have just changed the title to best Miyazaki game. Since everyone wants to be cute and name games you clearly werent talking about.
I mean to be fair a lot of the people in this forum are old or hipsters or old hipsters, so really it was to be expected.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Could've changed it to "best souls-borne" in the case of the original poll's content if you wanna take that angle. When you bring an entire developer/publisher into the discussion, ya kinda gotta acknowledge the rest of their catalogue to some degree, otherwise a genre specific poll works better.
Although, with the original poll being all souls-borne stuff (on top of Hanselthecaretaker's edit in the original post), it's clear Fromsoft has been doing these games for so long that some don't know their older IP's even existed. Such a damn shame too, cause they've had a pretty great legacy

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean to be fair a lot of the people in this forum are old or hipsters or old hipsters, so really it was to be expected.
I ain't old, nor a hispter. It's called I like what I like. And if I don't like, I don't like it. I know you weren't referring everyone in your post, but just pointing that out there. Now that I think about it, most people on this forum I would not consider hipsters. Not even @Dirty Hipsters. Ironic in the name and all.

Reactions: Elvis Starburst

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well Bloodborn isnt out on steam so I'm going Dark Souls 3. Since its the only one so far that I've replayed like 4 times in a row... and I'm still tempted to go through it again since I did only go through the dlc once.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I remember King's Field being difficult but fair. Dark Souls shits in your mouth and its fans all brag about how much shit their mouths can hold.

Bed of Chaos seems like the most notable offender, but perhaps as some form of consolation they did add checkpoints for each phase of that fight.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I ain't old, nor a hispter. It's called I like what I like. And if I don't like, I don't like it. I know you weren't referring everyone in your post, but just pointing that out there. Now that I think about it, most people on this forum I would not consider hipsters. Not even @Dirty Hipsters. Ironic in the name and all.
IDK about Dirty Hipsters, the ironic username sounds like a very hipster thing to do.

I think I'd probably concede that I'm probably a hipster, I like playing obscure stuff just because it's obscure, but that was meant to be kind off a joke.

Personally I just talked about the old stuff because when I started collecting old videogames it was specifically because I found King's Field The Ancient City dirt cheap and I've found other Fromsoft games for cheap so that's just what I've played, of the newer stuff I've only played Dark Souls 1 which I like, but it didn't feel as mysterious as exploring King's Field IV and the Armored Core games I've got are pretty fun.
IDK I didn't play games for a while so I'm very out of tune with modern games to be honest and when I finally managed to get back to playing it was with retro stuff so I'm just more familiar with that now, I'll probably play the modern Fromsoft stuff eventually since it does seem like I'll enjoy it but I'm not really in a hurry considering I've acquired too many retro games.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
IDK about Dirty Hipsters, the ironic username sounds like a very hipster thing to do.
My user name comes from a translation of a Romanian freestyle folk rap from 1982. You've probably never heard of it and are too low-brow to understand it anyway.