Fall is here! What games coming out(or recently came out) are you interested in?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So aside from the upcoming Clusterfuck that Feb 2022 is gonna be, a lot of games are coming out soon or recently have. What games are you looking to get/play or already have?

My list:

-Unmetal. Comes out in about a week, it's basically Metal Gear but with the names changed JUST ENOUGH to avoid risking a lawsuit. More importantly, it looks like a much improved interpretation of the MSX Metal Gear games which I feel is really nice because those games don't get enough love or recognition(Well, MG2 doesn't, because it's hard to play without having the PS3 collection).

-Tails of Iron. It's Dark Souls but 2d classical looking animation and it's a kingdom of medieval rats being overrun by evil frogs. I don't know why but for some reason that intrigues me.

-Pyschonauts 2. Basically, I loved the original game for it's quirky humor and creative levels and such so since Pyschonauts 2 is much the same but more, yeah I'm gonna pick it up.

-Eastward. Think Earthbound and Studio Ghibli Inspirations in an action adventure and yeah, that's this game. Apparently it's a little slow and there's a bit of padding but that still gets my attention.

-GameDec. Ok, apparently it's a bit rough around the edges but it's a Detective RPG about solving crimes in immersive video games of the future that's more about puzzles and talking then combat, so I'm intrigued. Apparently it's fine as long as your not expecting it to be as well written as Disco Elysium(which is the closest comparison a lot of reviews have been making).

-DeltaRune Chapter 2. Damnit Toby Fox, as if I didn't have enough catching my attention right now you gotta drop this in our laps. I'm not done with it but if you liked Undertale and/or Deltarune chapter 1, yeah, you'll probably like this as well(I fought a homeless insurance salesman in an alley on the way to hit a traffic signal and it was one of the weirdest and most awesome things I've seen in a video game).

-Metriod Dread. It's a New Metriod game and the first proper sequel in a decade or so. But now I feel like I need to go replay some of the earlier ones like Fusion and AMR2/Metriod 2: Samus Returns.

-Oh, and now there's a New 2d Castlevania collection out, because of course there is. And it's the GBA games as well, so yeah, I feel compelled to check it out.

Ok, what do you guys got?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Fall? What is this Fall you speak of? It's spring here. :p

Anyway, Metroid Dread, in that for the period, it's the one game I've set aside money for.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Fall? What is this Fall you speak of? It's spring here. :p

Anyway, Metroid Dread, in that for the period, it's the one game I've set aside money for.
Fair enough. I briefly forgot it was Spring in the Southern Hemisphere(I blame the Pumpkin Spice in the air).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
  • No More Heroes 3 I've enjoyed and got most of my enjoyment.
  • Cruis'n Blast is one of the best arcade racers right now. Almost up there with FAST RMX.
  • I might get the Nintendo Online just to play Sin and Punishment. Hopefully, they can port the sequel on Switch.
  • Sifu I plan on getting when it comes out in 2022.
  • Age of Calamity - Wave 2 I am getting as well.
  • and of course, Bayonetta 3!

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
I was looking forward to the Blood Bowl 3 early access, but that just got delayed (unsurprisingly, considering how many problems the beta had).

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Psychonauts 2, obviously, but also Rift Breaker, The Last Stand Aftermath, Hollow Knight Silksong (hopefully) and Freedom Planet 2 (hopefully)

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I’m still playing my backlog, but about to head back into The Witcher 3 and also finish up my MGSV trophy run to switch it up now and then. Both games were released in 2015 so that’s kinda why I’ll focus mostly on them together for now.

As an aside I’ve been meaning to finish TW3 since I built my PC nearly four years ago. My goal is to finish it before the end of the year, since that would be about as long as the original game took me as well.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Sifu I plan on getting when it comes out in 2022.
I really am looking forward to this game. I hope they change the punching sounds to not sound like he is punching a blanket. But otherwise this looks like the coolest game off your list imo.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
If I was actually buying any new games this year I’d probably start here -

Never got a chance to beat the original SNES release as a kid since the copy I rented one summer lost its battery save about half way through and I was too disappointed to try again. Now, decades later and with modern saving technology I’d be more than willing to give it another go.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If I was actually buying any new games this year I’d probably start here -
I saw that and I loved the original game, but, I have concerns. I'm not much of a fan of the 3d render graphics style they used. I find it flat and lacking personality, the art is good, but the gameplay graphics are... flat. I also have some... worries about the gameplay, the side scrolling looks fine, I guess, the overworld... I don't know, from the vid it makes me think of a tower defense, which could work, but... I don't know. I have my eye on it, but I want more info.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Only ones I'll be getting for sure this fall are Metroid Dread and Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania. There's a bunch of other games I'm keeping an eye out for, but those are all "wait for sale", whenever that may be.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
All the ones i was interested in this fall already came out :

Pathfinder : Wrath of the Rigtheous
Encased
Kings Bounty II

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
That one also intrigues me but I feel like I should play Kingmaker first.
Well kingmaker is a lot cheaper now but it has a really annoying time mechanic where you're constantly on the clock which I don't think Wrath of the Righteous has. But It's also apparently quite buggy at the moment and balance is apparently shit.

Be aware that pathfinder is pretty hardcore as far as pen and paper system, with a shitton of classes/subclass, skills and various pieces of equipment and the transition from tabletop to computer game was not executed all that well. Although they wisely realize that translating a turn base system to a real time system was a bonker decision and patched in a turn based version of the game, this was very much duct taped on and not everything works that well with it, which I'm hoping they improved on with Wrath of the Righteous.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Well kingmaker is a lot cheaper now but it has a really annoying time mechanic where you're constantly on the clock which I don't think Wrath of the Righteous has. But It's also apparently quite buggy at the moment and balance is apparently shit.

Be aware that pathfinder is pretty hardcore as far as pen and paper system, with a shitton of classes/subclass, skills and various pieces of equipment and the transition from tabletop to computer game was not executed all that well. Although they wisely realize that translating a turn base system to a real time system was a bonker decision and patched in a turn based version of the game, this was very much duct taped on and not everything works that well with it, which I'm hoping they improved on with Wrath of the Righteous.
Part of the reason is that I already own PF:KM so if I play that and like it, I suspect I'd like WotR as well. The question being that I have to commit however long it is to dig into a game like that to really learn how it works, because as you said, it's apparently quite complex. I heard one review put it "It's so deep, we're pretty sure there are whales down there".

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Part of the reason is that I already own PF:KM so if I play that and like it, I suspect I'd like WotR as well. The question being that I have to commit however long it is to dig into a game like that to really learn how it works, because as you said, it's apparently quite complex. I heard one review put it "It's so deep, we're pretty sure there are whales down there".
If you don't play on higher difficulty you can just pick one class and stick with it and all the class are somewhat decent, but I think the game won't be that interesting since the real fun of pathfinder is that you can level up with any class and a lot of class have nice little goodies that you want to pick up, for example picking just one level in monk lets you add your wisdom score to defense which is quite a nice bonus for any class. What you can do is go in the system file and set your caracter to max level right away so you can mess around with leveling the class before you decide, but even then some item are keys to making certain spec works and if you don't know they exist ahead of time.

Plus its an RPG main quest is at least 40 hours long and thats skipping quite a lot of stuff.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
A lot of people are talking about Psychonauts 2 and I think I'm interested as well. I enjoyed parts of the first a lot, other parts not so much, so I'm not really sure how the sequel will go for me but maybe later on.

I'm playing Diablo 2: The Quest for More Money as we speak which has really brought back fun memories from growing up and I'll probably keep going on that for a while.

And next on the list is Sable, which is an open world game with no combat. You zip around on a scooter, doing stuff and seeing things and getting reward masks, but you never actually fight as far as I'm told. I think its a good idea and after the year I've had I could use a nice zero stakes wanderabout.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
The only game that I am really interested in, is Halo Infinite (but mostly because I am a huge Halo shill).

Otherwise, there is relatively little that I am jazzed about.

Deathloop looks right up my alley, and im quite interested in the new Life is Strange game, but otherwise, im not really in the loop of upcoming/recent games.