General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Apparently Time Travel in fiction is also bad. And of course, Winnie the Pooh is right out because apparently Xi once got his head stuck in a honey pot and doesn't want to be reminded of it.

I find the whole time travel thing weird. Why would they feel the need to ban that? Are they that afraid that somebody's going to try to build a time machine and go back in time and screw up whatever the country's history had? Funny enough, I remember there being some time travel kung fu movie that came out from Hong Kong and it released into mainland China a few years ago. I don't remember the name of the title, but it came and went with no controversy, nor fuss or muss.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Stay classy, China...
The first three, "understandable". The fourth? Huh. Interesting. I guess they don't want dangerous foreign morals getting into their children, but most games with morality systems are pretty damn black and white.

Reactions: Hawki

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Best they stick to selling games and not making them. The least they should do is offer free replacements with free shipping. *edit* apparently the GPU makers are at fault, not Amazon. Although it seems odd this bricking has only been happening with their game.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The first three, "understandable". The fourth? Huh. Interesting. I guess they don't want dangerous foreign morals getting into their children, but most games with morality systems are pretty damn black and white.
It's more likely that they don't want children to believe that they have a choice- they must choose "good" (or what the Party believes is "good") in every situation.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Is it not the manufacturer's fault? Some soldering defect or something isn't it.
Corrected, thanks. However, it still poses the question of why this game is seemingly the only one damaging these cards, if the culprit was a simple soldering defect (across multiple brands mind you, and likely with different soldering techniques or patterns…?). If cards are running that much hotter for this game vs any other, maybe the game’s code isn’t up to snuff either, which wouldn’t be surprising being that it’s from a company that has only ever sold games vs make them.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Go Steff; best of luck to you!

Looks like these guys and gals want to make a proper Devil's Third this time.
Wow...I did not see it coming. (sarcasm)

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

OMG, it happened. After countless years of memes, fans demanding, and devs not saying anything, it finally happened

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

So let me get this straight;

You take a Ghost Recon, a franchise that has been struggling with the last two games, and add battle royale to it? And for the cherry on the top, you make it pvp f2p, with the obvious indication of the game being monetized to oblivion?

Why do I get the feeling that this game will get review bombed, but Ubisoft will keep it alive on life-support anyways because it generates enough profit?

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009

You take a Ghost Recon, a franchise that has been struggling with the last two games, and add battle royale to it? And for the cherry on the top, you make it pvp f2p, with the obvious indication of the game being monetized to oblivion?

Why do I get the feeling that this game will get review bombed, but Ubisoft will keep it alive on life-support anyways because it generates enough profit?
Gave me more Escape from Tarkov vibes, than battle royale.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

So Ghost Recon is just another fucking FPS huh? Wildlands was perhaps my greatest disappointment last gen, so this is another easy pass.

And also, what a surprisingly bad trailer from Ubisoft. They usually go all out (aka fucking lie) in their trailers, this one looked almost fanmade. EDIT: Ah, I see that it's free to play. That makes sense.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Doesn't matter, EGS has their back, so they don't need to deal with Steamies crying about how Splinter Cell didn't had a new game in 10 years. This game will do well and dispel the psuedo fascists from the fanbase to the depths of obscurity

BTW, Far Cry 6 is out and it's awesome.

Also, coomers and chuds cry moar as WoW removes 2008 tier sex jokes from the game. Won't fix Blizzard but anything that makes them screech is a good thing.

May we all live in a BreadTube that is Baked and woke.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So Ghost Recon is just another fucking FPS huh? Wildlands was perhaps my greatest disappointment last gen, so this is another easy pass.

And also, what a surprisingly bad trailer from Ubisoft. They usually go all out (aka fucking lie) in their trailers, this one looked almost fanmade. EDIT: Ah, I see that it's free to play. That makes sense.
You'd think they would learned something from Breakpoint but I should have known Ubisoft never learns anything.

And I feel ever more justified in my decision not to give them any more money.