Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I expected them to react to more Tifa. But they only talked about cloud and swords. Which I think kind of defeats the purpose of their videos. Maybe they'll do a part do with tifa and more of the martial arts stuff.
I didn't watch video, and I find that shocking. This isn't the first time they held other characters back for later. They did the same for Majima when reacting to Yakuza 0. I do find it stupid, as it makes the next video somewhat redundant.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Makes me wonder how FROM will iterate next in Elden Ring. It also kinda sadly highlights the importance placed on that dreadful Meta score, if the “90 or better” comment involving Sony’s partnering with FROM for Bloodborne is accurate.

Yeah, achievement/trophy lists are rarely designed as an extension of the game’s core design but they really should be. I only consider it for games I really enjoy, but even then the vast majority of list requirements ultimately outstay their welcome. I generally prefer to experience game content more organically vs resorting to guides or youtube to complete checklists, but there is a huge grey area as to how you can be sure you get your money’s worth and not miss any little cool extras (like MGS games for instance).

So that falls on designers as well to give players enough to go on so they can do that without needing to put down the controller.
Yeah I go for platinums if the process itself is enjoyable. FromSoftware, Witcher, Assassins Creed, Sony originals- their trophies are mostly about seeing and fighting stuff I already want to see and stuff. And now that so many games have eliminated trophies for difficulty levels, it's just that much easier to do if one is inclined.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker