Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wouldn't call 16 levels exactly short.
Depends on how long each level is. If you beat each level in 10 minutes, then that's a short game.

I don't know one way or the other, I'm just summarizing the stuff I've seen in the reviews.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Depends on how long each level is. If you beat each level in 10 minutes, then that's a short game.

I don't know one way or the other, I'm just summarizing the stuff I've seen in the reviews.
I don't like overly long levels either. Streets of Rage 4 has 12 levels, and they never felt too long, nor too short. If the developers were able to strike a happy balance in that game, then they can do it in this game. I don't trust IGN, and I will judge that myself. As usual.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This game is awesome! I got the switch version first, so I can take it over to my brother's later and we can do co-op. It'll have to be next week though. I decided to do the first two stages. I'm currently playing story mode on normal.

The combat is amazing and is definitely a huge improvement over past turtle games. You got juggling, different types of super moves, a recovery attack and a back attack. You can juggle and launch enemies in the air various ways. Lots of environmental destruction and hazards you can use against your foes, or can be used against you if you're not careful. There is even taunting! In this game, you do want to talk! It gives you a full meter providing you don't get hit. There is an exploit if you know what to do. Especially when fighting bosses.

Last edited:

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I only noticed this was out this afternoon when I checked the PS4 store and it only cost £20 with a £2 discount for those with PS+, so decided to get it. I was a big fan of Turtles in Time back in the day and everything I've seen of this has told me I would like this. So, I've been playing for most of the evening and as expected, I really like it. The first thing that you notice is all the way's the game gives you to attack and you will need them all as button mashing will only get you so far. The backflip/dash move is a little over powered and chucking enemies out of the screen never gets old.

I do have my complaints, mainly that I hate those giant Mouser enemies, they are a massive pain in the arse. But yeah, I am enjoying this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen and BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just finished Story Mode on Normal. Amazing! A little on the easy side, but I am not complaining. Hard mode can take care of the challenge itch. I used Michelangelo all the way through. I recommend you keep the same character for story to level up properly, if doing single player or two person co-op. The music and level design is to true perfection. Shredder's Revenge is now the best TMNT game ever made!

The music in this slaps too! Tee Lopes knocks the ball out the park again, and smacking multi-balls! They got Ghostface Killah from Wu Tang! I was not expecting that rapper to show up!

16 Levels I consider lengthy enough. The stages do get longer the further you go, but they don't drag on forever. Don't know what critics were talking about being too short. Especially for price that currently on sale on all consoles. Though you must be a PS+ user to get the game on sale on PS4 and PS5. Play this game! Best brawler of the year!

EDIT: Free on Game Pass!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Saw a video of the final boss and that looked utterly boring, I hope that the rest of the game is more exciting.

How long did it take you to clear the game?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How long did it take you to clear the game?
About 2 hours and 40 minutes. I will say that this incarnation of Super Shredder is weak compared to the past Super Shredders, but still a fun fight. He plays more like a puzzle boss than anything. I know on Gnarly Difficulty, he and many of the other bosses hit a lot harder. Doubly so if you're playing on Arcade mode, because you're always at base stats.

It's clear Tribute Games only wanted to make a fun brawler, and they've more than succeeded. The combat is on point, and they definitely put their all into it in terms of gameplay, music, and stage design. This game has more going on for it than Final Vendetta. I haven't tried the online yet, because I bought the Switch version (I plan on doing a co-op with my brother later, and I'm taking my switch to his house), and I'm not paying for the online. Later next week I'm going to get the PS4 version and try the online.

Last edited:

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
About 2 hours and 40 minutes. I will say that this incarnation of Super shredder is weak compared to the past Super Shredders, but still a fun fight. He plays more like a puzzle boss than anything. I know on Gnarly Difficulty, he and many of the other bosses hit a lot harder. Doubly so if you're playing on Arcade mode, because you're always at base stats.

It's clear Tribute Games is wanted to make a fun brawler, and they've more than succeeded. The combat is on point, and they definitely put their all into it in terms of gameplay, music, and stage design. This game has more going on for than Final Vendetta. I haven't tried the online yet, because I bought the Switch version (I plan on doing a co-op with my brother later, and I'm taking my switch to his house), and I'm not paying for the online. Later next week I'm going to get the PS4 version and try the online.

I beat the story mode this morning, using Raphael of course and decided to try the online mode. To my surprise, my crappy internet was able to let me play with no issues. And let me just say, the online mode is just insane. If you can tell what's going on then you're doing better than me. Far to many time have I found myself stood in a corner punching thin air while everyone around me is doing all the work:)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
So finished my first go around with Shredders Revenges with Raphael and I must say this is my favorite beat em up so far. It is just perfect I got it on the switch and despite internet and the game just crashing at times overall everything has been a smooth experience. Its captures the simple but complex just right and I love the levels. Yes there are 16 but most can be a will be completed in unter 10 minutes. I can knock out 2 while I am on the bus or train to work. And Tee Lopes set the studio on fire as this soundtrack might surpass Sonic Mania.

Shredders Revenge is game of the year over everything and this is objective fact. How so you say? When your game contains Wu Tang Clan in any way shape or form them come talk to me.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Interesting article. It's better when a game gives itself as much as personality as possible to stand out. I like cute, funny, weird stuff in brawlers especially. Gives the game more life, and keeps the player immersed and engaged.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
The music in this slaps too! Tee Lopes knocks the ball out the park again, and smacking multi-balls! They got Ghostface Killah from Wu Tang! I was not expecting that rapper to show up!
...are you sure? Are you really sure? Because, I myself have noted a distinct lack of

Because to me, that absence is the most sorely-felt since playing War for Cybertron the first time, getting to the level where Optimus gets the Matrix and literally says "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" before a driving sequence, and The Touch doesn't play.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
...are you sure? Are you really sure? Because, I myself have noted a distinct lack of

Because to me, that absence is the most sorely-felt since playing War for Cybertron the first time, getting to the level where Optimus gets the Matrix and literally says "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" before a driving sequence, and The Touch doesn't play.
No. Screw Vanilla Ice. I don't hate the song, but I certainly don't miss it. We got two members from the Wu-Tang and Tee Lopes; real talent. The game has two different versions of the TMNT 1987 theme, that is more than enough. I love the Hip-Hop, Rock, and New Jack Swing. Fits the Turtles to a T! I would take Spunkadellic any day over Vanilla Ice. They made two songs I actually enjoy and blast in the car. If Spunkadellic had a song in this game, I would have screamed like a girl in happiness.

Last edited: