Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I’d much rather play those than the PS1 demakes actually. The logic there is, why play the shittiest version of a 3D game when you could play the best version of a 2D one, basically.
Yeah, I appreciate the early 3d games as a stepping stone along the path, but man a lot of them have elements that just didn't age well. Zelda:OOT, as good as it is, feels like it's gimped a bit from the fact it's an early 3D game at times and Majora's Mask slightly less so. Metal Gear Solid wants to play like a 3d game but at heart it also wants to be a 2d game so a lot of it ends up being frustrating as shit as a result. And man I'm glad gaming has finally figured out what its doing now.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Who the fuck is Bob? I did not even know this was a thing.
Same. Yathzee must be fucking bored.

I mean, some dude going on and on about making the next big thing and then utterly failing.....I mean, sure, that's a thing to talk about but there's gotta be more interesting cases.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Same. Yathzee must be fucking bored.

I mean, some dude going on and on about making the next big thing and then utterly failing.....I mean, sure, that's a thing to talk about but there's gotta be more interesting cases.
Anything would have been more useful or entertaining. Yahtzee could have shat on Oneechanbara or some other games I like, and I would have had almost zero complaints. At least it would have been an interesting conversation or argument. This is just so bland....and forgettable. Not worth anyone's time. There's over a thousand dozen of these stories you can find anywhere on YouTube.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Special editions for the game. I must say, I always prefer the physical stuff over digital stuff. The strangest thing about these is that for collector's edition there's no physical disc, and you are given the download code.
Huh
Sterling pointed this out years ago.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

One the best games Namco gives a no shit about dropped. Like they made a statement about sales will invigorate the series while also 0 zip nada marketing, dropped a demon but only in the Asian region and no physical release in the United States.

You wrong Namco I am still getting this but you made it your mission that this franchise stays in the dungeon.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yeah, I appreciate the early 3d games as a stepping stone along the path, but man a lot of them have elements that just didn't age well. Zelda:OOT, as good as it is, feels like it's gimped a bit from the fact it's an early 3D game at times and Majora's Mask slightly less so. Metal Gear Solid wants to play like a 3d game but at heart it also wants to be a 2d game so a lot of it ends up being frustrating as shit as a result. And man I'm glad gaming has finally figured out what its doing now.
I disagree with you two to an extent. Specifically, I think the 3D demake style works well for horror games, whether original or based on a more modern game. The look of PS1 games can heighten the creepiness of horror and surreal style games in a good way.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

One the best games Namco gives a no shit about dropped. Like they made a statement about sales will invigorate the series while also 0 zip nada marketing, dropped a demon but only in the Asian region and no physical release in the United States.

You wrong Namco I am still getting this but you made it your mission that this franchise stays in the dungeon.
I want a physical version of this too. They spent all their time on another Pac-Man Collection, but might as well tell this franchise to fuck off.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Bonus moron points for the "game journalist" (shown at 8:15) who comments that "some might say that's enough time for fans to get their fill". Imagine if some official at the Louvre dumped the Mona Lisa into a shredder and declared "art lovers have enough time to get their fill".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Bonus moron points for the "game journalist" (shown at 8:15) who comments that "some might say that's enough time for fans to get their fill".
Nothing more than philistines, mindless slaves to their AAA overlords, and cowards and bitches of the highest calibers. PC Gamer has not been relevant since 2009.