General Gaming News.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well, hope people weren't holding out a ton of hope for a quick release of that KOTOR remake.

I wasn't but I feel like a remake should be the least effected by studio turmoil, because it's literally just copying the original right?

"What do you we do?"

"Uh....look at the original game and make keep making that."

"Oh okay."

Like I understand staff troubles or whatever slowing it down, but turmoil is a confusing word because it implies people sitting around with no clue what to do. I guess maybe if they put someone in the programmer's seat who doesn't know how to program, that could cause turmoil i guess. "Who did this code? A Monkey!? Nothing works, it's just gibberish."

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Sure seems to be a lot of big greed-fueled third party publishers on the verge of imploding lately. Which is completely fine by me.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Heartwarming and good. They're important just like anyone else.

Doi! What else is new?

I do not trust EA on this at all.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Cool for the Female lead, that sounds like it could be very interesting.
Kinda feel like the game will be developed with online content in mid first and foremost, so the game might not have real protagonist, instead having just an avatar that the player will make, and so that avatar could be female (but in reality will be a personality free homoculous that will make GTA3 protagonist feel like the life of the party).

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Kinda feel like the game will be developed with online content in mid first and foremost, so the game might not have real protagonist, instead having just an avatar that the player will make, and so that avatar could be female (but in reality will be a personality free homoculous that will make GTA3 protagonist feel like the life of the party).
Nah, they've said they're going for a sort of Bonnie and Clyde thing with their two main characters.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Cool for the Female lead, that sounds like it could be very interesting.
Don't mind the female protagonist part, but I can't help but feel it's T2 trying to be woke. I REALLY hope there's a reason for this and we get to explore the cultural impact of her living in the US (sort of like in Miles Morales) without making it look like she's constantly victimized.

I don't understand the removal of some of the jokes. Like, it's not okay for a game to have offensive jokes, but running over people with a truck or going on a rampage with a rocket launcher is okay?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Don't mind the female protagonist part, but I can't help but feel it's T2 trying to be woke. I REALLY hope there's a reason for this and we get to explore the cultural impact of her living in the US without making it look like she's constantly victimized.

I don't understand the removal of some of the jokes. Like, it's not okay for a game to have offensive jokes, but running over people with trucks or going on a rampage with guns is okay?
Yeah I agree there. GTA's is built on the cultural exaggerations of all kinds of things. It was cultural satire in the same way South Park is. If they try to downplay that then it looses the spice that made GTA what it is. Hell GTA V was pretty toned down in that regard and I thought GTA V was one of the least interesting GTA games they ever made.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

Some more info from SkillUp on that Kotor delay. Looks like cancellation is soon.
Why are they looking for other project? KOTOR remake is like easy mode of making video game, its already made so you just have to copy it and it draws on 2 existing properties (KOTOR itself and star wars) so you don't even have to advertise it and it'll print money. If they can't manage that, wtf can they do? Just disband the studio.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Why are they looking for other project? KOTOR remake is like easy mode of making video game, its already made so you just have to copy it and it draws on 2 existing properties (KOTOR itself and star wars) so you don't even have to advertise it and it'll print money. If they can't manage that, wtf can they do? Just disband the studio.
And really what most people want is a graphical upgrade and it to feel less janky to play (the gameplay hasn't aged well, unfortunately. I say this as someone who really liked the game)

I don't see why this was so difficult

Reactions: BrawlMan