Video game songs at Karaoke Night.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
What video game songs would you sing for Karaoke Night?

Either the DK Rap or Dream Dreams from NiGHTS Into Dreams for me.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Karaoke work best when the audience know the song, so it has to be really well known (and obviously have lyric, although the katamari damachi song has big "tequila" energy), this makes it pretty hard to pick a song from a video game, since most have few song with lyric and rarely reach wide appeal.

Maybe snake eater? Although that seems pretty hard to pull off even remotely well.

Otherwise, the theme of AC5 is a "real" song, so you could go with that, but I don't think it ever got really popular (I did hear it on the radio once).

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Karaoke work best when the audience know the song, so it has to be really well known (and obviously have lyric, although the katamari damachi song has big "tequila" energy), this makes it pretty hard to pick a song from a video game, since most have few song with lyric and rarely reach wide appeal.

Maybe snake eater? Although that seems pretty hard to pull off even remotely well.

Otherwise, the theme of AC5 is a "real" song, so you could go with that, but I don't think it ever got really popular (I did hear it on the radio once).
I seriously doubt many karaoke machines have the DK Rap or Dream Dreams.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Starglider of course.

If I don't have to memorize all the lyrics.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Maybe this. Imo fun song that doesn't require much singing ability.

Also, obviously
It seems that way cuz it is hard. Needs a trained voice with large range. Tho I suppose it could be fun as one of those songs you foist onto an overconfident friend and then watch them bomb, like Dream On from Aerosmith, or any Queen song.
Everyone knows there is only one answer and its this.
Escape From the City
Yeh, good song to drunkenly belt out with a couple mates.

Reactions: meiam and BrawlMan
Mar 30, 2023
Country
india
"Still Alive" is a classic song from the game Portal and has become a popular karaoke choice. It's a catchy tune with a fun and upbeat tempo.