Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Signed for a 2020 Honda Civic EX about a month ago. Is nice. Got the lease down to $250/month to help out my budget now, and turn it into financing after 3 years when hopefully my salary is more robust.

View attachment 1209
Good choice! Hondas have an excellent life span so you will likely have it for a while. I am so glad you didn't get a black one, Dark cars get so ridiculously hot you like need a sprinkler system inside just to cool them down! XD

DJShaddycat

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2020
Country
United States
People really need to stop paying full price for new games. They are not worth that price, when you know most of them will get a goty edition in a couple of months with all the dlc and patch fixes. If everyone just had a little bit of patience, then publishers wouldn't have to charge for $70 per game.
I've always exercised patient gaming. I won't pick up a title until it's $10 or below. That's a more extreme end of the spectrum, but Doom Eternal is still a pretty new title and that goes for $30 all the time now.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
People who whine about games journalism should be grateful that consumer crap is cheap and widespread enough to support a review culture at all, and don't know the pain of someone like me who is trying to shop for industry-grade high tech equipment for which there is no reviews, only manufacturer statements and Reddit gossip.

Reactions: Kae

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
People who whine about games journalism should be grateful that consumer crap is cheap and widespread enough to support a review culture at all, and don't know the pain of someone like me who is trying to shop for industry-grade high tech equipment for which there is no reviews, only manufacturer statements and Reddit gossip.
Start your own channel and be the change you want to see!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Start your own channel and be the change you want to see!
I don't have the $200,000 required for even one system, much less the millions it would take for a proper comparative study.

And that is why, ladies and gents, you should be grateful for what you've got in the consumer-sphere.

Reactions: Kae

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I don't have the $200,000 required for even one system, much less the millions it would take for a proper comparative study.

And that is why, ladies and gents, you should be grateful for what you've got in the consumer-sphere.
You could get a business (the business you are affiliated with, for example) to sponsor your video.

Or you could travel around to different businesses who have these machines and similar machines and make a living creating useful content reviewing niche professional machines! Then you can bundle these reviews and sell them to businesses who are have run into your same problem!

I'm so good at ideas.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
You could get a business (the business you are affiliated with, for example) to sponsor your video.
They probably are gonna take out a loan for the one $200k+ system, and do not have the millions for the many others.
Or you could travel around to different businesses who have these machines and similar machines and make a living creating useful content reviewing niche professional machines! Then you can bundle these reviews and sell them to businesses who are have run into your same problem!
Nobody is gonna let an outsider paw at their delicate equipment, and nobody will pay me for the work.

Also, judging from Reddit most people do low quality work with relatively low quality equipment anyhow.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I want to sue someone for bring me into this world, but I know my mum hasn't got any money. Do you know how you find out which doctor delivered you?

Reactions: Xprimentyl

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
GAP, who the fuck is this for? Gill or Two-Face?

Stop pretending you actually care and be honest.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
DVD sets of TV shows that don't allow you to play all episodes back-to-back. Looking at you Mr. Show and Futurama...

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
DVD sets of TV shows that don't allow you to play all episodes back-to-back. Looking at you Mr. Show and Futurama...
Can I lump on streaming services that randomly don't offer the "Skip Intro" option during binge sessions of tv shows? 6-7 episodes in, I'd much rather they just automatically skip the intro for me, but instead, they've decided that's a good time to make me manually do it. Maybe that's by design? The system acknowledging that I've not moved in hours, so they're thrusting physical activity upon me?

Shadyside

Bad Hombre
Legacy
Aug 20, 2020
On top of your sister
Country
Republic of Texas
I could never get much into Xmen since the theme of oppressed minorities is undermined by most of the cast being white. And the fact that they have superpowers that should make the public worried.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
tl;dr I hate modern search engines

I remember when google was starting to do the whole 'type in your question like you're typing to a human' thing. I thought it was cute but didn't leave my precious Altavista, mostly because having an overglorified calculator with wires sticking out of it's backside was a poor replacement for a person. Then, everything changed when the algorithms attacked.

Altavista died and anything that wasn't Google started trying to emulate them. Now whenever I search for something a little too specific, the search engine either drops a term out of the search string, over stems, or returns a dozen sponsored results that have little to do with what I actually typed in the first place. Because a 'good' modern search engine must always return X amount of results even if there were <X results that were relevant.

Wanna feel my pain? Look at the Wikipedia article on Cat Coat Genetics, scroll down to just above the 'see also' section, look at the second to last bullet point that mentions 'onion hair'. Now enjoy never knowing what a cat with onion hair looks like, because any attempt to search for it will result in an ocean of onion hair loss remedies, copypastas of the Wikipedia article, or generic cat pictures.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Visiting my parent's home is weird, I haven't done it in a year and even though that's about normal for me it feels like it has been longer than ever.

I hate it to be honest, it's way too crowded here (I have 2 brothers and one sister, I'm the only one that doesn't live there and don't have good relationships with anyone) and I feel like I can't have a minute to myself, there's noise all the time and I can't avoid getting into arguments with my mom every other moment, like I have to choose between letting her weird passive aggressive comments slide or just argue with her pointlessly, besides considering what my Internet activity has been recently I feel extremely self-conscious about anyone seeing it so I mostly just don't bother with the Internet, because I don't want them looking over my shoulder which is very much something they would do.

I mean to be honest It's just my second day here and it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be considering all that's happened and I've had some interesting conversations with my dad (Who's the only one aware I'm seeing a therapist, though he doesn't know why), but you know I still hate it, that's why I'm not there right but I'll have to be back soon, I can't believe I'll be staying here for the rest of the year, that's going to suck.