A Beheading In France

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

So since no one else has posted about this, thought I would.

A teacher in France was beheaded by a man after showing cartoon caricatures of Muhammad in class.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
The head clerics in France really need to sit down and develop a strategy to help weed out or find these dickheads before the French people decide to give their Islamic citizens a crash course in how they got rid of the last load of fuckers who pushed the common man to breaking point.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The head clerics in France really need to sit down and develop a strategy to help weed out or find these dickheads before the French people decide to give their Islamic citizens a crash course in how they got rid of the last load of fuckers who pushed the common man to breaking point.
I don't think that's going to work. A lot of radicalization happens online. An imam can preach the most pacifistic version of Islam that there is, but John Muhammad Doe can still be dwelling in his own thoughts. Enough to murder someone for showing the image of their prophet who apparently ascended into heaven to meet their sky daddy, which is apparently the one true sky daddy despite there being over 4000 religions in the world that all have their own versions of sky daddies, or sky mummies, or spirits, or fuck it, whatever.

I mean, recently I was reading about Islamic parties in Pakistan were protesting against their "right" to forcefully convert Hindu girls. I know from firsthand experience that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, but I'm not going to defend their ideology. And if that makes me Islamophobic, then so be it.

Reactions: lil devils x

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I don't think that's going to work. A lot of radicalization happens online. An imam can preach the most pacifistic version of Islam that there is, but John Muhammad Doe can still be dwelling in his own thoughts. Enough to murder someone for showing the image of their prophet who apparently ascended into heaven to meet their sky daddy, which is apparently the one true sky daddy despite there being over 4000 religions in the world that all have their own versions of sky daddies, or sky mummies, or spirits, or fuck it, whatever.
Second that. And, while I'm not an expert, if you kill a bunch of people, you get to be famous/infamous, and that appeals to lots of people without religious inclinations. I can't speak for this guy in particular, but I'd imagine that there'd be people looking for a justification to get their face in the paper. Not much a moderate religious leader can do about that unless they also own a media company, I guess.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Second that. And, while I'm not an expert, if you kill a bunch of people, you get to be famous/infamous, and that appeals to lots of people without religious inclinations. I can't speak for this guy in particular, but I'd imagine that there'd be people looking for a justification to get their face in the paper. Not much a moderate religious leader can do about that unless they also own a media company, I guess.
That feels far too generous. I doubt religious zealotry is based on a need for fame, it's based on a need to defend the faith. Which, in this case, means decapitating people.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I don't think that's going to work. A lot of radicalization happens online. An imam can preach the most pacifistic version of Islam that there is, but John Muhammad Doe can still be dwelling in his own thoughts
Yeah, if we cant fix the right wing extremism online, this world is going to be in on a world of pain. Polish and Russian Christians killing homosexuals because they are told they are evil. Hindus fundamentalists killing Muslims in India. Chinese nationalist killing Africans in Southern China because they look different. Canadian Incels killing randos cause he can’t get a date. Muslims slaughtering Christians in Niger and Sudan because they’ll get virgins.

All fundamentalism is bad, mmmkay

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah, if we cant fix the right wing extremism online, this world is going to be in on a world of pain. Polish and Russian Christians killing homosexuals because they are told they are evil. Hindus fundamentalists killing Muslims in India. Chinese nationalist killing Africans in Southern China because they look different. Canadian Incels killing randos cause he can’t get a date. Muslims slaughtering Christians in Niger and Sudan because they’ll get virgins.

All fundamentalism is bad, mmmkay
Chinese nationalists are doing allot more than killing Africans in Southern China. they are also

Threatening to annex Taiwan

Killing Uygur Muslims

Concentration camps for anyone they hate

Torturing people

Literally organ harvesting people

On top of all the shitty things, they do like jailing journalists, lawyers, and dissenters.

But sure let's do diplomacy with them, let's engage them, let's trade with them. We have morons in power all around the world who think this, and morons like Biden and Harris that want to do even more of this.

And Biden is winning?!?!

Last edited:

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So yeah, I'll just be very straightforward for this point.

This is why people have stereotypes about muslims. Nobody else beheads people any more. And for showing a drawing of a fictional dude no less.

As long as they don't become civilized when they choose to live in Europe, their brothers who did nothing wrong will have to deal with discrimination unjustly.

Can you even imagine the french teacher beheading the muslim dude instead? No? Do you know why you can't? Cause you have the bigotry of low expectations in your mind and see muslims as lesser morally to the French.

Chinese nationalists are doing allot more than killing Africans in Southern China. they are also

Killing Uygur Muslims

Torturing people

On top of all the shitty things, they do like jailing journalists, lawyers, and dissenters.

But sure let's do diplomacy with them, let's engage them, let's trade with them. We have morons in power all around the world who think this, and morons like Biden and Harris that want to do even more of this.

And Biden is winning?!?!
China is also propping up North Korea which makes them complicit to all the atrocities taking place there too.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
New policy going forward should be that if you kill someone because of Muhammad cartoons, artists around the world will depict you having sexual intercourse with Muhammad and these pictures will be published. Maybe buy space on a few billboards for the pictures to really drive the point home.

Gotta make a posthumous deterrent to this sort of behavior.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Killing Uygur Muslims

Torturing people

And Biden is winning?!?!
Well, unless you’re willing to strap yourself in for a war - and bear in mind a war with the Chinese will be as close to a proper war since the Korean War - and fight and die, you can shove the pontificating up your strap.

New policy going forward should be that if you kill someone because of Muhammad cartoons, artists around the world will depict you having sexual intercourse with Muhammad and these pictures will be published. Maybe buy space on a few billboards for the pictures to really drive the point home.

Not a terrible idea.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

Killing Uygur Muslims

Torturing people

And Biden is winning?!?!
The US tortures Muslims, overwhelming locks up blacks, or straight up lets police kill them, concentration camps for ‘Mexicans’, invades Afghanistan and Iraq, makes deals with Taliban, overthrows Bolivia, Libya and Syria and almost Venezuela, anything that disagrees with the presidents gets called liars

But FREEDOM. So automatically better

Reactions: CaitSeith

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Well, unless you’re willing to strap yourself in for a war - and bear in mind a war with the Chinese will be as close to a proper war since the Korean War - and fight and die, you can shove the pontificating up your strap.

Not a terrible idea.
I have asked to join the military multiple times, but they refuse to let me join because I have a medical condition. I am likely to ask again very soon, and the answer will be the same.

I am also very likely to get on a plane to Taiwan if Taiwan gets invaded as a volunteer fighter ala Abraham Lincoln Brigade.

1603070410056.png

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

You know how they westernised Jesus. Maybe they could do that we just pretend it okay and not care what they say

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The US tortures Muslims, overwhelming locks up blacks, or straight up lets police kill them, concentration camps for ‘Mexicans’, invades Afghanistan and Iraq, makes deals with Taliban, overthrows Bolivia, Libya and Syria and almost Venezuela, anything that disagrees with the presidents gets called liars

But FREEDOM. So automatically better
Yeah, and I oppose all of that, but Trump is an outlier, Xi isn't.

However, China ruling the world would be worse, like the 1984 worst. In the US you allowed a high degree of dissent, and you can change minds, and change the government. Try doing that in China.