Portland Protesters harass people in their homes

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Some excerpts

"A small free literature selection was set up on the grass and overseen by three people in ski masks. It was a popular offering, and people crowded around, craning to see the pamphlets."

"Titles included “Why Break Windows”; “I Want To Kill Cops Until I’m Dead”; “Piece Now, Peace Later: An Anarchist Introduction to Firearms”; “In Defense of Smashing Cameras”; and “Three-Way Fight: Revolutionary Anti-Fascism and Armed Self Defense.”

“You’ll never sleep tight, we do this every night,” the protesters chanted.

"One white man stepped onto his patio clapping and hollering in support of the passing march. The group called for him to join. He smiled and waved them on, still clapping. They began to chant that he was spineless. He looked worried. But the march moved along, and he went back into his house. "

“It went from a peaceful march, calling out the names, to all of a sudden, bang, ‘How dare you fly the American flag?’” said Mr. Moses, who is Black and runs a nonprofit group in the Portland, Ore., area. “They said take it down. They wouldn’t leave. They said they’re going to come back and burn the house down.”

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
The Portland Protesters are the UC Berkley protesters of the movement.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
This reminds me of when Jon Stewart a liberal said that Muslims beat their wives on TV. Apparently there is a double standard at work.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
The Portland Protesters are the UC Berkley protesters of the movement.
The Berkley protestors at least confined themselves to campus. They didn't go out into the suburbs as far as I'm aware.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Yeah, but actually, fuck suburban white folk who wanna pretend they live exterior to society. Do march in the suburbs. Don’t burn anybody’s house down or anything, but yeah, yell and scream at these white folk whose one desire is for everyone to shut up so they can ignore them.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah, but actually, fuck suburban white folk who wanna pretend they live exterior to society. Do march in the suburbs. Don’t burn anybody’s house down or anything, but yeah, yell and scream at these white folk whose one desire is for everyone to shut up so they can ignore them.
So it's a bad idea for militias to go into cities, but it's a good idea for these people to go into people's homes.

Granted if the proud boys went into a Portland apartment block of a BLM, Antifa, or whatever protesters, and made sure they couldn't sleep, everyone on this forum, and left-wingers, liberals would be calling bloody murder.

Edit: Also aren't suburbs voting for Biden, and isn't Portland's suburbs given they are in Oregon more progressive than most suburbs, if not the whole country.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
So it's a bad idea for militias to go into cities, but it's a good idea for these people to go into people's homes.
My stance on guns at protests has not changed.
Granted if the proud boys went into a Portland apartment block of a BLM, Antifa, or whatever protesters, and made sure they couldn't sleep, everyone on this forum, and left-wingers, liberals would be calling bloody murder.
They have. Every time they go into town they harass a community they are not part of, walk by and intimidate around housing that is not theirs. Further, the cops are by and large from these same suburbs.
Also aren't suburbs voting for Biden, and isn't Portland's suburbs given they are in Oregon more progressive than most suburb if not the whole country.
BLM isn’t voter outreach for Joe Biden. Oregon suburbs has as many “color blind” white folks as any other suburbs in the country.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I love the fact that liberals like many people on the West Coast say violence bad, Violence in movies bad, in video games bad( heard it from NPR). But when it's violence against the police, when you are threatening people that's are good.

Video game violence bad, threatening people in real life good.

In fact, if liberals and progressives go after violent video games, I will be the first to join to disavow progressivism and be a right-wing anti-China populist.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Also Portland has had protests in suburbs for months, the East precinct is in a suburb.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Liberals can say things conservative can't say.

If a conservative says Muslims beat their wives they get called an islamophobe as they should, but when Jon Stewart says it, no one cares.
Yeah, I wonder if there’s any context your glossing over there. Deliberately

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Yeah, I wonder if there’s any context your glossing over there. Deliberately
I don't remember but I think it was in response to the Iraq War, Muslims aren't terrorists, they just beat their wives or something like that???

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I don't remember but I think it was in response to the Iraq War, Muslims aren't terrorists, they just beat their wives or something like that???
I mean Bush went to great pains separating the average Muslim from terrorists. That nuance has been lost.

Also, we have a whole shirt based how well westerners treat their wives. It the pot calling the kettle black. I don’t think Stewart has ever denied that domestic violence isn’t a problem. Guess what some Conservative Christians do.

Like Pence follows the Billy Graham model. Women should never be in contact with a man who is not a relative. And he’s VP. Sure some Muslims countries haven’t even got that far but at least most are improving, not going backwards. I don’t know why people in America want their own version of the Christian Ayatollah but Pence is all for it and uses the numpty Trump to effect his regime

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark

It is a bad idea for militias to go anywhere, they should stay in their forests and three-family towns.

And yeah, there would be people screaming if proud boys pulled something similar, after all, proud boys are assholes standing on the side of fascism and authoritarianism. One side has a shitty message that we neither need nor want, the other has a decent message that some people might not want but we all need.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
It is a bad idea for militias to go anywhere, they should stay in their forests and three-family towns.

And yeah, there would be people screaming if proud boys pulled something similar, after all, proud boys are assholes standing on the side of fascism and authoritarianism. One side has a shitty message that we neither need nor want, the other has a decent message that some people might not want but we all need.
I don't agree with white libs going into my neighborhood, screaming shit at my neighbors for not being woke enough.

Also, insurance doesn't cover rioters/human-caused events so if they burn down my house or anyone's house, I would be ruined, and homeless, and so would allot of people.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I don't agree with white libs going into my neighborhood, screaming shit at my neighbors for not being woke enough.

Also, insurance doesn't cover rioters/human-caused events so if they burn down my house or anyone's house, I would be ruined, and homeless, and so would allot of people.
They shouldn't burn anything or break anything but I don't give a damn about whether or not you agree with the protesting in your neighbourhood. Protests aren't meant to be convenient, they're meant to make people do what the protesters want. And since "don't kill people because they have a different skin colour" is a reasonable request you should probably strive to meet it.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

If they come anyway near my house, I am going straight to Fox News, and Tucker Carlson, and I will tell them that they harass an immigrant who fled from a dictatorship. And how the democrats are complicit.