The Escapist Forums

Drathnoxis
Drathnoxis
Me specifically? Wow.

Well, as you can see I've got a new dark theme avatar that I think looks pretty great and I spent way more time on than I probably should have.

How have you been?
Neuromancer
Neuromancer
Of course you, you're #1 on my list of most requested discord crossovers! You were supposed to appear in the final episode of season 2 3 years ago! How much money do I have to throw into the deal, Drath? The fans know what they want!

I'm surviving. It's a complicated situation. Still have until July for my military draft to end. We'll see by then.
Drathnoxis
Drathnoxis
Thanks, but I'm sorry. I'm not really a fan of Discord. It all just happens too fast for my liking. I like forums because I can read through and respond at my own pace.

I didn't know you were in the military. I think I would hate being in the military.
Neuromancer
Neuromancer
I am not in the military by choice. Compulsory military draft of 9 months. And I do hate being in the military.

I understand your reasons. It'd still be nice if there was another way for you to interact with the crew though.
Drathnoxis
Drathnoxis
What country are you from that has compulsory military?
Neuromancer
Neuromancer
Greece. It's a place.
SupahEwok
Neuromancer
Neuromancer
Argue then.
SupahEwok
SupahEwok
I argue that Greece is not a place. It is, in fact, a tourist trap, with cardboard models for monuments and an invented history of being the cradle of Western Civilization in order to draw in clueless Europeans who believe in some kind of cultural history.

Apparently the character limit for these messages is 420.
SupahEwok
SupahEwok
The truth of the matter is Democracy, the Olympics, marble statues, and the Tower of Babel were all invented in Finnland. However, building the tower caused God to curse the Finns to speak only gobblydegook, so these things propagated with an unknown origin.
SupahEwok
SupahEwok
People living in what is now called Greece hatched the plot to take credit for all these things around 1650 AD in order to attract Italian vacationers, and rebranded Finnish achievements in the arts and philosophy as their own.
Fat Hippo
Fat Hippo
420 is an interesting number for a character limit.
Drathnoxis
Drathnoxis
This profile comment system is kind of strange. People are going to come to my profile and see an argument over whether or not Greece exists. Of course, I approve, it's just strange is all.
SupahEwok
SupahEwok
It's not an argument if one side is unquestionably right.
Fat Hippo
Fat Hippo
Yes it is.
Drathnoxis
Drathnoxis
No it isn't.