#001 - Twice Daily

Zero=Interrupt

New member
Nov 9, 2009
252
0
0
Will Erin actually die in Erin Dies Alone? If so, will it be in an awesome way, like taking out ISIS with an airliner full of copies of that shitty Ninja Theory DmC game?
 

ProtoChimp

New member
Feb 8, 2010
2,236
0
0
The Wooster said:
Mr.Mattress said:
Why do I have the feeling that at the end of this, Erin is going to die alone?

... Come to think of it, why do I get the feeling that when this ends, Critical Miss is going to end too?

How interconnected is the Continuity?
Not at all. Completely different worlds.
So same character but alternate universe?

Also I read something about this being a different Erin who was a novelist or something on the Patreon? Or is that a lie my brain told me?
 

Skeleon

New member
Nov 2, 2007
5,410
0
0
Just from the first page, it's very difficult to even guess which direction this will go. Personally, I hope for an all-year equivalent of the Depression Week from Cyanide & Happiness. But I sincerely doubt it'll be anything like that.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
I welcome this since I did missed the actual Erin story from the main Critical Miss comics.

Sure I still fine with it's one shot jokes of current game situation but I still wonder about Erin wellbeing and her rat.
 

BX3

New member
Mar 7, 2011
659
0
0
"EDA will be on Mondays and Thursdays, while Critical Miss will run at its regular time on Tuesdays and Fridays."
4 comics a week from Grey & Cory?

Ready is me.

Just try not to wear yourselves out too hard with this, CM and that side comic you guys are selling.
 

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
3,560
0
0
I've already seen the previews on your Patron page (yes, I clicked it, no, I can't give you money right now, as sad as that may be) and I can't wait to see what you have in store for this comic, it honestly looks like a bittersweet version of CM (wich is mostly bitter).

Exterminas said:
I suddenly feel like this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/108-Webcomics

Will never lose its relevance
If this comic won't go the "miscarriage arc" route, then I'm good.
 

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
544
0
0
1. I like the art style as always. Nicely done. (Yeah, I saw those shadows on the cords in Panel 1.)
2. I like the concept. I am eager to see it play out.
3. So, is it safe to assume that "Bad Dad" has been tabled? I really liked this idea and the first two issues were great. But, with this new 4 strips/week workload, I don't see much room for side projects.
 

Exterminas

New member
Sep 22, 2009
1,130
0
0
SupahGamuh said:
I've already seen the previews on your Patron page (yes, I clicked it, no, I can't give you money right now, as sad as that may be) and I can't wait to see what you have in store for this comic, it honestly looks like a bittersweet version of CM (wich is mostly bitter).

Exterminas said:
I suddenly feel like this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/108-Webcomics

Will never lose its relevance
If this comic won't go the "miscarriage arc" route, then I'm good.
My point is that this whole We-started-out-as-a-funny-gaming-comic-but-now-we-want-to-tell-serious-stories-thing seems to be some sort of law with webcomics. The miscarriage is just one instance of that law.
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
Clankenbeard said:
1. I like the art style as always. Nicely done. (Yeah, I saw those shadows on the cords in Panel 1.)
2. I like the concept. I am eager to see it play out.
3. So, is it safe to assume that "Bad Dad" has been tabled? I really liked this idea and the first two issues were great. But, with this new 4 strips/week workload, I don't see much room for side projects.
Bum Rush Comics (the company hosting Bad Dad) was a bust, unfortunately. We still own the rights to the comic, and I'd definitely like to revisit the idea at some point, but it's definitely tabled for now.
 

Idsertian

Member
Legacy
Apr 26, 2020
513
0
1
More Erin? I'm down for more Erin. Erin is best... rin. Yeah, I dunno where I was going with that, but more Erin is always good.

Yay! Twice the comics in a week! Aside from CM, comic land has been pretty bare here at the Escapist, ever since LeeLee left.
 

Jodan

New member
Mar 18, 2009
379
0
0
Saw the headline "Erin Dies Alone" and immediatley thought they were about to leave the escapist as well.
 

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
14,056
991
118
Maybe I'm too late for the Q&A but I didn't see anyone ask this and I'm curious...

Why Erin?

Not that it's a big deal but it seems really weird to me to have two unconnected strips but involve the same character (if by name and appearance alone). Maybe it's not a big deal now but I can imagine this will cause some great confusion as the two strips grow and new people show up on the website. Why not just make a new character and roll with it or is there a direct reason why you're using Erin for this strip too?
 

BX3

New member
Mar 7, 2011
659
0
0
Exterminas said:
My point is that this whole We-started-out-as-a-funny-gaming-comic-but-now-we-want-to-tell-serious-stories-thing seems to be some sort of law with webcomics. The miscarriage is just one instance of that law.
Heck, not just webcomics. Red vs Blue did it too. I love every single season of that show to death (except maybe 4... and half of 6), but it too kinda went the super cereal route.

I'm guessing it's because there's only so many times you can write "Guess what's long and has two balls at the base? Dicks!" before you wanna shake it up a bit. Sure the fans are still in love with it, but when you as the creator have to think about and write for it every day, I imagine it can feel stale. Not boring, not taxing, just "meh". Though, I guess the remaining question would be "Why use this series then?", which is something only the creator knows.

Piecewise said:
We're one comic in and she's not dead.

Can I take money OUT of the patreon yet?
"At the end", you pleb! Git gud at narrationative!
 

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
621
0
0
Exterminas said:
My point is that this whole We-started-out-as-a-funny-gaming-comic-but-now-we-want-to-tell-serious-stories-thing seems to be some sort of law with webcomics. The miscarriage is just one instance of that law.
This isn't the same web comic, so I don't think it really applies.
 

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
5,237
0
0
So it's a parallel universe Erin suffering a similar/identical malady with offbrand characters?

Sure, I guess. I'm down. I've got an opening for a comic that might offer some insight or remark on either delusion or depression, so why not. One question, though: other than the figments of her imagination, will there be other characters, or will she be on her own with her mind and it's conjurings, a la Garfield minus Garfield?
 

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
15,305
0
0
BehattedWanderer said:
So it's a parallel universe Erin suffering a similar/identical malady with offbrand characters?

Sure, I guess. I'm down. I've got an opening for a comic that might offer some insight or remark on either delusion or depression, so why not. One question, though: other than the figments of her imagination, will there be other characters, or will she be on her own with her mind and it's conjurings, a la Garfield minus Garfield?
Erin is the only human character in the comic.
 

Aiedail256

New member
Jan 21, 2011
197
0
0
Oh wow! This looks like it's going to be everything I always wanted from Critical Miss! Those early days where you showed Erin actually struggling with mental illness? That was COMPELLING. I'm psyched!