#002: Hold X To Run

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
koobismo said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Did you adjust the visual noise in this one? Because I found it much easier to read this time around :)
I did, following the suggestions! :) In fact, the art style got a bunch of different tweaks based on the comments I received, from friends and the forum. If you spot anything else weird, out of tune or generally sucking ass, do tell.
Can't think of anything else at the moment, but thanks so much for that :D I'm interested to see where this is going.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
What is she wearing? Looks like a nurse outfit.

Anyway, I'm interested enough. I've always loved webcomics and a new one for the Escapist is always welcome.

Captcha: Describe the Playstation Brand: "Better than Xbox"

Captcha is confirmed to be a Sonypony.

koobismo

Nov 21, 2014
chozo_hybrid said:
Can't think of anything else at the moment, but thanks so much for that :D I'm interested to see where this is going.
Sure thing. I think it's safe to say we'll be accelerating a bit real soon, mayhaps the next episode if I manage to squeeze in all that I want (if not, soon after that).

Bob_McMillan said:
What is she wearing? Looks like a nurse outfit. Anyway, I'm interested enough. I've always loved webcomics and a new one for the Escapist is always welcome. Captcha: Describe the Playstation Brand: "Better than Xbox" Captcha is confirmed to be a Sonypony.
Definitely overall scrubs, yes. :)

What I'm now wondering, however, is... Where the hell are there any captchas around here?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Lightknight said:
Guffe said:
I hate cliffhangers!!! :mad:
Oh, don't worry, she quite clearly fell all the way to the water and didn't get a chance to hang on.
Cheers for giving me a laugh from the start of the morning mate :D
Well played, well played!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
koobismo said:
Lightknight said:
Any inspiration from Sword Art Online? This is interesting, I'm guessing that it's an MMORPG of some kind. This is right up my alley and I look forward to the next one.
Never played Sword Art Online, not even sure what it is other than that it's got anime art style - but I did see it mentioned a couple of times over the past month... Worth checking out after Pillars of Eternity?
Well, seeing as I'm playing Pillars of Eternity too and I don't see any end in sight, I don't know what the world will be like when "after" Pillars of Eternity is a thing. Hopefully Netflix will still be around.

You may want to check out the first show just to get the premise. Only because it's in a similar vein but you've absolutely got your own unique take on it so far. Just one other virtual MMORPG with a ton of real world people stuck in it like the other poster said. I'll admit though, I only ever watched the first episode of that as I'm not a big anime person with a few exceptions.

Guffe said:
Lightknight said:
Guffe said:
I hate cliffhangers!!! :mad:
Oh, don't worry, she quite clearly fell all the way to the water and didn't get a chance to hang on.
Cheers for giving me a laugh from the start of the morning mate :D
Well played, well played!
Puns are notoriously bad things that are seldom welcome for long if at all. So I'm glad you enjoyed it.

koobismo said:
Bob_McMillan said:
What is she wearing? Looks like a nurse outfit. Anyway, I'm interested enough. I've always loved webcomics and a new one for the Escapist is always welcome. Captcha: Describe the Playstation Brand: "Better than Xbox" Captcha is confirmed to be a Sonypony.
Definitely overall scrubs, yes. :)

What I'm now wondering, however, is... Where the hell are there any captchas around here?
Scrubs were certainly a safer option to go with compared to the standard medical 'snuggies' they have now. Though I'm sure the "More Dragon Tits" guy above would have approved...

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Still super interested.

Some feedback as requested:

1. In the second panel, something about the running seems too mechanical, robotic.
2. Running through the forest and getting hit in the head is gonna mess up that hair somewhat (Unless it's because of the rules governing whatever world she has entered.)

A.K.B.

Feb 27, 2014
Pretty intriguing indeed...
I think to some extent that this yet too early to judge where this is going, but the color tone, and the dialogue in the first chapter kinda'f betray a dark comedic vibe...
I'm all up for that.

koobismo

Nov 21, 2014
Lightknight said:
Well, seeing as I'm playing Pillars of Eternity too and I don't see any end in sight, I don't know what the world will be like when "after" Pillars of Eternity is a thing. Hopefully Netflix will still be around.
Hopefully it will actually come to Poland by then (where I'm from and reside), because so far we have not yet tasted such pleasantries. No Netflix, no comparable services, just sadness. Seriously, our access to world culture is at the very best wildly limited, at least through proper, legal channels.

Lightknight said:
You may want to check out the first show just to get the premise. Only because it's in a similar vein but you've absolutely got your own unique take on it so far. Just one other virtual MMORPG with a ton of real world people stuck in it like the other poster said. I'll admit though, I only ever watched the first episode of that as I'm not a big anime person with a few exceptions.
Yeah, I believe that to be a fair approach, checking out a couple of first episodes, see how it goes. Using the occasion, I'll slip out a little spoiler in that this here webcomic...
...will also take place in the real world. And actually comes from a slightly different setup.
So I think we're still good. :D

DayDark said:
Still super interested. Some feedback as requested: 1. In the second panel, something about the running seems too mechanical, robotic. 2. Running through the forest and getting hit in the head is gonna mess up that hair somewhat (Unless it's because of the rules governing whatever world she has entered.)
Thanks DayDark! Appreciated, will check out that running frame again, try to discern what exactly made it look more robotic. The hair is a bit trickier in that the rules should generally apply to it, but I'm having some problems making it look like not-spaghetti when flapping around and actually reacting to stuff around. I guess what must be done is: apply science, try stuff, see what comes out.

A.K.B. said:
Pretty intriguing indeed...
I think to some extent that this yet too early to judge where this is going, but the color tone, and the dialogue in the first chapter kinda'f betray a dark comedic vibe...
I'm all up for that.
A friend of mine (Sloth) occasionally makes fun of me that I wouldn't be able to release a single thing without solid dark/fatalistic/nihilistic/oh-cruel-is-the-fate-even-in-comedy undertones, so I think we'll have that covered. :D

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The style makes me want to eventually see this sold as a graphic novel. :)

Depending on how this all turns out in the end, you may get demand for that down the road.