1 in 3 Potential God of War 3 Buyers PS3-Less

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I'm a poor man with a minnimum wage job. So as much as I love GoW I may have to pass.

But I may have a better job by summer 2009, so I'll have to se how things look then.

NT

Feb 25, 2009
I have a PS3 and I have never regretted the decision and I am excited about God of War III and I will be buying it as soon as it comes out

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
runtheplacered said:
I have a PS3 and I'm not going to buy God of War 3. I rented the first one for PS2 and I'm just not into those God of War/Devil may Cry hack and slash adventure games.

It sounds like this is the last of the God of War games. At least fans can finally move on to a different hack and slash adventure game, with all new skins.
^^^This

Goldbling

Nov 21, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Eh, I never played the first two. They sound pretty cool, but there's no way in hell I'd buy a console just for one game.
Good, and dont go-a changin', it was grusome my eyeballs still hurt from all the gay hacky slashy

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Virgil said:
I'd have my money on the 'selling less copies' option, especially given the state of the economy.
i disagree with you, most sane and well thinking people wouldn't go into debt for it. however there are enough americans that live off credit cards and the like, this will drive up the sales of the ps3 and most will just put it on their cc

i'm not saying it's a smart thing but they do it. i've heard too many tales of "oh well i can buy food or a video game system" in a video game store and they picked the video game system instead of the food

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
runtheplacered said:
I have a PS3 and I'm not going to buy God of War 3. I rented the first one for PS2 and I'm just not into those God of War/Devil may Cry hack and slash adventure games.

It sounds like this is the last of the God of War games. At least fans can finally move on to a different hack and slash adventure game, with all new skins.
I kinda feel the same.
Hell Im still gonna buy it, because I like buying games, but I've never thought that the GOW series is as good as everyone says it is. But if it sells PS3s then I'm all for it. I'm hoping Sony ends up successful because if they have money then they can make shiny new games for me and my PS3 :)

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Is there a statistic for ps3 owners who don't want to buy GOWIII? (I'm one of them).

Being smart aside, that does sound hugely influencial. I guess many people liked the first few games on the ps2 and are very interested in how the third one will turn out, even those former ps2 owners who might own a 360 now or have not bought a ps3 because of the price.

It will be interesting to see how this next killer app will affect the ps3's sales... much like I'm curious to see what Killzone 2 does to sales figures. We shall wait and see...

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
nova18 said:
runtheplacered said:

I kinda feel the same.
Hell Im still gonna buy it, because I like buying games, but I've never thought that the GOW series is as good as everyone says it is. But if it sells PS3s then I'm all for it. I'm hoping Sony ends up successful because if they have money then they can make shiny new games for me and my PS3 :)
That's very true. I'd really like to see the PS3 become successful. I bet Final Fantasy XIII could move a few units if ever a game could. Assuming we see it sometime this century.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I think a One-Two punch FOUR years after the release of the Xbox 360 and 3 years after the release of the Wii might not be enough for a "winning combination." No matter how many blades Kratos carries.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Oh the PS3. Still theoretically the cheapest 7th gen gaming console.
Virgil said:
I'd have my money on the 'selling less copies' option, especially given the state of the economy. Sony has also said fairly recently that they aren't planning on cutting their prices this year - which doesn't guarantee they won't, but does make a cut for the summer unlikely.
Oh the PS3. Theoretically the cheapest 7th gen gaming console.

I wish PS3 games were cheaper though. I wouldn't feel so bad for spending $60.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
This article makes it sound like 1 in 3 people who actually plan on buying GoW III do not have a PS3.
Well, I'll probably buy it when it comes out, and I don't have a PS3 - my dad does, though. But by then I might have bought my own, so who knows?

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
This article makes it sound like 1 in 3 people who actually plan on buying GoW III do not have a PS3.
I think that's the idea.

I'm one of them. :p

It won't convince me to get the system, but if the system drops in price as the game comes out...

Eh, we'll see.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
GoW and DMC are fun games but its not a genre that justifies buying a console imo. And the worst part is that its the most expensive console.

keptsimple

Feb 26, 2009
This game looks good. But seeing as how it's the only PS3 exclusive that I'm especially interested in, it's not going to motivate me to buy the system.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
I reckon there will be a price drop in time for the game, though perhaps not this year.
I also reckon that the result will be somewhere in between the two scenarios, more PS3s will be shifted but not a large enough amount to make much of a difference.

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
oliveira8 said:
GoW and DMC are fun games but its not a genre that justifies buying a console imo. And the worst part is that its the most expensive console.
If you say GoW can't be a machine seller, then it must be the truth.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
oliveira8 said:
DMC shouldn't really be in the same sentence as God of War I'm a thinkin', the two games focus on very different things.