1 in 3 Potential God of War 3 Buyers PS3-Less

Dentedgod

Jan 17, 2009
Arbre said:
Of course, if Sony "surprises" everyone with a cheaper GoW bundle, you'll probably see sales rise rather well.
If Sony does this, it will actually motivate me to buy a PS3. Otherwise, I'm far happier with my X360 and PC for gaming.

Most of my buddies who have both only use their PS3 as a blue ray player because, from what I understand, Xbox Live is far easier to use and every single person I know with a PS3 complains about it stealing IP addresses from other devices on their Home networks, even if you give it a hard coded IP. Mind you, I'm not speaking from personal experience, I don't have a PS3 and I really have nothing against it, I just bought my 30 first and have yet to be able to justify buying a 2nd system that has pretty much all the same games.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
TheBadass said:
oliveira8 said:
GoW and DMC are fun games but its not a genre that justifies buying a console imo. And the worst part is that its the most expensive console.
DMC shouldn't really be in the same sentence as God of War I'm a thinkin', the two games focus on very different things.
Might be true. But they kinda focus on the same thing: Killing everything in your front the most awesome way you can conjure up.

Arbre said:
oliveira8 said:
GoW and DMC are fun games but its not a genre that justifies buying a console imo. And the worst part is that its the most expensive console.
If you say GoW can't be a machine seller, then it must be the truth.
Also its my opinion.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
oliveira8 said:
I don't think I've seen one (exclusive) game ever justifying buying a whole new system for, but people do that anyway it seems...so maybe this may happen.

Like I said though, this article makes it sound like people without a PS3 are going to buy God of War. Will they come home and put it in their DVD player and then curse the gods or something?!

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I don't understand how a simulated program telling you to do a single button combination to defeat enemies until you unlock a new button combination justifies blowing hundreds of dollars.

God Of War, Dynasty Warriors, No More Heroes, etc., your mystery eludes me.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
HobbesMkii said:
I think a One-Two punch FOUR years after the release of the Xbox 360 and 3 years after the release of the Wii might not be enough for a "winning combination." No matter how many blades Kratos carries.
I have to agree there. The PS3 is running out of time, and I think they should try out some of tactics that made the PS2 successful last generation. With this in mind, more variety and cheaper prices may just entice me to get myself the console.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Sorry Sony, but despite your best wishes, I'm not the sort of 'tard that buys a console just for one game. Especially when I can just borrow/rent a PS3 and then borrow/rent GoW3. I'm not quite sure why anyone would get a console just to play one game. Even if it's a game I really wanted to get my hands on (I.e. Ace Combat 6 for the 360) I still wouldn't bother until I had a decent list of stuff I wanted to play in order to justify the cost.

Has anyone here ever actually picked up a new console just to play one game that's coming out?

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
level250geek said:
I am among those PS3-less God of War III buyers. Well see as the year progresses.
Agreed. There's no way I'll work up the $599 anytime soon, what with being unemployed and all, but maybe I'll get lucky and a friend of mine will buy the game instead...

PureFlight

Apr 16, 2009
What if they sold GoW3 as part of a system package? Maybe you'd get a PS3 with mt. olympus on it or a blood-stained controller.

To the frustrated 360 owners who want GoW3: All i haffa say is, maybe you should of thought about that when you didn't buy a PS3. Or maybe you should find a new roommate who has a PS3.

PureFlight

Apr 16, 2009
TOGSolid said:
Has anyone here ever actually picked up a new console just to play one game that's coming out?
Guilty as Charged. I bought a DS so i could play Diamond and Pearl.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
But still, buying a whole consule to play one game? That's crazy!
*Cough cough*
Gameboy Color to play Pokemon Blue
Xbox to play Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Gameboy Advance to play Pokemon R&S
Wii to play... Red... Steel...
Xbox 360 to play Fable 2
*Cough*
And I will not be buying a DS to play the remakes of Pokemon S&G *Cough*

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
This wouldn't be the first time I've bought a console for one game I wanted. PS2 was bought for the first Kingdom Hearts; My 360 was bought bout a year and half ago because I finally broke down and wanted to play Overlord. My PSP? Bought that so I could play Daxter. All my nintendo consoles from the NES to the GCB.....well that was more because I was a Nintendo fanboy for most of my life; still am on a certain level but I refuse to buy a Wii.

I must say though the PS3 is going to need to take a steep dive in price before I let kratos' third jaunt through greek mythology begins in my house.

PureFlight said:
What if they sold GoW3 as part of a system package? Maybe you'd get a PS3 with mt. olympus on it or a blood-stained controller.
Hellz yeah I'd camp out for that *****....Ok maybe not, but I'd reserve one.

To the frustrated 360 owners who want GoW3: All I haffta say is, maybe you should of thought about that when you didn't buy a PS3. Or maybe you should find a new roommate who has a PS3.
I'll admit something crazy in me said that GoW3 would come to the 360 simply cause the PS3 sucked, but most of me opted for a 360 over a PS3 cause of price and lack of games I gave two shits about that I couldn't find on the 360.

I mean dang, lets face it, with the FF series jumping ship again (for those late to this FF has gone from Nintendo to Sony and now to Microsoft over the years) to a new system very few didn't believe it to be the final nail in the PS3's success coffin.

*raises [Shield of Fanaticism]-- +9 to rolls when defending against fanboys. *

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
TheBadass said:
oliveira8 said:
DMC shouldn't really be in the same sentence as God of War I'm a thinkin', the two games focus on very different things.
Yeah, one on quality combat, writing and design, one on making sure your hair looks good.
That sentence makes no sense. Kratos has no hair.

I... probably won't get this game. I bought the first (because it was reduced in price) and while entertained, didn't really enjoy it enough to get the sequel. Which is sad, because I usually love those sorts of games. I mean, I love The Bouncer, which is saying something.