1 vs 2: X-Men Legends vs X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
I've posted all of my 1 vs 2 videos on here but this is the first one I've done since being able to capture footage which makes the videos SO much more interesting than just watching me waffle on. Though the other ones were on my own channel, I've joined some people I know in making a new channel, SupeReal Productions, for reviews, commentaries, Let's Plays and a whole heap of other stuff.
ANYWAY, here's my comparison between the 2 X-Men Legends games:

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Never played the first one but I did buy XML2 and got most of the way through it. I stopped playing because I didn't really like it too much. It just seemed like for a game where you play as mutants with super powers I spent way too much time generically punching and kicking things. Plus it felt incredibly repetitive.

But then again I've never cared for the action rpg genre either so take that with a grain of salt.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Not much of a contest in my mind; 2 is better in just about every way. I did like the way they did the story in 1 (focus on a unique mutant, making Magneto and the Brotherhood the bad guys) but 2 is just as strong in that regard and has better character diversity. Ultimate Alliance 1 is still my favorite though.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
I enjoyed 2 a lot more in the sense that I actually finished that one as opposed to only getting halfway through before I quit. I enjoyed the Apocalypse storyline a bit more than the whole new mutant thing and this was also the game that got me into Deadpool so there's that.

May 17, 2010
I think 2 is a better game. However 1 has a far better story seeing as it centers around the conflict between Humans, Brotherhood and the X-men. Also it leaks the exp. so it is so much easier to switch characters around.