10 Golden-Age Marvel Allies We Could Meet in Agent Carter

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
10 Golden-Age Marvel Allies We Could Meet in Agent Carter

We don't yet know just who will make an appearance in Agent Carter, but we can speculate.

Read Full Article

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I also like that plot idea of Bucky being the triggerman on Stark's parents... but the TV series has so far carefully avoided being plot-critical to the movieverse (even to the point of stealthily defying them, via both Coulson and SHIELD still being around in new forms, despite both being officially gone in the movies), and I'm not sure I'd want them to break that by having Bucky first revealed as the killer on the series, even if it is reintroduced later in Civil War.

If they do have Miss America and Whizzer, they'll probably have to be QS/SW's grandparents or great-grandparents rather than parents, since the twins are barely out of their teens in the present day in the MCU (according to Marvel/Whedon, the whole reason QS and SW are showing up in Age of Ultron is to add some younger blood to the team[footnote]I'm speculating another purpose, though. Whedon has said that one of the main thematic goals of Age of Ultron is to confront and deconstruct the reactionary/quasi-fascist aspect of the whole superhero genre, basically furthering the conversation that Winter Soldier started. So I'm predicting the twins will join Team Ultron primarily to give the socially-conscious-and-thusly-angry-at-the-world Millennial audience some characters to identify with. Given how many comic/movie fans (including Bob) are of the "Magneto was right" school of thought, I imagine it'll be pretty appealing to picture myself as one of the chosen few standing by Ultron's side as he overthrows the kyriarchy and destroys our cruel and savage kin. Heck, given that Winter Soldier was all about how outrage at the current state of things is perfectly legitimate, maybe the debate about whether The Villain Has A Point will be another seed of the conflict between Cap and Iron Man?[/footnote]). Golden Girl could probably stay as Thunderbolt's aunt, though, obviously.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Blue Blade?

"The Blue Blade fought problems with alcoholism."... That sounds quite post war (un- or improperly-treated PTSD) to me!
And the outfit would be hilarious!

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
Really like the idea of the Winter Soldier being the Starks' killer and of fake-Cap as a Carter enemy (would probably have to be in a hypothetical second season in order to get full billing as a nemesis, since that would eat into a lot of time in an eight-part miniseries, and Agent Carter is meant to be her story, not her part in the ongoing Cap story). Nick Fury still being around is probably the most likely, since he's already shown up in the television portion of the MCU.

...or the miniseries could be all about building a fresh canon for the MCU, and they want to use more original characters. I'd be down for that, too, as long as it's done well. (Plus, with less comic characters, there's less chance of plot points being telegraphed to comic fans ahead of time just based on who the characters are, like with what ended up happening with the Inhuman revelations in SHIELD.)

jab136

Sep 21, 2012
Sylocat said:
I also like that plot idea of Bucky being the triggerman on Stark's parents... but the TV series has so far carefully avoided being plot-critical to the movieverse (even to the point of stealthily defying them, via both Coulson and SHIELD still being around in new forms, despite both being officially gone in the movies), and I'm not sure I'd want them to break that by having Bucky first revealed as the killer on the series, even if it is reintroduced later in Civil War.
they just introduced the inhumans in AoS they don't seem to be concerned anymore with keeping the show only slightly related to the movies

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
There were a couple more replacement Caps between original Steve Rogers and the '50's impostor. There was William "Spirit of '76" Naslund, and Jeffery "Patriot" Mace. Also, the 50's Cap didn't go super-crazy instantly, but his mind was warped by the imitation Super Soldier Serum, then Dr. Faustus's mind control. I'd also like to see the replacement Buckys.

Now a question is raised by changing Quicksilver's and Scarlet Witch's parentage: did Marvel forget how mutants work?

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
There were a couple more replacement Caps between original Steve Rogers and the '50's impostor. There was William "Spirit of '76" Naslund, and Jeffery "Patriot" Mace. Also, the 50's Cap didn't go super-crazy instantly, but his mind was warped by the imitation Super Soldier Serum, then Dr. Faustus's mind control. I'd also like to see the replacement Buckys.

Now a question is raised by changing Quicksilver's and Scarlet Witch's parentage: did Marvel forget how mutants work?
They didn't forget, they just wanna throw a punch at Fox and they don't give a fuck.
Plus, eventually someone gonna retcon back, anyway, don't expect to be a permanent change.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Surely the Torch would have to figure somewhere along the way. Especially considering they had the easter egg in Captain America. I highly doubt Namor would show up unless heavily altered, just way too convoluted and weird a back story to fit in.

i4njw

May 7, 2014
I'd love to see Hammond or Burnside show up at some point. I would love even more to see something resembling the Invaders.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Sylocat said:
I also like that plot idea of Bucky being the triggerman on Stark's parents.
That seems a good idea and what fit. Say if Cap is killed and Bucky taking over as an Avenger. An as a number of members are leaving, possibly Iron Man, this would be a great reason as to why he would leave the Avengers program. Because he doesnt want to be on the team with a man that killed his parents.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
The human torch is most likely going to be there, since he is in Captain America, it is safe to assume he exists in that universe. They have to be careful with superpowered people appearing though, even after the reveal of the inhumans, since during season 1 of SHIELD people acted like they were highly uncommon so far, and were even cataloged (I am still waiting for the "telepathy is not a known power" line to bite them at some point). The NY incident was a wake up call to the world at large.

I thought the Winter Soldier was heavily implied to be involved in SHIELD/HYDRA black ops side of operations, so having him be a part of Howard Stark's assassination would be quite expected. Of course, being on par with the continuity of the movie, he would not be caught, fought or even identified, since he is mostly a myth for SHIELD in modern times.

Speaking of which, some characters that predictably would appear in Agent Carter are Tony Stark, Obadiah Stane and Hank Pym. Of course, they would not be their familiar selves, but younger versions. I would not be surprised if the name Nicholas Fury appears in the list of new recruits at some point.

walsfeo

Feb 17, 2010
hermes200 said:
The human torch is most likely going to be there, since he is in Captain America, it is safe to assume he exists in that universe. They have to be careful with superpowered people appearing though, even after the reveal of the inhumans, since during season 1 of SHIELD people acted like they were highly uncommon so far, and were even cataloged (I am still waiting for the "telepathy is not a known power" line to bite them at some point). The NY incident was a wake up call to the world at large.

I thought the Winter Soldier was heavily implied to be involved in SHIELD/HYDRA black ops side of operations, so having him be a part of Howard Stark's assassination would be quite expected. Of course, being on par with the continuity of the movie, he would not be caught, fought or even identified, since he is mostly a myth for SHIELD in modern times.

Speaking of which, some characters that predictably would appear in Agent Carter are Tony Stark, Obadiah Stane and Hank Pym. Of course, they would not be their familiar selves, but younger versions. I would not be surprised if the name Nicholas Fury appears in the list of new recruits at some point.
We haven't seen the Human Torch wandering around; I'm worried the FX budget might not stand up to that, but hope I'm wrong.

I'd be shocked if there weren't some super powered folk, or how would they know to be annoyed when people get code names? Rare yes, but unheard of? Not to Shield.

I expect there will be another "telepathy" plot where someone high up in the government, or high in SWORD when it gets formed. It will end with "of course they told everybody that it wasn't a known power, they didn't want you to develop defense against it".

My big hope is that the producers of this show were given a lot of back-story to pick and choose from, and that the show becomes a recurring mini series. Also, I echo the "hey it'd be cool if Winter Soldier did stuff" that everyone else is saying.