10 Incredible Hubble Telescope Images - And the Science Behind Them

Rhykker

Level 16 Scallywag
Feb 28, 2010
10 Incredible Hubble Telescope Images - And the Science Behind Them

Sure these deep space images are awesome, but what exactly are you looking at?

Read Full Article

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for making this one, I've always loved looking at pictures the Hubble's taken over the years.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Planetary nebulae are always a sight to behold.

They together with supernova remnants not only mark the end of the current generation of stars, but the beginning of a new generation.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the stars will sow the seeds of the next generation.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Amazing gallery, I loved it.

Hubble Ultra Deep Field

Visible light mage of a tiny region of space that looks back some 13 billion years. Most of those lights aren't just stars but entire galaxies, about 10000 of them. Who is still saying we're alone in the universe? Just look at all those beautiful swirls of light!

Hubble Extreme Deep Field

A smaller portion of the Ultra Deep Field, looking back even farther (5500 extra galaxies, yay!). This pic always gives me tremendous vertigo.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
GundamSentinel said:
Hubble Ultra Deep Field

Visible light mage of a tiny region of space that looks back some 13 billion years. Most of those lights aren't just stars but entire galaxies, about 10000 of them. Who is still saying we're alone in the universe?
It becomes even harder to believe we're alone when one considers just how small a part of the sky that image represents for us.

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
that last one has a skull cannot unsee it now... and Number 5 looks like a guy holding a spear. Cool stuff.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
There's nothing quite like these images. They are what the word "awesome" was made for.