122:Allways play the dlc first, you get all the cool weapons
123:Liam Neeson is a complete nerd
124:A$$_Face is a nice name
125:The Uncanny valy IS WITHOUT A DOUBT IN DC

WastedDuckling

Feb 24, 2009
126: Don't piss off the Chinese
127: Don't piss off the Enclave
128: No matter how many people are killed by nuclear war there will still be someone who claims to be a superhero
129: In 61 years people will be stupid enough to worship an Atom Bomb.

True Nero

Dahaka Trainer
May 26, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Cid SilverWing said:
That Bethesda invokes false hope with their magnificent trailers and their games only turn out to be absolute shit (since Oblivion).

No, I'm not trolling. This is a fact.
I swear to...GET OUT. This is NOT a "HAI EVERYONE LET'S HATE ON FALLOUT 3" thread. It is a thread about lessons we learned from Fallout 3, as you can clearly see in the thread title.

ENOUGH with the Fallout 3 hate already.
exactly, if they don't like it, they don't have to waste their precious time telling people who don't even care about what they think

130: with a bit of luck and enough stimpacks to replace all the blood in your body, you can take out a 3 story monster by punching it in the shins.
131: you can also make it explode into a million little pieces with a teady bear
132: you can repair a tire iron with another tire iron... don't ask me how, all i know is that duct tape is involved.
133: even after going into space and collecting enough alien equipment to build your own damn ship, the combat shotgun still works the best.
134: putting 50 mines down of each type, standing on it and launching 8 mini-nukes WILL NOT disintegrate your body, just possibly blow off two or three limbs
135: anyone with a Canadian accent is trying to kill you in the most creative way possible.
136: no matter how many bad things you do (i.e. kill and steal) as long as you have enough money afterwards, you can donate to the church and make everything all honkey dory. (Hooray for Scientology!!)

Contun

Mar 28, 2009
Sparrow Tag said:
91) Landmarks will be blown to shit, but alot of pointless houses will be completely intact.

Subzerowings said:
AkJay said:
Subzerowings said:
28)Just because a game is horribly broken and has terrible game design, doesn't mean people won't like it or the sequel to that game disguised as dlc.
Thanks so much for contributing something useful.
I know, always there to help.
Isn't your avatar Final Fantasy? Oh, the irony.
Ouch.

137. Vampires are real.

Eazey Diamond

Aug 23, 2009
138) Firearms can be fixed, by the sound of it, with gaffa tape
139) Using bits of the people you have killed to Rok-It Launch at people you want to kill provides seemingly unlimited ammunition
140) You can decide to turn into a vampire at certain times in your life
141) Blowing towns to kingdom come with atomic bombs is the cheapest way of finding somewhere new to live

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
143) Dogs will become resistant to multiple bullets, plasma weaponry and Flamers.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
RAND00M said:
Diablini said:
59) Don't mess with evil computer-generated girls
Where are computer-generated girls in FO3?.I have never encountered thoes.
Have you finished the main quest? Below is the answer

The quest where you find your dad in a vault but he is in a virtual utopia. You get in there too and there is a little girl named Betty. She is eeeeevil.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Cid SilverWing said:
The_Oracle said:
Don't even start with your ad hominems. I did learn that from Fallout 3. Everyone was into the game, so I bought it to see what it was like, and just like Oblivion it too was shit.
Wait, what? Ad hominem attacks? Where did I attack you personally? I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

Wikipedia said:
An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man" or "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim
I never personally attacked you. Don't you dare put words in my mouth. All I said was that this is NOT a thread for Fallout 3 hate, which you could have discerned by reading my post. I made the post in an attempt to restore order to the thread and prevent others from filling the thread with unnecessary fanboy rants. Understand now?

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
145.) It's only stealing if someone sees you do it. Moving someone's stuff and then taking it is also okay

Pigletdude

Sep 13, 2008
147) Apparently paying a whore in a Saloon for good "company" meant just that, getting a bed to sleep in, no prostitution for my character :S

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Cid SilverWing said:
The_Oracle said:
Don't even start with your ad hominems. I did learn that from Fallout 3. Everyone was into the game, so I bought it to see what it was like, and just like Oblivion it too was shit.
Ahaha, wait, so, let's make sure I understand this.

Ad hominems are terrible, but arrogantly stating that your opinion is the be-all and end-all of the discussion, is.... Super happy fun times?

axelspitfire

Jun 21, 2009
147) Hacking has become a hard game of mastermind... except with letters.
148) Alien technology is exstremely easy to use.
149) Guardian Angels wear top hats and carry revolvers to aid your killing sprees

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
150) Broke a bone? USE A STIMPACK! Broke a limb? USE A STIMPACK!

151) You don't really need to eat or drink, it will only give you radiation.

152) You're father is a d**k, yet he dies heroicly

153) Never EVER use a simulator! it'll turn you into a spy or a little boy!

154) Everyone's crouch is made of steel, damage their is a minimum.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Laughing Man said:
That Oblivion was the better of the two!
Oblivion is not a Fallout game. Just because they're very similar doesn't make them alike. Oblivion was a fantasy RPG. Fallout 3 is an RPG/shooter hybrid.
sim·i·lar (sm-lr)
adj.
1. Related in appearance or nature; alike though not identical.

I put it in bold for effect.

OT:

Green screens are superior to colour displays.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
156) Beware of the magical glitching flying bus.
157) Ron Pearlman: Most negative narrator ever.
158) If you slaughter an entire town to have fun, it's evil. But if you slaughter an entire town to stop a madman, it's good.