Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get The Resident Evil 6 Demo

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Buy Dragon's Dogma, Get The Resident Evil 6 Demo

Capcom's willing to let you check out Resident Evil 6 early, but only if you shell out for a copy of Dragon's Dogma.

<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-6-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXLQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328043468&sr=8-1>Resident Evil 6 isn't due out until November, but the publisher's willing to let you play a demo ahead of time. How? Well, you'll have to buy Capcom's other much-hyped game, <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Dogma-sony-playstation3/dp/B002I0J6KU/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1328044029&sr=1-1>Dragon's Dogma.

Each retail copy of Dragon's Dogma will include a code that can be redeemed for an early demo of Resident Evil 6. Now, the official release date for the PSN demo is September 4th in North America (September 5th in Europe), but Xbox Live users will be able to redeem said code for the demo on July 3rd. Exactly why XBLA users are getting the game so far ahead of their PSN brethren hasn't been explained. Additionally, it's not obvious right now if Capcom's planning to give the demo a regular release.

Capcom's got a lot riding on Dragon's Dogma, unsurprising since the game was being developed by the publisher's largest development team ever (<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115502-Resident-Evil-6-Is-Capcoms-Biggest-Game-Yet>until Resident Evil 6 got a bigger team, that is). As a result, Capcom is hoping to sell at least 1.5 million copies of the game worldwide, which is a tall order for a brand new game IP. As a result, it makes a certain amount of sense that the demo's being used as the lure to tempt more gamers into open their wallets.

Also, pre-ordering the game from different retailers will net different in-game rewards. GameStop has a "Pawn Upgrade Pack" that will let you rent more powerful AI companions to help you on your quests. Best Buy, meanwhile, has the "Armor Upgrade Pack" and Amazon is offering the "Weapon Upgrade Pack." According to Capcom, these pre-order bonuses "will deliver higher level armor and weapons respectively giving players a real advantage when tackling the toughest of enemies."

Dragon's Dogma is due out on May 22nd in North America and May 25th in Europe.

Source: Siliconera

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Wasn't the same thing done years ago with Zone of the Enders coming with a demo of Metal Gear Solid 2?

.....I feel old now.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Don't think I'll bother, I've yet to see a preview of Dragon's Dogma that says anything else than it's awful.

anthony87 said:
.....I feel old now.
Wanna feel really old?

They did that eleven years ago.

Wanna feel really really old?

I first excitedly watched that trailer for MGS2 after getting it attached to a magazine...

... on VHS, twelve years ago.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well if i have to pick one game to buy this year for better or for worse i might as well make it Dragons Dogma. After all its directors of two of my fovorite hack n' slash's making a A-RPG in the vein of my favorite A-RPG.

Hopefully it will do better than the last game i bought under that criteria, Duke Nukem Forever.

Also, why do alot of Capcom's upcoming games come with preorder bonuses to make the game easier? I dont buy Capcom games because theyre easy, thats like buying a Final Fantasy game for its gameplay.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
.... I hadn't even heard of Dragon's Dogma until now :\

Advertising fail or just me fail?

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
The preordering thing makes me mad, but I'll live with that. Dragons Dogma is looking like a good game so far and that's saying much because I'm not exactly a fan of capcoms. I might just check the RE6 Demo out.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I played Dragons Dogma at Comicon, and maybe it was just the environments but it didn't seem like that good of a game. I need to read more about that though. Only the 360 though, ugh. These guys don't want to sell this game, it's so stupid to do that.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
vrbtny said:

Probably advertising fail, until now the Capcom blog hasnt really come forward with many details on the game other than its initial plot, character classes and the AI allies thing.

Baresark said:
I played Dragons Dogma at Comicon, and maybe it was just the environments but it didn't seem like that good of a game. I need to read more about that though. Only the 360 though, ugh. These guys don't want to sell this game, it's so stupid to do that.
The Capcom-unity blog [http://www.capcom-unity.com/go/network/blog] is starting to roll out details on the game, so far its included the info in the OP, a full trailer, infomation on two of the selectable classes and a promise of more to come.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
vrbtny said:

It's not just you.
I'm a huge dragon-nut, and this is the first I've heard ANYTHING out of the game since it was previewed back at Comicon...and even that I didn't get to see; one of my friends simply mentioned it in passing when he got back.

At first, I thought it might FINALLY be a Breath of Fire title, or spinoff thereof.
But the article states it's a brand new IP; no complaints there, though this does mean it will have to make a pretty big impact on launch to survive.

As for RE6...I don't give a toss. I never got involved in Resident Evil, only played RE3 and I thought that game was mostly terrible.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
vrbtny said:

Hard to say, I heard about it the first time now, though I wonder if I have heard the name and simply forgot about it. From what I see it looks pretty neat though.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
You want my responce Capcom? Fuck off, I'm not wasting my money on somthing that seems to be a over mainstreamed RE.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I hadn't even heard of this game, but now I'm interested. Not for RE6, but because it looks like it could be okay. :)