It's Multiplayer Mayhem in Syndicate Demo Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
It's Multiplayer Mayhem in Syndicate Demo Trailer

A trailer showing off the features of the Syndicate multiplayer demo that launched today is now blasting its way across the tubes.

Curious what's in store in the multiplayer Syndicate demo that hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 today? The Four-Player Co-Op Briefing video lays it all out: the value of the Dart 6 chip, the many ways to "breach" and the need to keep your co-workers alive. "Four guns are better than one," explains Syndicate Producer Ben O'Donnell, "and if you're not healing them, nobody's going to be around to heal you."

The video shows off a few of the Dart chip's other abilities, like causing weapon backfires and letting players see behind walls. The game will include a number of preset loadouts for different styles of play, but chips, weapons and breach apps will all be configurable. Online leaderboards will keep track of players as they climb the corporate ladder and earn the upgrade points needed to get the job done, and of course copious amounts of bullets will fly and stuff will blow up.

I'm not really clear about why, but the Syndicate multiplayer demo is a console exclusive despite the fact that the game is coming out on the PC as well. I was irked by the slight, until it occurred to me that I could just pop over to GOG [http://www.gog.com/gamecard/syndicate] and score the original Syndicate for six bucks. I'd say that balances the scales pretty well.

Syndicate comes out on February 21 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
played the demo with a friend quite fun and can get difficult. 4 player co-op should also be a blast.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Still deciding whether or not I should get this or wait, Gamersgate is doing a prepurchase for 54 dollars.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
So far really enjoying the demo played it with a few people today. As a fan of the original syndicate I'd love a syndicate game that was in similar style. This will do for now though. One other concern I have is that there was no single player in the demo. Due to the campaign being my primary focus I would have loved to try it out.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Holey Flying Monkeys! They have a british dude presenting!

Also.

Holy crud, is this thing out soon? It totally slipped under my radar.

Also.

Oh, shit. Dubstep Video Game advert.

Also.

Looks exactly like Crysis 2.

risenbone

Sep 3, 2010
My biggest concern with this game is this is how EA wants business to be done in the future. Oh and EA didn't make the original they bought and dismantled Bullfrog who made the original game and quite a few other gems of the past.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I've never even heard of the original.

Worth checking out a demo for, though. I always love a good co-op game. More so than good multiplayer, even. Combine this with the fantastic looking co-op in Mass Effect 3 and it may be awhile before I play competitive online matchmaking for some time.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
So I tried the demo, despite wanting it for PC. I can't decide if it's any good or not, seeing as the first game I played my team mates were retards and got themselves killed very close to the beginning despite my best efforts to revive them. Also P2P online is shit. I wanted to try and contact someone to ask why there was no PC demo, but it seems that there's no forums for the game.

Edit, Found the starbreeze forums.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
I never got the lack of PC demos thing. Releasing a demo in almost every instance = more sales. There's no reason not to do it. Also, since the majority of the franchise's fanbase are PC gamers, you'd think it would make even more sense. Not happy, EA. Not happy at all.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
So it's a CoD with some neon flashy shit, "apps", wall hacks, and a soundtrack them no good kids like *shakes fist*
Makes you wonder what demographic this was made for...

Feb 13, 2008
Mr.K. said:
So it's a CoD with some neon flashy shit, "apps", wall hacks, and a soundtrack them no good kids like *shakes fist*
Makes you wonder what demographic this was made for...
I think you've just answered your own question.

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
Maybe living under a rock isn't the best way to stay updated but when did Syndicate become an FPS? Does this franchise share the same fate as Xcom?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Not played it yet, but can you update your characters body parts? Legs, arms etc? Or is it just the chip? Also, is there a mini-gun, nothing like having your four guys running around with miniguns. Good times.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Ninedeus said:
Maybe living under a rock isn't the best way to stay updated but when did Syndicate become an FPS? Does this franchise share the same fate as Xcom?
September last year.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112938-Syndicate-Remake-Revealed-as-a-Shooter-UPDATED [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112938-Syndicate-Remake-Revealed-as-a-Shooter-UPDATED]

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
From what I have played of it yesterday, it was pretty fun. I played it with two separate friends at two separate times, but even with only two people it wasn't that bad. It took till the third playthrough to figure out how to use grenades however.

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
is it just me or is this subtly felt like Battlefield 2142-2 ? Of course outside of the hacking ability that is. Still it does hook me interested.