Simpsons Arcade Game Coming To Consoles This Week

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Simpsons Arcade Game Coming To Consoles This Week

Get ready to help Marge Simpson rescue Maggie from Mister Smithers, all over agin.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, Konami's beat-em-up games ruled the arcades. The publisher's finally clued in to the fact that a lot of people miss those titles and are willing to pay good money for them. In late 2010, we got the X-Men Arcade Game (<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8538-Review-X-Men-Arcade>for better or worse). Now, Konami is putting The Simpsons Arcade Game onto consoles within the next few days.

The Simpsons Arcade Game is coming out for Xbox Live Arcade on Friday (February 3rd). It will arrive on the PlayStation Network next week on Tuesday (February 7th). The game will carry a price tag of 800 MS Points ($9.99). It is, however, set to be free for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

I'm not going to lie, this is a bit tempting. I easily spent $10 on that game when I was a little kid. Maybe that's why my grades were so terrible in middle school ...

Source: <a href=http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/01/simpsons-psn.aspx>GameInformer

Feb 13, 2008
If it's gonna be a 4 man Arcade game, then it really should be TMNHT.

Simpsons was developed by a Japanese branch that really didn't get what the Simpsons is about...

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:

Simpsons was developed by a Japanese branch that really didn't get what the Simpsons is about...
It was still brilliant.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008

...which is exactly what makes this game so brilliant. Smithers throwing Bombs. Moe's Tavern being ENORMOUS. That image above of the Burns Bot. It's so brilliantly bad =)

Feb 13, 2008
Grey Carter said:

It was still brilliant.
I'm not denying that. I'm just saying Turtles was better.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Between the promise of Castle Crashers and this, i may finally sign up for PSN+.

Seriously this is the only game i remember enjoying before i turned 10, i still have PS1 classics, but they did not age well.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I wasted so many pound coins on this game, I will probably buy this when it gets released, bring on the nostalgia trip!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
It may be awesome for a bit of nostalgia tripness, although I liked Capcom's beat 'em ups better (WHY U NO BRING Aliens vs Predator [http://youtu.be/Hh1XGAYSho4]!??).

Although, The Simpsons Arcade suffers from the same "nostalgia-itis" that the X-Men arcade had, awesome back in the day (I loved to play the 6 man version :D), but nowadays, it just didn't aged well, also, Smithers kidnapping Maggie!??...

Dec 14, 2009
Oh man, every time I went to the seaside, this was always the first game I headed for at the arcades.

May have to pick this up.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I REMEMBER THIS!

It was at the airport in the nearest city to me! I never did play it because I only saw it when we were sending my sister off to university. Always wanted to try it though.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I'm really tempted by this.
I have no idea how much money I fed into that game when on holiday as a kid. (It was probably too much... I remember putting nearly £5 in on one run between me and a few friends. Good times...)

him over there

Dec 17, 2011

This was the highlight of my day whenever it was around. 4 players is the only way it should ever be done though, hopefully they mod in some online or I have to get more controllers.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
They... they're actually doing this? I'm not dreaming?!

So many Rainbow Dash clips I could play here... but I think I'll go with this one:

I have been hoping this would happen for SO DAMN LONG. One my favorite Beat-em-ups ever. I can never resist playing it whenever I come across an arcade machine of this game, even to this day.

*marks the 7th on my calendar*

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I remember frequenting a laundromat that had a Simpsons arcade machine when I was a kid, played that thing to death, but I really wish it where also on Steam, I don't really trust PSN anymore...