Newlywed Nerds Dance to "The Dragonborn Comes"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Newlywed Nerds Dance to "The Dragonborn Comes"

A pair of newlywed nerds chose Skyrim's "The Dragonborn Comes" as the music for their first dance together as husband and wife.

The first dance of a new husband and wife is symbolic of a number of things, none of which seem particularly relevant in this day and age. So instead, couples now treat it as a sort of one-shot radio request line that everyone listening to has to pretend to like, at least until enough time has passed that they can say, "Wow, dude, remember when you danced to that hilariously bad song at your wedding?"

Which isn't to say that Malukah's cover [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g&feature=youtu.be] of the Skyrim bard song "The Dragonborn Comes" is bad, because it is in fact quite good. But as a wedding song? It's lovely, but I'm not sure what "the power of the ancient Nord art" has to do with the institution of marriage or the standard declarations of undying love that usually accompany these moments.

Not that I'm one to judge; I've been to a few weddings where the first dance was set to "Love of a Lifetime [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ETENrv8cnU&ob=av2e]," so believe me, it can get a lot worse than this.

Source: Geekologie [http://www.geekologie.com/2012/02/newlyweds-first-dance-to-the-dragonborn.php]

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Hm, not something I would choose myself, but for God's sake it's THEIR wedding! If they like it, then who are we to tell them otherwise?

Sep 14, 2009
Mr Cwtchy said:
Hm, not something I would choose myself, but for God's sake it's THEIR wedding! If they like it, then who are we to tell them otherwise?
this.

if it really bugs you that badly, then you have some major patience problems people, it's their wedding, and their song, just chill out and live it up for em.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Speaking as someone on his second marriage I have come to believe High Way to Hell is more appropriate music for a wedding

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
There are permeations of nerd culture that just make me shake my head and sigh disdainfully.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Well, props to the newlywed nerds! However, I have less approval towards their choice in songs.

That's their deal though, and I wish them a long and happy marriage!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
No this simply doesn't work because it's not a dancing song, and that was painful to watch.
I get it if you want a nerdy thing at your wedding but put a slight bit of thought behind it, you are making us all look bad :p

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
This just in! New wedding couple dances to the beat of the Super Mario Brothers song from the TV series!

Just kidding.

I agree the song is amazing but as a wedding song... Unless you are from a Celtic background. Doesn't match well.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Why not go with MoS "Sovngarde Song"?
At least all the guests could have moshed when it speeds up!