Asura's Wrath DLC Features Clever Capcom Cameo

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Asura's Wrath DLC Features Clever Capcom Cameo

No, it's not Mega Man. Capcom hates that dude.

Asura's Wrath, a new Capcom property that blends stylized, over-the-top fisticuffs with equally stylized allusions to Eastern mythology, hits shelves next week, but apparently the company just couldn't wait to drop hints about the title's upcoming downloadable content.

And by "hints," I mean "a screenshot depicting the protagonist squaring off against Street Fighter icon Ryu." The image in question can be seen embedded at top-right, and as you'll likely notice, the company has put a hilariously meticulous amount of work into creating a special stage that appears to have been ripped straight out of Street Fighter IV. Those life bars? Ryu's super meter? The timer? None of that is present in Asura's Wrath normally, but this DLC is all about loving homage.

Speaking of which, I just noticed that statue in the background. Wanna bet that thing is a nod to the stone Buddha in the classic Thailand stage from Street Fighter II?

Anyway, the bad news is that we have no real idea when this DLC is going to be released. Capcom dropped that screenshot, then sorta walked away, whistling innocently and hoping we fans would be worked into a lather by the presence of the world's most famous fighting game character.

Hopefully the company will offer further info sooner, rather than later.

Source: IGN [http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218970p1.html]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well, maybe they decided that instead of adding extra DLC story theyre just going to add fun things. I like that idea.

Earnest Cavalli said:
Anyway, the bad news is that we have no real idea when this DLC is going to be released.
I first saw this on EventHubs, and according to them its coming to NA on the 21st and Japan on 23rd.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
gigastar said:
I first saw this on EventHubs, and according to them its coming to NA on the 21st and Japan on 23rd.
I heard that too, but then I looked into the whole thing and couldn't find any evidence of Capcom ever actually confirming that the DLC would go live the same day as the game's launch.

It's possible that the DLC would be available then, but we don't actually know that for sure.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, that`s rather cool, i gotta admit. But can`t this be the other way around, that it`s DLC for a street fighter game? I haven´t played any in ages so i wouldn`t recognize the graphics or the HUD, or whatnot. So basically, odds are I´m making no sense at all at the moment. And i guess that opinion really wouldn`t make any sense at all...But if it is indeed what it is, then, well, it`s just plain awesome.