Amazon Slices And Dices The Witcher 2's Price Tag

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Amazon Slices And Dices The Witcher 2's Price Tag

If you've been waiting to pick up The Witcher 2 on PC, the game's been severely discounted on Amazon.

While getting an inexpensive copy of The Witcher is pretty easy to accomplish these days, discounts on The Witcher 2 are a little harder to come by. Normally, the game sells for $39.99, but Amazon's got it on sale today (provided you're willing to go with the digital download option) for $14.99.

Now, the downloadable copy of the game will include digital versions of the various materials that came with physical copies of the game. That includes a "making of" digital DVD, digital soundtrack, digital papercraft dolls, as well as a digital worldmap and game guide.

Physical copies of the game are still selling for $39.99, and Amazon is also taking pre-orders for <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-Assassins-Kings-Enhanced-Xbox-360/dp/B006GHA8EE/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329773151&sr=1-1>the Xbox 360 version of the game, which is due out on April 17th and comes with a digital comic as a pre-order bonus.

Source: <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-2-Assassins-Kings-Pc/dp/B003VJNPPE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329765861&sr=8-3>Amazon

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
The Witcher 2 is an excellent game. I can't wait for the free DLC they are giving people who own the PC version on April 17th. Hopefully the console version sells well to get even more fans into The Witcher series.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Ive been bugging them (Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop) about the dark edition and Amazon told me not only do they plan to meet msrp ($79.99) they intend to beat it unlike best buy and gamestop who have it listed at $99.99

Edit: Gamestop responded this afternoon basically claiming that it is their right to charge $99.99. So I'll just have to claim my right to spreading word of their continued sleaze and try to find a different retailer that won't try to pocket an extra $20.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Looks like a great deal; if I hadn't already bought Witcher 2 a few days after release, I'd totally get it!

vrbtny said:
Again, USA only.

UK gets shafted on this...
Why do you non-Americans always get screwed? Is it more expensive to let someone in another country download from Amazon or Steam servers?

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
vrbtny said:
Again, USA only.

Don't forget Canada. We're literally next door and we can't get the download...
Good point. I didn't state it because I didn't know. Really sucks for you....

You should totally sneak across the border with a laptop and connect to the internet and download the game. Then return to Canada and play cheaper games!!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
vrbtny said:

You should totally sneak across the border with a laptop and connect to the internet and download the game. Then return to Canada and play cheaper games!!
That would cost me more money in gas than it would for me to buy it on steam at full price.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Buy it, play it, don't be a pussy whilst playing it (you will get better), love it.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Waaghpowa said:
vrbtny said:

That would cost me more money in gas than it would for me to buy it on steam at full price.
'K. That scheme was kinda reliant on you living on the border....

Now I need to think of a new one....

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
hightide said:
I heard they patched the beginning to make it better, can anyone confirm this?
A standalone tutorial section marking another of Dandelion's tales about Geralt acts as a way to both teach you the mechanics in a less crazy environment, as well as provide another story in the universe.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
vrbtny said:
Again, USA only.

To be honest though, we don't get screwed as much as the Aussies! It probably hasn't even been released there yet! :p

It does suck though! Fuck region locking, it just sucks! That's why I like DS games (wel... no the 3D ones, they are locked!)!!

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
It does suck though! Fuck region locking, it just sucks! That's why I like DS games (wel... no the 3D ones, they are locked!)!!
The issue isn't region locking, they just don't allow downloads from their servers outside the US. Some TV stations wont stream their shows to anyone with an IP that isn't American. Quite irritating.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
hightide said:
I heard they patched the beginning to make it better, can anyone confirm this?
Yes they have, although I played through the whole game before they made any significant changes and couldn't understand what people were whining about.

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
vrbtny said:
Again, USA only.

You can't? Are you sure? I am in Mexico and can buy it. But I'll wait for the inevitable steam sale soon, don't have any rush, will be a similar price and I would rather only have to use BNet and Steam for all my gaming needs (that's also why I don't touch GoG, a shame that one).

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
The issue isn't region locking, they just don't allow downloads from their servers outside the US. Some TV stations wont stream their shows to anyone with an IP that isn't American. Quite irritating.
Apologies, I was more refering to us just being shafted, rather than this particular issue, but I know what you mean! I am deployed with the military at the mo, which means I can now not view any BBC programmes on the iPlayer, and all my BBC Radio podcasts are now 13 second clips telling me sorry but I cannot view that content for my country... It's infuriating!!

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
Tunneling and proxing my friend. Of course that you need to either pay for the service, have a terminal there or ask a friend that lives there to let you use his computer as a proxy.