Stock Up On Undead Repellant At The Zombie Apocalypse Store

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Stock Up On Undead Repellant At The Zombie Apocalypse Store

Emergency kits? Check. Zombie ammo? Check. World War Z? Check. Yup, this zombie store has everything you'll need to ride out the undead apocalypse.

Next time you need some emergency supplies, you might want to head on over to the Zombie Apocalypse Store in (where else?) Las Vegas. Woot.com's Travels With Woot video podcast recently spent some time at the shop and it looks like the perfect place to shop for both George Romero fans and folks who just want to be prepared for a possible disaster.

Not only can you pick up things like Grab N Go kits and water filters, but you can also snag DVDs, T-shirts, and <a href=http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax>that strange zombie-specific ammunition made by Hornady. The video of the store makes it look like an absolute scream to visit, and it seems like there's something here for just about everyone. I was particularly impressed by the bleeding zombie gun range targets.

Now, if you can't make it to the store in person, there's an official website that has a digital storefront with a pretty wide range of items to peruse. If you can manage a real world visit, though, do me a favor: Figure out what the dinosaur on the roof of the building has to do with fighting zombies, will you?

Source: <a href=http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=21789>Woot

Feb 13, 2008
vansau said:
Figure out what the dinosaur on the roof of the building has to do with fighting zombies, will you?
I believe Harry Dresden would be involved there. I'll say no more in case of spoilers.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
vansau said:
Figure out what the dinosaur on the roof of the building has to do with fighting zombies, will you?
I believe Harry Dresden would be involved there. I'll say no more in case of spoilers.
You, sir, win several nerd points. That was such an epic moment in the series.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
What does a Tiki head got to do with a zombie apoalypse?

Shame that I lived in another country otherwise when it does happen, that will be one of the first places I will visit first to raid the stuff (unless the employee are still alive to guard it or already got raided when I arrived).

Feb 13, 2008
vansau said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
vansau said:
You, sir, win several nerd points. That was such an epic moment in the series.
It was one of those moments where you just go "Oh, you mean that means ...Oh! My! God!" I love it when books lead you up to the truth by the back way and then throw open the door.

(If you don't know what I mean, read The Dresden Files :) )

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Scarim Coral said:

Shame that I lived in another country otherwise when it does happen, that will be one of the first places I will visit first to raid the stuff (unless the employee are still alive to guard it or already got raided when I arrived).
I'm not too sure. Maybe it's a voodoo thing, since the religion's been linked with zombies?

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Brains brains brains, brains brains
Brains brains brains brains brains, brains brains
Artificial hip

[small]-A Zombie Haiku[/small]

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Hornady... If memory serves, they specialize in making ammo for sharpshooting events. I guess now they're the makers of the first anti-zombie rounds. whodathunk?

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Scarim Coral said:

I believe the voodoo masks are a call back to the actual origin of both the word and the idea of a 'Zombie' as we know it today. I'll throw a wikipedia[/url link at you because I'm lazy like that, but the basis is that zombies actually do exist, there are drugs, employed by voodoo witch doctors, that can basically turn you into a mindless husk.

On topic though, why can't my country have anything this cool? No, wait.. bad idea, I'm already -terrible- at saving money, this would -not- help, at all!

I think I saw cane swords in that vid.... I waaaaaannnnntt.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
See now the thing is that IF a zombie apocalypse happens, those paranoid freaks suddenly become frickin' heroes who know what the fuck to do and the rest of us...well we're pissing our pants and getting eaten!

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
lol, looks like a fun place to stop for an hour if I were in the area. Too bad it's all the way in California. I wonder how the zombie-themed bullets differ from regular bullets though :O

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Well, this is an odd duck of a store. Emergency rations for you and your dog, pink stun guns, and t-shirts with blood splatter packs hidden inside. It's a niche store that's trying to appeal to several different demographics at the same time. And located in Las Vegas to boot.

Makes me wanna open up a combination jewelry store and lumber deopt. "Fellas, you know what'll impress your wife more than a new ring? Refinishing the back porch like you said you would for the past five years. Either way, we're here to help."

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Screamarie said:
See now the thing is that IF a zombie apocalypse happens, those paranoid freaks suddenly become frickin' heroes who know what the fuck to do and the rest of us...well we're pissing our pants and getting eaten!
thing is though a real zombie scenario might not actually be like the movies...

then all of a sudden the plan goes out the window

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Screamarie said:
Pft, they'd be the ones terribly disappointed when it turns out that zombies do impress military personnel in attack helicopters and IFVs.

I like the zombie ammo they have to say over and over isn't a toy. But...you can only shoot zombies with it? That means you won't have to go back and buy more until zombies actually turn up...bad business sense, that.

maddog015

Sep 12, 2008
I thought it was a gag when I drove by it last week on vacation out in Vegas. Guess not.