BioWare Unveils Full-Length "Take Earth Back" Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
BioWare Unveils Full-Length "Take Earth Back" Trailer

The Reapers are here, and so is the full length Mass Effect 3 "Take Earth Back" cinematic extendo-trailer!

You don't have to be Kreskin to figure out that the Reapers aren't just popping over to see how we're doing after all that nastiness with the Turians a few years back. They're here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and they're all outta bubblegum! (Fortunately the supply of little girls playing in the grass seems pretty solid.)

Also fortunate is the presence of Commander Shepard, the intrepid gunslinger from outer space. He's on the scene and boy oh boy, he's not happy! Luckily for the future of humanity, he brought along more than just his lady friend; he's also got a couple armored regiments, a fleet of air support and a whole bunch of mean-lookin' dudes just spoiling for a fight. And then the Mancubus shows up! And the Commander leaps into everyone's line of fire, so he can clean house with the most awesome Superman punch ever! Because this is personal, baby!

Okay, yes, the trailer was a little over-the-top for my tastes, but I suppose that when you get down to it, the destruction of the Earth is pretty serious business. All jokes aside, there aren't many games I'm looking forward to more than this one. Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329853817&sr=8-1] comes out on March 6 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Thread ninja'd by [user]shado_temple[/user]
shado_temple said:
They released a new version of this trailer, with about 90 more seconds of footage.

<youtube=eBktyyaV9LY>

Personally, I thought it was a great improvement over the previous one (just seems to have a bit less jarring of cuts).

OT: I liked this trailer much better than the two shorter versions I have seen. The buildup was much better.

Ash still bothers me though.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Guys I found proff that not everyone on youtube is a complete moron
From the comemnts section
2 millions sun flowers dead in the first day.another 7&#65279; million by the end of the first week. all our farmers on the run. if shepard doesnt bring help soon there wont be a plant to save
It's funny because it's changing the words of the original teaser.

PingoBlack

Searching for common sense ...
Aug 6, 2011
So Mass Effect 3 gets Michael Bay treatment the same day I saw new The Big Picture episode ...

Its a good day for Michael Bay. :)

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
My interest is rekindled, too bad Asura's Wrath comes out on the same day in the UK, or i might have made it a first day purchase.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
PingoBlack said:
So Mass Effect 3 gets Michael Bay treatment the same day I saw new The Big Picture episode ...

Its a good day for Michael Bay. :)
I really don't get why people keep saying this?

Yes, there is now a war going on, it is cinematic. That makes it Michael bay? Come on, did we want the reapers to land boringly, occasionally shoot something, and have characters yell "HOLY SHIT THE WORLDS ENDING" because if that happened all I would've said was "You sure about that?"

OT: Nice trailer, the opening especially with the reapers landing. Although the Alliance soldier one handing the shotgun annoyed me a bit.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
So it's kinda like what Halo 2 was supposed to be about... except it's awesome this time because Microsoft isn't tampering with the story to bleed an extra sequel out of it.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Let me get my brain from behind my chair.

Ah, there. Why does it have to all be about the damn humans? Thank goodness that ME3 is only book-ended by Earth, with cool alien stuff in between.

Apr 28, 2008
WhiteTigerShiro said:
So it's kinda like what Halo 2 was supposed to be about... except it's awesome this time because Microsoft isn't tampering with the story to bleed an extra sequel out of it.
I get more of a Halo 3 vibe. "Finish the fight" and all that.

TheBlueShotgun0

Dec 20, 2011
gee666 said:
realy like the music at the start anyone know who did it?
Its "After the Fall" by 2 Steps from Hell. They do a lot of trailer music, and its generally pretty epic.
OP: I really like this trailer. The original was awesome, and the bonus scenes only make it better.

Telasro

Apr 29, 2010
gee666 said:
realy like the music at the start anyone know who did it?
The band is Two Steps From Hell, song in the second half is Black Blade, name of the first song eludes me but it's from the same band.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Nifty.

Also, I loved the bit where the Normandy was flying with the fleet of Alliance ships. That was very cool.

Although, I've gotta say... it's been three years since they shipped the Prototype. Where is the rest of the SR series? Shouldn't they be mass producing these Normandy-type ships by now? They're fast enough to dodge Reaper attacks (as demonstrated in ME1 and possibly ME2 with the late-game collector ship battle), and powerful enough to deal damage to Reaper ships (particularly if you got the prototype Turian gun that was based on Sovereign's gun).

What I really want to see is the Normandy leading a whole fleet of SR frigates. ^^

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
This is defiantly better than the short ones. also.......

Is it just me or did anyone else's nipples get hard?

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Bara_no_Hime said:
Nifty.

Also, I loved the bit where the Normandy was flying with the fleet of Alliance ships. That was very cool.

Although, I've gotta say... it's been three years since they shipped the Prototype. Where is the rest of the SR series? Shouldn't they be mass producing these Normandy-type ships by now? They're fast enough to dodge Reaper attacks (as demonstrated in ME1 and possibly ME2 with the late-game collector ship battle), and powerful enough to deal damage to Reaper ships (particularly if you got the prototype Turian gun that was based on Sovereign's gun).

What I really want to see is the Normandy leading a whole fleet of SR frigates. ^^
Well the reason was is that the cost of Normandy was tremendous compared to that of even the Alliances largest ship.

Dec 14, 2009
Like I said in another thread, it's a resounding 'meh' from me.

It didn't make me as nearly excited for ME3 than the trailer they did for ME2.

In fact, I actually prefer the very first trailer for ME3 over this one. You know the one, the sniper in Big Ben.