Capcom, Sega, Namco Bandai Join Forces

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom, Sega, Namco Bandai Join Forces

Three of the biggest names in gaming have come together to create a 3DS game. That's basically all we know.

What, did you not read the lede? Seriously, that's all we know!

Okay, okay, I suppose I should justify my paycheck somehow, so let's fill this block of text.

This scant hint of news comes courtesy a brief mention by Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata during this morning's Nintendo Direct event. As Mr. Iwata was speaking those baffling words, a teaser site appeared on the 'net featuring the official logos of all three developers (and the lesser known Banpresto), but little else.

Here, have a look [http://pxz.channel.or.jp/]. The site is in Japanese, but since it offers almost no useful information, you aren't missing much if you can't read Hiragana.

So boys and girls, what do we do when presented with a dearth of info? Wait patiently for further news? Of course not! We speculate wildly!

Alright, so based on Capcom's renewed love of all things virtual pugilism (and its massive success with Marvel Comics' properties), Namco Bandai's affection for stupid-huge robots and Sega's willingness to support the most ridiculous, poorly-planned ideas known to man, I'm going to assume that this is a 2D fighter featuring Marvel's superheroes piloting giant mechs against one another.

You laugh, but seriously guys, that's already a thing [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Morphs].

And then, at the end, they take turns kicking Mega Man in the head. Because, y'know, Capcom hates that dude.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Marvel vs Sega vs Namco vs Capcom?

Marvel is on that list because last time i checked Capcom still has the licence to make games with thier characters.

Still this will be one to watch, becuase it can either go terribly well or spectacularly wrong.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
my guess?

it'll be a game of some kind, involving some form of ass kicking.

oh, and the fan will ***** and moan because one or character another won't be in it

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Calling it now: America won't get it. Capcom and Nambai are both notorious for refusing to release.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Calling it now: America won't get it. Capcom and Nambai are both notorious for refusing to release.
They'll put Phoenix Wright in to seal the deal.

Lt. Rocky

Jan 4, 2012
Last time we had such a collaberation we got F-Zero GX, which was an incredible experience. It'll be interesting to see where this may go, assuming it gets shipped overseas.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Here, have a look [http://pxz.channel.or.jp/]. The site is in Japanese, but since it offers almost no useful information, you aren't missing much if you can't read Hiragana.
Actually, it's mostly Katakana, with only a little bit of Hiragana and Kanji.