Kojima Productions Opening California Studio

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Kojima Productions Opening California Studio

Uncle Hideo wants you! To make videogames!

Many U.S. gamers have dreamed of working for Hideo Kojima's studio, Kojima Productions. That dream's now gotten a little closer to reality, since the company has announced plans to open a studio here in California.

Senior Producer Kenichrio Imaizumi, who was <a href=https://twitter.com/#!/Ken1555/status/172164592468885504>on Twitter discussing a new brand manager position at the company, explained, "Yes, we plan to open a studio in CA. IF we can find the right people."

You'll also need "Japanese skill" in order to apply for this position. However, if you're going to be at GDC, happen to speak Japanese, and want to work at Kojima Productions, swing by booth 1914 at the career pavilion to apply.

Source: Joystiq

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Looks like Hideo has finally come up with a way of dumping Metal Gear onto someone else. By delegating the job to a fanboy, in this case.

Feb 13, 2008
Schwarzenegger and Yee Unapologetic for Failed Supreme Court Battle over banning games in California
followed by Hideo Kojima moving a game studio into California

Alanis, I think your moment has come.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I do love how in every Kojima article it's always the picture of him sitting on the duck. More on topic, I neither live in America or speak Japanese so unfortunately I'll miss out on working with Mr. Duck.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
vansau said:
You'll also need "Japanese skill" in order to apply for this position.
So love of spread sheets, teen angst and endless exposition, no drive to procreate unless it's with a love pillow, and an irrational drive to neglect American consumers?
Didn't you hear? It's the Revengeance of Kojima!

No seriously, what the fuck is this?

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
Freechoice said:
Didn't you hear? It's the Revengeance of Kojima!

No seriously, what the fuck is this?
My first tought was "OMG, you are shitting me, that MUST be photoshop"

Then after a quick google i realized this is an actual game...

Well, hopefully it will be better than it looks.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
How about no. That really doesn't seem like anybody's dream job, it wasn't even Kojima's for chrissakes, he hated it. The series is done. D, O, N, E, DONE!
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Andy Shandy said:
I do love how in every Kojima article it's always the picture of him sitting on the duck. More on topic, I neither live in America or speak Japanese so unfortunately I'll miss out on working with Mr. Duck.
(It really is a wonderful image. I personally never get tired of it.)

...ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooone!

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
Oh cool, now Mr. Child Soldier Fetish can sour the entire industry in two places rather than one. I can't even tell you how excited I am to see the magnum opus he's been waiting to dump onto an American team because his own team can't be bothered.

ClanCrusher

Constructive Critic
Mar 11, 2010
Someone got to it before I did, but I find it hilarious that this article appeared directly above the article titled "Schwarzenegger and Yee Unapologetic for Failed Supreme Court Battle." Perhaps it's all just a big coincidence, but I'd like to think that someone at the Escapist has a sense of irony.

Either that or Kojima is one of the most awesome trolls ever. After all, Metal Gear Solid 1-4 all proudly carried an M rating from the ESRB.