(Free) DLC Infiltrating Gotham City Impostors

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
(Free) DLC Infiltrating Gotham City Impostors

Not only are there new outfits and a new map incoming, but there's even a katana for you to take to a gun fight (which is way more effective than a knife).

Gamers have been embracing Gotham City Impostors since it was recently released. Developer Monolith, as a way of saying "thanks" for all the support, is putting out some free DLC for everyone to enjoy.

The free DLC pack has a little bit of everything. There are outfits for you to dress your impostor with - including Ninja and Luchador themes - a new level called "The 25th Floor" and a bunch of new weapons. The weapons are actually pretty substantial: There's a gas trap that requires you to eat some beans and then fart out a toxic cloud, a pistol that can be modded into a full-auto handgun, and a katana that can also deflect bullets (meaning it can be used to get you up close and personal with an enemy and then cut them down).

The DLC should already be available on XBLA today, but a release date for PC and PS3 has yet to be announced. Hopefully it'll be soon.

Source: <a href=http://www.gothamcityimpostors.com/home/item/441-dlc-release-update>Gotham City Impostors

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Always good to see some free DLC.
But I can only see that Katana being ridiculously OP.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Y'know... I wasn't going to get this game originally when it was announced, then the beta was released and my wife downloaded it on PS3.
Ever since I've been playing it. I love this game and the free DLC is just another reason to love it.
Sure its derivative of the CoD Modern Warfare series, but it doesn't take itself seriously and is a lot of fun to play. And the custom classes aren't OP at all. I just wish they'd allow players to jump in games that are unbalanced. Other than that great game.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Looks fun. Seems to be a bit like Team Fortress 2. Is it?

Also, their new fart weapon made me realize that there is a bunch of games that have farts incorporated in them.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Trust me, its not. Its very easy if you attack them from around the stomach down.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
This is the only FPS out there that I bought as soon as it came out, right after buying the demo. It's nice to see a chill FPS game out there, one that doesn't take itself very seriously and still manages to be fun.

I've been begging for a game like for years, but people kept thinking I was asking for a game that made fun of war. No, THIS is what I meant.

So I'd like to take a moment to point out WB games stole my idea. From inside my head. So you're welcome, world.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOL-

*Ahem*

It's great to see that the developers are giving the fans constant support and free content.

Wait, hold that thought, I think I'll boot up the PS3 and play a few more rounds.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I wonder if that fix to make the matchmaking not completely worthless is gonna be there?

henritje said:
this game looks awesome is it on steam?
It is on Steam, but it used GFWL to do the matchmaking, which last time I checked was completely broken. Damn shame, I wanna play this really bad.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
WanderingFool said:
hazabaza1 said:
Trust me, its not. Its very easy if you attack them from around the stomach down.
Well, maybe for a skilled player it's easy, to be honest I tend to think this weapon is going to be death to scrubs and cause a lot of them to quit the game in frustration rather than sticking with it to learn now to be scrubs.

It seems to me that they are acheiving a substantial amount of success with this underdog of a product, but are going to ruin it before it even really hits it's stride. The game already apparently had balance issues and this pack seems like dropping fuel onto the fire.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Now all they need to do is add a standing game lobby so it's easier to manage a party. And then it'd be even better.

Therumancer said:
WanderingFool said:
hazabaza1 said:
Well, maybe for a skilled player it's easy, to be honest I tend to think this weapon is going to be death to scrubs and cause a lot of them to quit the game in frustration rather than sticking with it to learn now to be scrubs.

It seems to me that they are acheiving a substantial amount of success with this underdog of a product, but are going to ruin it before it even really hits it's stride. The game already apparently had balance issues and this pack seems like dropping fuel onto the fire.
Not sure where the balance issues are...but I'm fairly sure the katana is one of them close range weapons. Easily countered by shotguns, assault rifles, heavy weapons and the hatchet. And maybe the impact explosive.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Thyunda said:
Now all they need to do is add a standing game lobby so it's easier to manage a party. And then it'd be even better.

Therumancer said:
WanderingFool said:
hazabaza1 said:

Not sure where the balance issues are...but I'm fairly sure the katana is one of them close range weapons. Easily countered by shotguns, assault rifles, heavy weapons and the hatchet. And maybe the impact explosive.
It deflects bullets. A guy with a Katana can ignore gun fire from the front and run into melee for really high damage kills. The point being made is that the bullet protection only affects the head/torso and someone could switch to the lower body regions to shoot someone running at them with the Katana, my point is that while for some players that might be easy I don't think it's going to be the case for the run of the mill players.

Now yes, your probably correct that there are situational weapons that can trump it, but there is the big question as to how often someone is going to have those weapons handy. In a game like this you can't always be prepared in case someone has the katana.

Basically bullet deflection of that sort really probably shouldn't be in the game. If it works it's OP, if it doesn't work it's pointless and they might as well not have bothered. It's an all or nothing situation. From what we've seen this appears to be more in the game busting catagory.

Oddly it seems to me that they took the idea from EYE: Divine Cybermancy, where yes... it does make melee overpowering through a lot of the game. It tends to work largely because the game is first and foremost a single player affair with the multi-player being kind of a wonky affair that causes as much trouble as it solves (200 player co-op and stuff like that that exists largely "because we could do it").

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Looks like i'll be saving up my costume coins and unlock points. I'll be getting the pistol, Katana, toxic gas. Too bad nimble fingers is a fun fact 1 one though, if it was a fun fact 2, it would have made my stealth character complete because I could have nimble fingers and wallflower.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Therumancer said:
Thyunda said:

Therumancer said:
WanderingFool said:
hazabaza1 said:

It deflects bullets. A guy with a Katana can ignore gun fire from the front and run into melee for really high damage kills. The point being made is that the bullet protection only affects the head/torso and someone could switch to the lower body regions to shoot someone running at them with the Katana, my point is that while for some players that might be easy I don't think it's going to be the case for the run of the mill players.

Now yes, your probably correct that there are situational weapons that can trump it, but there is the big question as to how often someone is going to have those weapons handy. In a game like this you can't always be prepared in case someone has the katana.

Basically bullet deflection of that sort really probably shouldn't be in the game. If it works it's OP, if it doesn't work it's pointless and they might as well not have bothered. It's an all or nothing situation. From what we've seen this appears to be more in the game busting catagory.

Oddly it seems to me that they took the idea from EYE: Divine Cybermancy, where yes... it does make melee overpowering through a lot of the game. It tends to work largely because the game is first and foremost a single player affair with the multi-player being kind of a wonky affair that causes as much trouble as it solves (200 player co-op and stuff like that that exists largely "because we could do it").
I suppose I'd just advise everybody to carry a hatchet at all times. Thrown insta-kill weapon. A bit slow, but then, so's a guy blocking bullets.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
is it worth getting? Ive kind of got the multiplayer bug...

the game I mean

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Are you watching this EA?
That was so off-topic it wasn't even funny.
Zeel said:
free dlc's with costumes and weapons. Will They be bankrupt by the end of the year?
Valve gave Portal 2 some free DLC and Epic gave Gears 3 some free DLC too so I don't see why it would matter.