Get Your Civil War On With Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Get Your Civil War On With Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

The latest expansion to the award-winning RTS offers a host of new ships and features.

Real-time strategy fans looking for a new game to hone their empire-building skills should take note. Ironclad Games is bringing a brand new expansion to its award-winning sci-fi epic Sins of a Solar Empire later this year. Titled Rebellion, the new stand-alone expansion will be available through Steam, and introduces "rebel" and "loyalist" factions among the game's three races.

Also included in the expansion is a complete graphical overhaul and a host of new ships, most notably the colossal Titan-class starships, which you can check out in the screenshots below. They're so impressive they put the Super Star Destroyer from Star Wars to shame.

[gallery=656]

Currently, interested parties who pre-order Rebellion can jump into the public beta and start battling for galactic supremecy with the new ships available for the military-industrial TEC faction. More information can be found at the game's website here. [http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/]

Originally released in 2008, Sins of a Solar Empire received high praise for its epic space battles, low-hardware requirements and the unique blend of the real-time-strategy and 4X gameplay (which, speaking from personal experience, is incredibly addictive). Ironclad has since released two expansions for the game, Entrenchment and Diplomacy, which introduced more game features like starbases and diplomatic victory conditions for the star-faring pacifists among us.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sorry, as excited as I am for this (especially with a Steam release, woohoo!), nothing will ever be cooler than the Super Star Destroyer.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
O my, how sexy,

Now, if only, they'd do some kind of console port.
:3

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Oh god so much want. I put hours upon hours into the original game. Then I got mods and did it again, now this...

Just

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
I have yet to try this game, is it like Sword of the Stars? Been meaning to try that too.

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
The only thing I don't like about Sins is the lack of a story mode, other then that it's a pretty awesome game.

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
How is this news just now? Hasn't this been in the works for months now?
This is not out yet, the mico-expacs Diplomacy and Entrenchment were out for months, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
I have yet to try this game, is it like Sword of the Stars? Been meaning to try that too.
Running off my limited base of knowledge on Sword of the Stars I can say kind of.

There isn't ship customization, the whole game is real time, and combat is pretty decisive.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Saviordd1 said:
Waaghpowa said:
Running off my limited base of knowledge on Sword of the Stars I can say kind of.

There isn't ship customization, the whole game is real time, and combat is pretty decisive.
The only reason I ask is because I never got into the 4X games way back, but they wildly intrigue me. I did buy Sword of the Stars 2 on Steam sale, but it's overwhelmingly complex with no tutorial so I haven't done too much in it.

Ninedeus

Feb 26, 2010
That Titan Class ship is even bigger than a star base! The thought of two Titans battling it out with support ships and capital ships in a last stand vs final push would be pure joy.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I could never get into Sins, I tried and really wanted to like it but just couldnt ever get invested in it.

I could see the appeal but I prefered the structure of Homeworld and the like I suppose

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
Saviordd1 said:
Waaghpowa said:

The only reason I ask is because I never got into the 4X games way back, but they wildly intrigue me. I did buy Sword of the Stars 2 on Steam sale, but it's overwhelmingly complex with no tutorial so I haven't done too much in it.
Eh Sins is pretty simple honestly, you can at least stumble through an easy game. Admittedly anything after that requires knowledge of the game but it really isn't complex, only the economy is.