New Hawken Gameplay Trailer Will Rock[en] Your Socks[en]

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Hawken Gameplay Trailer Will Rock[en] Your Socks[en]

The latest Hawken gameplay trailer somehow manages to make the upcoming multiplayer mech game look better than ever.

The general consensus is that Hawken looks fantastic. But Hawken has looked incredible since early 2011 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108386-Indie-Mecha-Combat-Game-Hawken-Looks-Incredible], so how is it that it somehow looks better with every new trailer? Some kind of dark techno-magic, perhaps, although I suppose it might also just be part of the normal iterative process of game development. Whatever the reason, this new gameplay trailer has me seriously anxious to get behind the wheel and tear it up in a grimy, smog-choked post-industrial hellscape.

It still looks a little faster-paced than I generally prefer my mech games, but to be fair I haven't really been in a cockpit since Ghost Bear's Legacy [http://www.amazon.com/Mechwarrior-2-Ghost-Bears-Legacy-PC/dp/B0008D6UWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330721897&sr=8-1], and I imagine any reservations I have now will fade away quickly once the fur starts to fly. The visual style is fantastic, it sounds great and while the game world probably won't be overly deep, it looks nothing short of brilliant.

The free-to-play PC mech shooter Hawken is set to go live on December 12, but you can sign up for the beta now at playhawken.com [http://playhawken.com/].

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Loved the fast-paced mechs à la Zone of the Enders. I wasn´t aware of this game, but i´m pleasantly surprised by this video.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
My. Fucking. God. I have to play this. Now if only I were a PC gamer...

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Kaymish said:
it looks a little fast paced for me too
Stay away from Armored Core then. The speed in that series practically gives you bullet time in other games after you get used to it.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'm more used to Mechs like Mechwarrior; slow, lumbering monstrosities that take a hundred nukes to kill.

But this still looks badass! Can't wait, not nerely enough good mech games out there.

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Is that a battleship raid?! Holy s---- this is gonna be awesome. Although there probably wont be any mech customization element in it other than guns. But im still sold !! Now if only i got my beta key...

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010

OT:
I'm SERIOUSLY hoping I get chosen for the BETA, which I signed up for the first time ya'll ran a story on this game.

With ZOE Collection: HD coming out (hopefully) this year plus Hawken...
O mecha, you so lovely.

Now, if only, that FPS Gundam game for the Wii got a NTSC-U release.
^_^

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
I cant WAIT for this game, it looks GREAT! Between this and MWO, this is going to be a great year.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
This game really is looking good. If nothing else I'm definetly going to be keeping an eye on it.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Am I the only one who subconsciously replaced the "n" in the parentheses with "m" and then added "robots" to the end? Anyway... looking forward to this.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
When I signed up on their site I got a message saying "Congratulations, Soldier.
You have elected to take part in the Hawken closed beta."

Is this right, or do they just send that to everyone?? it seems strange they would say it straight away. Other than that, I think I may just have a heart attack from awesome overload.