GDC 2012: Sins of a Dark Age

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
GDC 2012: Sins of a Dark Age

Ironclad Games reveals another cross-genre strategy game.

Read Full Article

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'll be honest, this doesn't sound like it alleviates the DOTA problem at all.

I mean the main problem with DOTA actually, as strange as it sounds, was that it was so reliant on teamwork as it was. A bad player screws it up for the rest of the team and so the team act really hostile and un-newb friendly to them.

Now we've got a system where they are even more co-dependent and every players strategy relies on the commander being on the same gameplan as them? Even if no newbs are involved, all it takes is two players to have seperate ideas about how the game should go and friction will arise.

And the other problem I think with DOTA is a lot of the strategy is unobvious and stats based. There's no visual representation for a guy having really good magic defence and so you're cancelling your magic based attacks. (Never mind clusterbombs and stun locks :( )

Still wait and see till it's released

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Why you no make Sins of a Solar Empire 2 Ironclad? Even though its not my kind of thing, I wish Ironclad luck with their new project.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Sounds interesting, we shall see what they do with it. Sounds like a game where one needs to play with a team of friends to enjoy fully.

Leftnt Sharpe said:
Why you no make Sins of a Solar Empire 2 Ironclad? Even though its not my kind of thing, I wish Ironclad luck with their new project.
Well they are giving us rebellion. And your picture... as a TEC leader I know you so I must doubt your words about not liking sins.

hightide

Kittenkiller
Jun 17, 2009
BrotherRool said:
I'll be honest, this doesn't sound like it alleviates the DOTA problem at all.

I mean the main problem with DOTA actually, as strange as it sounds, was that it was so reliant on teamwork as it was. A bad player screws it up for the rest of the team and so the team act really hostile and un-newb friendly to them.
Yeah, just what I was thinking. And, Commender sounds like the worst job, so good players will try to avoid it, leaving it for the less skilled.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
I am intrigued. I loves mah League of Legends and mah Sins of a Solar Empire. Could this be a good combination, like peanut butter and chocolate, or a bad one, like citrus and mint? FOOD ANALOGIES.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
If this is anything like the old Heroes & Empires custom game for Warcraft 3, I'm totally gonna be a Commander.

Myrmidons13

Oct 30, 2012
Sins of a Dark Age is a team-based RTS game with the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena elements. The characters in MMORPG Broken Realm [http://www.dotmmo.com/broken-realm-15244.html] look more sexy than the 2D mmorpg Crystal Saga, and I think it is more suitable for adult players. For more original piantings and screenshots, you can visit the Dotmmo site.