inXile Kicks Around Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Rewards

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
inXile Kicks Around Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Rewards

A list of Kickstarter rewards for the planned Wasteland 2 sequel is being kicked around right now at inXile's official Wasteland Chronicles website.

First things first: Did anyone here know that this Wasteland 2 website [http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/] even existed? I had no idea, and I feel kind of embarrassed about that. The first blog post is just a few days old which takes a bit of the sting out of it but still, this seems like the sort of thing I should be aware of the second it happens.

In any event, it's there, it currently contains a single blog post from Brian Fargo talking a bit about the history of the game and what's planned for the sequel, and more importantly there's a expect for their money [http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/index.php].

At the $15 start level, supporters will get a copy of the game on Steam plus a special skill and weapon available only to those who donate. $30 gets the same, plus a copy of the soundtrack, while $50 brings with it a full, large boxed edition of Wasteland 2 with a cloth map and "old school comprehensive instruction manual."

And then it gets serious. For $100 you'll get all the above plus the collector's edition of the game, which will include premium packaging, a Wasteland miniature, Wasteland 2 faction badge and your name in the credits. $250 means your CE box will be autographed by Brian Fargo, Alan Pavlish, Mike Stackpole and the gang, a "real" [as in, not in-game] Desert Ranger medal of honor and a limited edition, numbered collectible coin. $1000 bucks gets you in the game; $2500 bucks brings home a signed and numbered exploded blood sausage. Got $10,000 to spend? That's all of the above plus a whole bunch of extra stuff, 50 copies of the game to do with as you please and an invite to a party in California with Fargo, Pavlish and other "key members" of the team.

The Kickstarter rewards aren't yet carved in stone, so you still have a chance to jump into the conversation and let them know what you think. A few changes [http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=133] have already been made, including the addition of a Wasteland 2 poster and digital concept art book to various levels of support; the team also clarified that the supporter weapon and skill "will absolutely be entertaining" but won't throw the game out of balance, and the whole thing [in case it hasn't been mentioned before] will be DRM-free.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Hey I commented that the Wasteland 2 website was up. Apparently no one read that post. Now back on topic I plan on going for either the $50 or $100 donation I'm just waiting to see when they will actually put the kickstarter up.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
OniaPL said:
What is this Wasteland? I am intrigued.
More or less the inspiration for the Fallout series, and it's quite similar. Tv Tropes and Wikipedia both have decent articles on it.
[link]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Wasteland[/link]

or

[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_%28video_game%29[/link]

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
a special skill and weapon available only to those who donate.
So it's exclusive preorder DLC, only from Gamestop Kickstarter. Not gonna comment, just thought I'd point that out.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]
Andy Chalk said:
So it's exclusive preorder DLC, only from Gamestop Kickstarter. Not gonna comment, just thought I'd point that out.
Well go to the website and point that out to them. On the page it says they aren't set in stone. I'm not disagreeing here just pointing that out.

Apr 28, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]
Andy Chalk said:
But, you see, it's not from Gamestop or a big publisher, so that means it's totally fine.

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see if it gets as much rage as pre-order dlc normally gets. Probably not, since it's not from Gamestop or a big publisher.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Irridium said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
Andy Chalk said:
But, you see, it's not from Gamestop or a big publisher, so that means it's totally fine.

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see if it gets as much rage as pre-order dlc normally gets. Probably not, since it's not from Gamestop or a big publisher.
Once again it's not set in stone these can be changed. Odds are they are just tossing ideas around to try rewarding people who support them.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I hope this thing gets the funding it needs, Wasteland's been gathering dust for too long.

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]
Andy Chalk said:
they say it will just be some random things like a toaster repairman skill.

Feb 13, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
while $50 brings with it a full, large boxed edition of Wasteland 2 with a cloth map and "old school comprehensive instruction manual."
I don't know if that's sad or awesome that instruction manuals are considered that important.

Captcha: Patience, child

Inglip knows all.

rolfwesselius said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
Andy Chalk said:
they say it will just be some random things like a toaster repairman skill.
Surely, bicycle repairman!

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Cloth map and manual sounds too good to pass on. I wonder if they ship overseas.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
The 250 looks tempting.
Also expensive. very expensive. Honestly, based off this I think I'd probably go for the 30 one. Thats within my price range.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
I have little to no interest in the game as I could barely stand the gameplay in Fallout but the idea of an old school big box and proper manual sounds pretty awesome.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Irridium said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
Andy Chalk said:

I'd be totally fine with day-one DLC for specific individuals if it meant that certain games got made that otherwise would not. Honestly, you must see the difference here..

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
$1000 to get into the game? Very cool but I highly doubt I'd ever toss that much over to them. I'd have to be debt free for that to be a viable option and sadly, I am not. Still, I'd be willing to toss them 50 bucks. It'd certainly kick the nostalgia in.