Humble Android Bundle 2 Goes Live - UPDATED

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Android Bundle 2 Goes Live - UPDATED

The second Humble Bundle for Android [and PC, Linux and Mac] is now on sale!

Once more for the people who missed it the first 17 times, here's the Humble Bundle deal: pay what you want for a bunch of really good indie games, divvie the money up between the developers, charity and the Humble Bundle team and... well, that's about it, really. It's a fantastic deal all the way around.

Up for grabs in this edition of the Humble Android Bundle are Canabalt, Zen Bound 2, Cogs and Avadon: The Black Fortress, and for those who pay more than the average price, currently sitting at a little under six bucks, Swords & Soldiers, too. All five games are making their debuts on the Android mobile platform - hence the name of the bundle - but for those of you who'd rather kick it old-school, which is to say with a mouse and keyboard, PC, Mac and Linux versions of the games are all part of the package. As a bonus, Canabalt, Zen Bound 2 and Swords & Soldiers also include official soundtracks, and all five games in the bundle are completely DRM-free.

As usual, things seem to be going very well for this bundle, which has raked in nearly $65,000 on more than 11,000 sales in its first day - and there are still 14 days on the clock. Get all the details [and all the games!] at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com/].

UPDATE: Not much of a surprise here, but more stuff has been added to the Humble Android Bundle 2. This time around, "more stuff" means the 2D action game Smuggle Truck [http://snuggletruck.com/], which presented itself as a satirical take on illegal immigration in the U.S., will also be made available exclusively to Android owners.

Snuggle Truck will be included with all Humble Android Bundle 2 purchases and as always, if you've already made the buy you can pop back and pick it up at no charge.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Android bundle? I guess I can skip...

Andy Chalk said:
PC, Mac and Linux versions of the games are all part of the package.
Oh god my poor wallet. Now I gotta pick between this and Anachronox.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Hey has anyone ever been hacked from using the bundle since I had to get rid of my credit card a while ago and while the humble indie bundle was one of the only purchases out of the oridinary steam purchases I still don't know what happened.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I don't know any of those games, except for Cogs wich I already own from past Bundles, but they all seem really interesting, plus, the HIB is the only indie bundle that's not filled with crappy games I'll uninstall 20 minutes after hitting the start button *throws hissy fists at Royale and Gala bundles*.

All of my money belongs to the Humble Indie Bundle.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
80Maxwell08 said:
Hey has anyone ever been hacked from using the bundle since I had to get rid of my credit card a while ago and while the humble indie bundle was one of the only purchases out of the oridinary steam purchases I still don't know what happened.
Not I, and I haven't heard of anyone running into issues like that.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
SupahGamuh said:
I don't know any of those games, except for Cogs wich I already own from past Bundles, but they all seem really interesting, plus, the HIB is the only indie bundle that's not filled with crappy games I'll uninstall 20 minutes after hitting the start button *throws hissy fists at Royale and Gala bundles*.

All of my money belongs to the Humble Indie Bundle.
While I think the overall quality is usually better with the HIBs, Royale bundles have good offerings, such as the St Patricks day Royale including Hard Reset. Granted the remainder of the games were subpar by comparison, but honestly Ive enjoyed Hard reset alone more than everything in the HIB this round. So its a choice of 1 good game and 3 other pretty weak ones, or 5 weak to average ones.

Though personal taste also plays a part.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
viranimus said:
Though personal taste also plays a part.
Very true. I usually pick up the Royale as well - the first one had the Blackwell trilogy and that was IMHO definitely worth it. Since then they usually have one non-dud each, so I pick it up. Main reason I don't get the Gala is due to it being Steam-only. The one I bought I gave to a friend and he seemed happy, said most of 'em were ones he was going to buy anyway.