Weaponize Your Offspring in Conception: Please Deliver My Child

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Weaponize Your Offspring in Conception: Please Deliver My Child

The upcoming release of Conception: Please Deliver My Child means I can never accuse JRPGs of being formulaic ever again.

You start the game as your average (and by average, I mean "absurdly skinny and attractive) recently-graduated high schooler. Shortly after your cousin comes to you and reveals that she's pregnant, you're whisked away to a distant, magical land and promptly tasked with saving it from an impending monster invasion.

To do this, you have to find the twelve star maidens, seduce and impregnate them, then use your ill-gotten, bastard children to fight monsters.

Oh yes. Each sproglet comes with her (they all appear to be female) own unique abilities, and you can take all twelve of them into battle at once. Nothing says "responsible parenting" like having your offspring hurl themselves at dangerous monsters in adorable waves.

The game itself appears to be an odd mashup of dating sim and dungeon crawler, a combination that worked very well for the later Persona titles. Conception: Please Deliver My Child will be released on the PSP on April 26th in Japan. No word on anything even resembling a western release as of yet.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'm, um, damn.

Silly Japanese men, boobies don't move that way!

-Sorry folks, it's all I got-

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
Am used to Japanese weirdness, but that is pretty mad. At least according to the wikipedia entry 'the "Star Children" are produced by pouring energy from Itsuki and one of the twelve "Star Maidens" into a particular device'. So not as seedy as it could be then, just as said in the article a mash up dating and dungeon game.

The concept for sending your virtual off spring into battle for lulz is just a bit disturbing....

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well....uh. Indeed that is quite original. And weird. Very, very weird.
Oh Japan. You`re goddamn insane. But original.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Well, with this, the jokes practically write themselves. I can't add anything on top of it, it's too batshit.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Why can't Bioware RPG's be more like this?

That's what the Mass Effect ending needed; launching the newborn child of you and your love interest out of a mass Relay at the Reaper Army. It's the ending Gotham deserves, not the one it needs...

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
Is it bad that I actually want to try this?

No really, just look at all the things you can do. Like...
Seduce, and have your children taken away by protective services. At least that's what I hope for.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
I

Uhm

Uhhh

Yeahh

What?

I mean seriously what the hell is this?

Guess they get points for originality.

TechTim

Apr 15, 2011
so if i am to understand this correctly you impregnate 12 strangers in order to fight the evil monster.... wasn't aware monsters were willing to wait for their destroyer to be born & when did jrpg's start borrowing from jerry springer

HarmanSmith

Aug 12, 2009
I get the feeling this is the kind of game Sander Cohen would make if he were real. Say what you want about Rapture, in a place without any concept of political correctness, the video games would certainly be interesting.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Well, a lot us keep saying that we need games that are new and fresh, and this definitely looks new and fresh. Kudos, I suppose?

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
What.
I don't-
I can't-
I mean, like-
Huh?

That's, umm, very... unique? I guess? I can't even decide if this is hilarious or frightening. It's really disturbing, but it's disturbing in the way that you can't help but laugh your face off. It's intriguing but I can't help but be intrigued because it's like nothing that I've ever seen or even heard of before.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Two words: Fecking. Awesome. Really hope they bring this one stateside. I love weird, out-there concepts for games, and this one delivers. I really want to play this one.

Bertinan

Nov 5, 2008
It's not quite as bad as the article puts it out to be. The whole child making process basically boils down to a kiss, and causes the kid to pop out of some item (egg, maybe?)

And sending kids into battle is nothing new. Dragon Quest did it long before this game was even thought up.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
That's...that's so....AMAZINGLY WIERD and I LOVE it! I figure something like this will NEVER make it to an American market but...if it does...oh I'm going to buy it just because I want to be able to say I played it.