Assassin's Creed III

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
After AC2 I was quite bored. But this looks really interesting. I'm looking forward to this.

Perhaps in the multiplayer players will be able to camouflage themselves (Maybe like the camouflage system in Metal Gear Solid 3) to suit their area. I'm guessing the multiplayer will be like 'cat and mouse' which would make for some tense matches.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Being a bit of an outdoorsman myself, I'm very excited about the wilderness setting. It will be cool to would through a forest where the trees are more than more scenery, but a part of my strategy as well.

Did they say if any survival elements will be put into the game? I hope they would make it an option, like a New Vegas hardcore mode. But I'd understand if they didn't go that route, as it's not the point of the series.

hydroblitz

May 15, 2009
I get more excited every time I hear about this game. jumping around in the trees sounds amazing!

spacecowboy86

Jan 7, 2010
I don't seem to be the first, and I don't think I'll be the last to say that I'm going to be spending most of my time jumping through the trees like a ninja. That's just too awesome a prospect.

Jan 12, 2012
Jumping through the forest sounds good, and I'm sure they can pull it off properly, but I'm going to miss the people of the city. If they're going to be historically accurate, odds are you would encounter only the occasional woodsman or militia patrol, which seems like it would cut down on story potential.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
As potentially one of the few Desmond fans in the world, I hope they do actually give us some Desmond time, rather than just placing us on a black island for some pointless delay time.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Jumping through trees is all well and good, but what I wanted to know more about was the combat. Seriously, how are they dealing with guns?

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
I'm still not happy with the setting, and the new protagonist, but we'll see. They'll probably make it work. If not, there's still Desmond.

By the way, we still have to see the fella use a hidden blade, don't we?

Purple Dragon

Dec 19, 2010
On the note of interacting with Washington, Lee, etc.. I'm a bit worried, Ubisoft could be tempted into going all Brits=evil on us, and ignore some facts like southern states joined on the promise slavey would not be looked at or that most of the native americans involved sided with the british

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Purple Dragon said:
On the note of interacting with Washington, Lee, etc.. I'm a bit worried, Ubisoft could be tempted into going all Brits=evil on us, and ignore some facts like southern states joined on the promise slavey would not be looked at or that most of the native americans involved sided with the british
And the fact that Washington is a templar, as explicitly stated in ACII.

I believe the term to describe me is "bloody-cautiously optimistic"

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
The movement technology has been improved here as well, and there are even options for Connor to go through buildings as well as over and around them.

Insane. Unheard of.

Oh, and those screenshots look all sort of beautiful. And people thought that the US was a bad idea.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Daaaah Whoosh said:
Jumping through trees is all well and good, but what I wanted to know more about was the combat. Seriously, how are they dealing with guns?
They said somewhere that the combat was going to rely on you moving around much faster and using the enemies as a sort of obstacle to jump around, kind of like in the Batman games. So I'm guessing there's gonna be more emphasis on the dodge button.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I can't help but think that the French Revolution/Napoleonic period would be far more fitting for the game. Not that this won't work, it's just nothing like the other games.

As a sidenote, if the Old North Church is not a viewpoint, someone needs to lose their job.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Oh. Count me in.

Even though my previous encounters with the series had left a stale taste because of either boredom inducement (AC1) or too much of contrived, illogical shit story (AC2), but being, moving and fighting in those worlds is just win.

Will indeed be interesting to see how they manage guns, though.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
CAN NOT WAIT!!

seriously I love Ezio, and really enjoyed his full story, but this new location is a playground I can't wait to explore!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Richardplex said:
Purple Dragon said:
And the fact that Washington is a templar, as explicitly stated in ACII.

I believe the term to describe me is "bloody-cautiously optimistic"
Whut? I have played AC2 HUNDREDS of times and never heard he was a Templar...Please tell me more O.O

OT: Ben Franklin is in this game you say? You mean this dude?

Oooooh it would be hilarious if he rap battled against Washington, but i can dream i suppose.

Anyway, joking aside, i am really looking forward to this, and im glad we are moving on from Ezio. Even though i could listen to his voice all day, it needed to end. I hope Connor is just as good, or even better. I don't want him to be another Altair, who i personally don't like character wise.

However, i wish they had picked another location, America is just to over-used now a days. I really hope that if the series continues, in maybe a new kind of story not following Desmond, that they explore England and Japan, Maybe even Ancient Greece and Egypt.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
I hope they don't focus too much on the multiplayer. AC is all about the singleplayer. Also, I kinda hope the British aren't all dicks. I'd like to see a couple of nice chaps in there with decent morals. But at the same time I also want to see outrageous over-the-top colonialism-ho villains. because that would be awesome.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
This makes me happy. I'm a HUGE Assassin's Creed fan, so October can't come any sooner.
I wonder how many days exactly until it comes out...