iPad's Baldur's Gate Will Cost Less Than $10

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
iPad's Baldur's Gate Will Cost Less Than $10

If you purchase the upcoming Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for iPad, you'll get access to multiplayer and 80+ hours of content for less than a faded green portrait of Alexander Hamilton.

According to a recent interview with Kotaku, Beamdog will sell the iPad version of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for less than $10, calling any price higher than that just "crazy." But just because the company has cut the game's retail cost, that doesn't mean it's cutting content.

"Baldur's Gate is a pretty big game and we're not cutting it down to size," said Cameron Tofer, the Beamdog's chief operating officer. "There's a boatload of content there, 80+ hours. But past ten dollars doesn't make sense."

The initial Baldur's Gate iPad release will include all of the enhanced Baldur's Gate, its Tales of the Sword Coast expansion, and whatever additional content Beamdog has been cooking up. A similarly retooled version of the game's sequel, Shadows of Amn will be released sometime after the first. Tofer has also confirmed that the iPad edition of BG:EE will support multiplayer, though details of its specific implementation have yet to be announced.

Final pricing for both the iPad and PC edition, as well as what we can expect from the game's multiplayer should be announced in the near(ish) future, as Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is scheduled to arrive for iOS and Steam this summer.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5896565/baldurs-gate-ipad-will-support-multiplayer-cost-less-than-10]

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
*Clap clap clap* That's a good price for Baldur's Gate. Just stick around the GOG price and you're playing it smart.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
PrinceOfShapeir said:
*Clap clap clap* That's a good price for Baldur's Gate. Just stick around the GOG price and you're playing it smart.
Not just that, but selling both versions for the same price. Ubisoft did the stupid thing of trying to sell that Dungeon game for 40 dollars on the Vita when it was originally an App game for 1 dollar.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Good price for it really. Though I've only just recently bought both Baldur's Gate games off GOG.com so I doubt I will be buying the Enhanced Edition. Although it would be nice if this sets a pattern and we will see more enhanced editions of other classic games.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I hope they sell a multiple copy version, like that Terraria 4 pack on Steam, seriously I will want to play this with at least 4 people, but I know no one that will play it unless I buy it for them.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Oh my god I can't wait to actually get this now, my PC is too banged up to even use any game at all so I'm happy this is coming to iPad as I've always wanted to play all of these. And I can do it wherever I want XD

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Good price for it really. Though I've only just recently bought both Baldur's Gate games off GOG.com so I doubt I will be buying the Enhanced Edition. Although it would be nice if this sets a pattern and we will see more enhanced editions of other classic games.
If BGEE does well(and BG2EE of course), Trent Oster said he wants to enhance Planescape: Torment next.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
I recently found out that the App Store (for laptops) version of Neverwinter Nights 2 is 99 cents. It isn't a great game, but its nice to see companies not being outrageous for older and maybe less popular gamer that are just getting switched over.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Saw that there's a Steam version, praised the dark gods I don't have to buy an iPad to get this game.

Also, ten bucks for Baldur's Gate? Sweet!

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
I hope for the day when Nintendo will realize that the 3DS is the perfect vehicle in which to feed the population RPGs such as this and brings them back into the mainstream.