EA Rolls Out Medal of Honor: Warfighter Gameplay Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Rolls Out Medal of Honor: Warfighter Gameplay Trailer

The MoH: Warfighter gameplay trailer is all guns and guitars.

"Inspired by actual events across the globe and written by real Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas" is how EA Hogan's Heroes [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T5MtlQlQUM8], so maybe that's a misconception on my part.

In any event, this trailer has plenty of dudes shooting other dudes, high-speed chatter about "sitreps" and "extracts" and of course lots of things blowing up, including somebody's head. It looks like fun, I suppose, but it also strikes me as very generic. I can't help but wonder if non-hardcore fans could tell the difference between this and similar trailers for Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 and maybe even Homefront if they were laid out side-by-side.

But if shooting dudes in realistic backwater hotspots with the latest military hardware is your thing, then Medal of Honor: Warfighter [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Warfighter-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SY5BM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334244139&sr=8-1] looks promising. The trailer also states that preordering the game will get you a "40-hour tactical head start," although it says nothing about what that actually means. Whatever it is, there's no rush - the new Medal of Honor doesn't come out until October 23, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and possibly the Wii U.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
This looks interesting. At least I think so. I read in a preview in a magazine that the bodycount isn't at ridiculous levels as it is in CoD and BF. Apparently it's very genuine, which, crossed with Battlefield's ridiculously good engine, is an intriguing concept for me.
I'm optimistic.

Also, on top of story etc, this looks fucking gorgeous.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
Can someone tell what is the point of this series when EA already has Battlefield which seems to be the exact same thing?

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Warforger said:
Can someone tell what is the point of this series when EA already has Battlefield which seems to be the exact same thing?
BF3 is about MP and large battle warfare. Medal of Honor is about small MP fights and good SP. I actually liked the story in the first Medal Of Honor and enjoyed the SP part. Even if if it was scripted.

This one looks like it's gonna be fun as well.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
[Swedish] SOG (Särskilda Operationsgruppen)

Hmm, color me tempted. Even if it will probably just be a multiplayer faction. Still, I like these kind of generic experiences when I don't have any expectations what so ever. Frostbite 2 looking mighty fine as well.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
And not a single damn was given that day. Seriously, EA, just let this die and focus on one ripoff series.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
They screwed up: Captain Price isn't an American who fights Arabs. Captain Price is a British guy who fights Russians (and sometimes Arabs).

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Zefar said:
Warforger said:
BF3 is about MP and large battle warfare. Medal of Honor is about small MP fights and good SP. I actually liked the story in the first Medal Of Honor and enjoyed the SP part. Even if if it was scripted.

This one looks like it's gonna be fun as well.
I agree with this. MOH's multiplayer was a bit lacking, even if I had some fun with it. On the other hand, the single player was much better than expected and ended up being the greatest strength of the game. Now that Danger Close is working on both campaign and multiplayer, with Frostbite 2, I'm pretty excited to see what this is going to be all about.

Then there's EA...

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
Gonna be on my "wait til price drop" list.

Game looks damn good, but probably nothing we haven't seen (or played) before & knowing EA's practices...

SayHelloToMrBullet

Sep 6, 2011
Can't EA just leave the MOH series alone? It's suffered enough already, just let it die.

This isn't even MOH any more - just another game trying to be as popular as COD.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Looks fun, this is what I wanted the BF3 campaign to be like, not 30 minutes of sitting in a jet THAT YOU CANT FLY

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011

Anyway, another day, another dollar. And also another CoD clone that will be Origin exclusive.

I'm not a huge fan of Brown Warfare shooters, but I might consider a purchase if it wasn't going to be held hostage to pc fans, forcing them to download a crap and intrusive client.