Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Hands On

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010

The soldier of tomorrow is in your hands today.

Read Full Article

Dejanus

Jul 15, 2010
There hasn't been a console shooter that recaptured the team-based experience I had with the two GRAW games. I hope this will be the one to do so, and I've dug up my Conviction disk in order to find out. Bring on the beta.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Since last years E3 I thought this game was shaping up to be good. I've never played a Ghost Recon game before but consider my interest piqued.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Nice! Graw 1 and 2 are long-time favourites of mine!
Glad to see this is shaping up to be more contemporary, and yet still have the same GRAW feel!

I'll take 1, please.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
A little bit of GRAW, a little bit of Rainbow 6, and they're gonna throw in extreme details for changing up your weapon and follow halo on the free Multiplayer support with heat maps and other goodies... very nice.

Epictank of Wintown

Jan 8, 2009
nikomas1 said:
This is not ghost recon, this is "Arcade Recon, Common Warfighter"
And how, exactly, do you justify such a statement? Have you had hands-on experience in the game, or are you just speaking out of ignorance based on a few snippets of gameplay here and there?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Was really excited until I read the phrase "homing ammo." Still optimistic though.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
look good. but from the looks of it its not yet available for the pc. i just hope the controls are not as complex as in the last one.

yayforgiveaway

Aug 25, 2009
nikomas1 said:
"Arcade Recon, Common Warfighter":Consolitis riddled version.
(or Console-tards edition)
Now I know why they didn't want to do a PC version:

They didn't want to EMBARRASS themselves.

I played GRAW2.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
Steve Butts said:

The soldier of tomorrow is in your hands today.

Read Full Article
No offense, Steve, but does it really matter if you get kick ass technology from next Sunday AD if games can have technology that is post Star Trek if it is functionally equivalent and gives you even more kick ass shit to use?

Tac-cloak is cool and everything, but a dedicated stealth mechanic combined with its own sets of advantages and countermeasures would be the definition of booyah.

Balmong7

Apr 9, 2010
Am I the only one that noticed "Hord mode like in call of duty"? Hord was in Gears of Wars. Not COD...

The Game looks great though.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I've been looking forward to this game for some time now.
I just hope the steering won't be as stiff as in Graw 2.
I would like to move more cod-like in the game. i.e. With more agility.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So far, this is looking really promising. I'm a fan of many shooters that can give a bit of an epic, battlefield experience while keeping a bit of a team dynamic (which is why I don't really enjoy CoD so much, as it's more 1v1 bullets flying anywhere than an actual battlefield-esque experience), which is why I liked Battlefield 3 a whole lot.

And, sans the vehicles, this does feel like an upgraded version of Battlefield 3, so I hope this turns out to be a great success. If anything, I'd like CoD to stop being such a powerhouse.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
nikomas1 said:
I know how you feel. The same thing happened to Splinter Cell. It just suffers in my opinion for copying the name. It may very well be a fun game (I enjoyed Conviction) but it just clashes with the games pre-existing history. Just my two cents.

If you copped as many bullets as he did in that clip you would be dead five times over in previous Ghost Recons.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
This looks fun, I might have to consider getting it.
On a side note: Wasn't Splinter Cell Conviction supposed to come with a betaa for this game what was now to be released around this month?

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
They all laughed at me! Now those CoD fans will understand why I refused to buy any Call of Duty Title after Call of Duty 2 and to this day play GRAW and GRAW 2!

nikomas1

Jul 3, 2008
Epictank of Wintown said:
nikomas1 said:
And how, exactly, do you justify such a statement? Have you had hands-on experience in the game, or are you just speaking out of ignorance based on a few snippets of gameplay here and there?
Justify it?
I played the old ghost recon games, I played the old rainbow 6 games...
These franchises are all but dead to the old fans these days, they are not the same games and hell, it's not even the same genre anymore and it's as simple as that.